Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

She was... and not just any old run of the mill suite either.

Ok what suite was it😁😁😁😁, we normally book grand suites, celebrity gives you a ton of points for there high end suites . I think I would be pinnacle if I stuck with one line but didn’t, have over 70 cruises and last 15 or so were suites . 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, George C said:

Ok what suite was it😁😁😁😁, we normally book grand suites, celebrity gives you a ton of points for there high end suites . I think I would be pinnacle if I stuck with one line but didn’t, have over 70 cruises and last 15 or so were suites . 

One of those two story ones up in the crown on that elusive deck 17.

• Like 3

Muggy day here with temps to be in low to mid 90s.    We had beautiful weather all week.  

Last night we went to good friends of ours for over 30 yrs moving to FL party.   They bought a home just outside of Clearwater.   We will miss our regular outings with them but so happy they are finally fulfilling their dream.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

She was... and not just any old run of the mill suite either.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Assume you were in a Suite for the 32 pts?

54 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

46 minutes ago, George C said:

My knees refuse to book those suites.

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The left side of my brain agrees with your knees.

Ok I am no spring chicken here, and probably would be put out of my misery and used for chicken broth.

But as I age my doctor keeps telling me the more I am walking the better  I will be.

Yes bad left hip and knee.

Too the point of when I move the wrong way, OUCH!  (hip pain more than knee)

So, I try to move the correct way and walk and walk and walk.

When watching TV I walk the house stairs, (3 flights on commercials).

I get up when the spouse leaves for work at 6am Mon-Friday and walk the street at least 3 laps which is approx 3 miles on our street.

When the weather does not cooperate I walk the mall at 7:30 with all the walkers.

There I make myself do 4-5  miles.

Why the CLS.

I like it and it has stairs, yup, stairs....but also a railing to grasp onto when I have had a long day.

And besides we can only cruise 2-3 times a year, so it can happen now.

Oh next year a

Alaskan cruises $$$$$$$$$

Trying another category...............booked differently.   

I know I am getting older, but do not want to have joint replacements yet, trying to keep the old ball and sockets moving, but when it is time, it will happen.

P.S.  First time I multi quoted.

Take care

• Like 15

11 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Same! I've been doing it for 15 years and just landed my dream job last year. There's one I can't wait for: my friends and I from our sister communities are partnering together once a month for the next 3 months to do a Lip Sync Battle at each community!

Great.My son in law is self employed and works from home.The nursing home is close to where he lives and he is able to devote much of his free time to the residents of the facility.He organizes trips and lectures among other activities.

Re your screen name ,are you from NYC ?

Edited by lenquixote66
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Those lines loft suites look nice but those stairs would be no good with my knee and hip arthritis.

Seeing the x-rays on Monday it was clearly explained that the inside of my knees were almost bone on bone.

• Like 5

TSOTD is Abbey Road from the Beatles Collection.I treated myself to the shirt for my 60th.birthday and added it to my music collectibles collection planning to never wear it.However,we celebrated my 70th.birthday with a family cruise and I decided to wear it on a sea day.We were sitting in an outdoor lounge and a guy approached us wearing the same shirt.He was from the UK and also was wearing his shirt for the first time after having it many years.He and his wife sat down at the table and we had a great conversation about our love for music.We were both there with family but we met later in the cruise for another music discussion.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I really want to see this video!  Not sure I’ll remember near Christmas, though.  😉  Could you make a note on your phone or calendar to post it?

But wait a minute, don’t you start decorating for Christmas pretty soon anyway?

I'm finishing up my Christmas music compilation mix right now. I'll start decorating day after Halloween since I love that holiday too.

Here is the video. This is the WCC Big Band that I played in about 10 years ago. We recorded a Christmas album. I set up a camera in the drum booth because I am picky about analyzing my playing looking for ways to improve. You will notice I'm looking a lot to the left. The camera does not show the chart I am reading. Yes drummers have sheet music too. The chart shows me all the brass rhythms that I will sometimes accent or do a fill as as a setup. 

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Our current BD finished last night 

It was March 20th 2020 and Captain Lee said the last 2 charters had been cancelled because of the pandemic and they all left the yacht 

My Sienna to go home.

I'll never forget the look on Capt. Lee's face after he was told the last two charters had cancelled. The was a real look of horror about the pandemic.

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I like your thinking.  For Greg, it must be the start of Christmas season right about now.  And who ever said that you can only listen to Greensleeves at Christmas time?  

See above.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, brillohead said:

My mother kicked me out of the family twenty years ago, so I got out of that end of things with my family of origin.  (Getting disowned was the best thing that ever happened to me, aside from the birth of my son!)

However, I have "surrogate parents" that I met about 18 years ago.  Even though they have four children of their own who are my age, I am the Responsible Kid.  I'm their patient advocate when they go to the hospital, I'm the one who spends the night with them at the hospital, and I'm the executor of their estate.  I now live a couple states away, and I'm still in almost daily contact with them.  

Makes me wonder what my life might have been like if I'd grown up with a functional family... but at least I broke the cycle and raised my son well.  

I'm so sorry this happened to you years ago, but it sounds like it's made you a much stronger person.  So many dysfunctional families out there.  After words were exchanged on FB between cousins, two of my sisters will not even acknowledge me.  I wasn't involved in this exchange, but our kids were.  I would send birthday cards, Christmas cards, etc.  No response.   It's been well over 6 years now.  Unfortunately, it is what it is.  

