Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

52 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Copenhagen is a wonderful city that we have been to 5 times.

Main tourist attractions:-

Tivoli gardens.

Little Mermaid.

Nyhavn.

Amalienborg Palace.

Stroget a very long shopping street.

Graham.

Do they still have the Copenhagen card that gets you into all those things and more for 1 price?  We liked the Christanborg Palace - have you been there?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Do they still have the Copenhagen card that gets you into all those things and more for 1 price?  We liked the Christanborg Palace - have you been there?

Yes.

We were last in Copenhagen in May 2015 before our Serenade of the seas Baltic cruise.

During the 1990s we were guests of Anthon Berg Tom's Danish chocolate 4 times for 3 days each time and they took us to all the sights and had a full day with meals in a Schooner boat.

Screenshot_20220810_132136.jpg

Screenshot_20220810_132418.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I watched BD Med from Monday night last night.   The sacking of Raygan was uneventful, pretty much how she was a bosun.

I feel bad for both Dave and Natasha.   He really should have backed off.  The things he said to her were uncalled for but she also misled him.   She was basically throwing herself at him in the beginning.  

Do we think the new deckhand will be Malia?

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't think it will be Malia. Storm deserves the chamce to prove himself as bosun and I don't think she would fall back into the role as a deck hand after being a bosun. At least I hope it is not Malia. 

I think Storm will be promoted. He has a lot of experience. I've read that Malia does not want to return as a bosun but is open to a position higher. I think she wants to replace Captain Sandy.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

Reminds me of my first time in Jamaica back in the 1980s.  As soon as we got off the ship, everyone was swarming us trying to get us to buy jewelry, get our hair braided, etc.  I started speaking French (thank you, high school!) and they all backed off and swarmed someone else b/c they thought I didn't speak English and they wanted an "easy sale".  

Perfect!!!!

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is currently 74°F and sunny.

Pauline and her work colleagues are currently at the church funeral service of one of their colleagues who died aged 56.

Take care friends and make every day a special day.

Graham.

Such a young age.  It's always so sad to hear.

You are so right, Graham. We should always try to make each day count.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Aren't most of them?  I just finished Season 9, and was glad to see that chef Rachel cleaned up her act this Season.

Most of the chef's were temperamental except for Marcus on BD Sailing. He was a gentle giant.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Also, are you OK with the title change of the thread? 

No, I'm not. Not only that, but I wasn't even accorded the courtesy of saying: "Look, OP, "we" decided to change the thread's name, since in "our" opinion, it is obsolete"....

4 hours ago, taznremmy said:

When I first noticed this, I was hopeful that it was at your request. 

No, it wasn't.

I'm sorry that it wasn't. Thank you, Pat.

Moreover, I think that despite our different "sizes" and "shapes", it is the "lockdown" and the stressful situation we have ALL found ourselves in, that brought us together.... and it still is, despite it being, for now, "obsolete"....

• Like 22

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Moreover, I think that despite our different "sizes" and "shapes", it is the "lockdown" and the stressful situation we have ALL found ourselves in, that brought us together.... and it still is, despite it being, for now, "obsolete"....

Totally agree. It's like they dismissed the whole reason why we came here in the first place.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2022 at 10:51 PM, brillohead said:

My next batch of cruises will be nine B2B/S2S for 61 days at sea (there is one day on land in the middle when I change ships).  And I STILL won't want to come home!  

I'd gladly be the female version of SuperMario if I had a sugar daddy or won the lottery or something!

Me too!

• Like 2

On 8/8/2022 at 10:58 AM, Jimbo said:

You need to find home grown tomatoes like these, red all the way through sweet n' juicy and hardly any seeds.

20220801_161600.jpg

I haven’t see a tomato that’s red all the way through in years. 
For a while, farmers markets were all over the place on Saturdays. Then they disappeared. 

• Like 1

Good morning,everyone.

As I have written before,this thread moves very quickly. I was surprised to see the title has been changed. One morning, I was reading the posts under the original title.During the evening, I returned to Dani’s thread,and saw that the title had been changed. At least the former title was kept in parenthesis.

Despite the change, Dani and followers continue to post,so that is a good thing!

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Passed my COVID test today.  Mariner here I come (Sat) Aruba Bahama (not really) come on pretty mamma 😇

Kokomo.  One of my favorite songs.  Wish I could visit all the places mentioned!

6 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

@DaniDanielle Marietta- I tried to post yesterday,but it was a no go.

I was very pleased to read your post that your daughter and grand children are joining you on the cruise! Wishing you all a very good vacation !

MJ🙋🏻

I echo the above!  Hopefully, new experiences and sunshine will help create new memories.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I booked our one-way return flights from San Juan at the end of our Voyager repositioning cruise.  The only nonstop option was JetBlue into Boston which was $360 pp before adding luggage or upgrading to have it included.  I was able to get Southwest into Providence with one stop in Baltimore (and bags included) for $160pp.  The cruise departs from Boston on a Sunday so we’ll have one of the kids drive us up. If we had flown back to Boston, getting home on a Tuesday would’ve been sticky.  Flying into Providence, we can just Uber home - a whole 6.9 mile trip.  I also booked the Hotel Casablanca for our one night stay in Old San Juan before flying home.  Thanks @Sea Dogfor the recommendation.  
Bonus points:  I have enough travel rewards  on our everyday credit card (CapitalOne) to redeem the airfare & hotel so that part of the trip is “free”!

• Like 18

On 8/8/2022 at 6:53 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

That is our favorite too.  Oasis class, OVB, mid ship, deck 8.  

I thought Deck 8 was my secret. 
When a friend heard me say Deck 8 she said she would never book that deck because of the noise from Central Park. 
I just smiled. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

It was Bob (Clarea) who recommended deck 8 for the proximity to CP 😉 and that's what we booked in Allure 😁

Second best, according to Bob, was deck 6 (Promenade deck).

Deck 5 is Promenade.