It's great that you found loving "surrogate parents", along with their children.  It sounds like you are not only strong, but that you have a wonderful and loving relationship with your son.  ❤️

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I like your thinking.  For Greg, it must be the start of Christmas season right about now.  And who ever said that you can only listen to Greensleeves at Christmas time?  

In 1986 I wrote a poem that was published.A Canadian Actor/Singer recited the poem with Greensleeves in the background .

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Great.My son in law is self employed and works from home.The nursing home is close to where he lives and he is able to devote much of his free time to the residents of the facility.He organizes trips and lectures among other activities.

Re your screen name ,are you from NYC ?

No, but it's my "home away from home".  Broadway is one of my favorite places on Earth, having seen "CATS", "Grease", "Mamma Mia", and "Aladdin" all on Broadway, "Les Miserables" on the West End, "Six" and "Jersey Boys" both on NCL Bliss, "CATS" on Oasis (coming in October),"Hairspray" on tour, "Phantom Of The Opera" and "Wicked" both at The Boston Opera House, "Miss Saigon" on tour,  along with about 20-30 local productions of various shows, and I even participated in some.  I currently have a friend in a local production of "Sweeney Todd" and she was recently in "Shrek".  Plus, I have another friend who got her start in Broadway's "Spring Awakening".

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Muggy day here with temps to be in low to mid 90s.    We had beautiful weather all week.  

Last night we went to good friends of ours for over 30 yrs moving to FL party.   They bought a home just outside of Clearwater.   We will miss our regular outings with them but so happy they are finally fulfilling their dream.

That is great.Something similiar.In 1999 I reconnected with a friend from HS .We went to dinner with him and his wife and became very good friends.They had been Fla snowbirds about 10 years ago but three years ago sold their NY home and became full time residents of Boynton Beach.

2 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

No, but it's my "home away from home".  Broadway is one of my favorite places on Earth, having seen "CATS", "Grease", "Mamma Mia", and "Aladdin" all on Broadway, "Les Miserables" on the West End, "Six" and "Jersey Boys" both on NCL Bliss, "CATS" on Oasis (coming in October),"Hairspray" on tour, "Phantom Of The Opera" and "Wicked" both at The Boston Opera House, "Miss Saigon" on tour,  along with about 20-30 local productions of various shows, and I even participated in some.  I currently have a friend in a local production of "Sweeney Todd" and she was recently in "Shrek".  Plus, I have another friend who got her start in Broadway's "Spring Awakening".

We went to New York to see plays every year for 30 years before Covid , luckily we have seen some shows here . Hopefully next year we will be back. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, George C said:

Our main a/c stopped working last night , just placed a call to get it repaired, will be 95 later , unit is just a couple years old , luckily our smaller unit for bedrooms is ok . 

Nooooooooooooo! We had to spend $3k to repair ours back in June, but it certainly has been necessary this year with all the 109 days. Sorry you are dealing with that right now, especially since it’s so new. Hope all the work will be covered under the warranty.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Nooooooooooooo! We had to spend $3k to repair ours back in June, but it certainly has been necessary this year with all the 109 days. Sorry you are dealing with that right now, especially since it’s so new. Hope all the work will be covered under the warranty.

We luckily are under warranty it’s only a couple of years old . We also have two a/c and smaller one is still working.

Edited by George C
  • Like 6

28 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Those lines loft suites look nice but those stairs would be no good with my knee and hip arthritis.

Seeing the x-rays on Monday it was clearly explained that the inside of my knees were almost bone on bone.

Ouch, Graham!  Are you considering getting a knee replacement after seeing the x-rays and talking to your doctor about them?

18 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Here is the video. This is the WCC Big Band that I played in about 10 years ago. We recorded a Christmas album. I set up a camera in the drum booth because I am picky about analyzing my playing looking for ways to improve. You will notice I'm looking a lot to the left. The camera does not show the chart I am reading. Yes drummers have sheet music too. The chart shows me all the brass rhythms that I will sometimes accent or do a fill as as a setup. 

Such a beautiful song.  What Christmas is really all about.  Thank you for sharing, Greg!!!!

Our grandson Ryan just finished his Marching Band camp this Thursday, and we watched a video of the band performing.  The first football game is September 2nd, and we're pretty excited for him.  I never followed football before, but it's never too late to learn..lol!  

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

The wife of my best friend from college was an actress,solely in off Broadway productions .She studied with Uta Hagen at the HB Studios in Manhattan.Every year the studios invites graduates to perform in productions as either actors or directors.Nearly all the people in the audience are alumni or faculty.My friends wife invited my wife and I to attend productions and eventually we became benefactors of the theater.

I also had a friend who was a Director of Off Bway and regional theater and a friend who is an actor with the Heights Players in Brooklyn as well as appearing often on Law and Order.

A cousin of mine was a playwright who had a production off Bway and I wrote two plays that were adapted from other media that opened in an off,off,off Bway theater.

The first live play I ever saw was with a young actor in his first performance by the name of James Earl Jones.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm finishing up my Christmas music compilation mix right now. I'll start decorating day after Halloween since I love that holiday too.

I'll never forget the look on Capt. Lee's face after he was told the last two charters had cancelled. The was a real look of horror about the pandemic.

See above.

That is wonderful,Greg.

• Like 1