Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, NHProud said:

It’s been mentioned before , don’t be crunching ice with your teeth. I cracked a tooth above the gum line . My dentist can’t deal with it , endodontist referral couldn’t deal with it and now I’m waiting for a consultation with an oral surgeon. The pain from the infection was really bad . Still on antibiotics. I hope , it can be dealt with before our mid-January cruise . 

Jane get well soon . 

Jim eager to see your finished floor . 

My dentist used to tell me that biting on ice is good for business.  Tooth pain is no laughing matter.  I hope you get relief soon.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Well no snow in the air and Owen’s school district already closed their schools and offices this afternoon for tomorrow. He was happy. School in now done until January 9th. 

How many hockey games during the time off from school?

17 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Well no snow in the air and Owen’s school district already closed their schools and offices this afternoon for tomorrow. He was happy. School in now done until January 9th. 

Wow!  That's a nice holiday vacation!  School begins again on January 2nd here in NJ.

Is your cruise next week, Andrew?

On 12/16/2022 at 7:08 PM, dani negreanu said:

Friend's of mine used this company, upon my recommendation, and were very satisfied --

https://www.gojiffyjeff.com/shuttle-transportation-services/

@dani negreanu Thanks for this. We have decided to go with jiffyjeff it is easier this way because there will be 6 of us. Lyft or Uber would not have worked. We are doing 2 ( 5 day) cruises on the Disney Dream sailing out of Miami Jan 16th

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

My dentist used to tell me that biting on ice is good for business.  Tooth pain is no laughing matter.  I hope you get relief soon.

Yes. 3 crowns later, I finally was able to quit. The solution is a plain sno-cone/shaved ice machine. 😊But it was mostly when I was hyperthyroid. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I love the brick, Jimbo.  It's going to look gorgeous!!!

Thanks, My Wife and I love it.

3 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Congratulations! That's going to be an expensive cat sitter trip, though. ☺️

Yes it sure is..........😞

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

How r u coping these days in general and with the "paper work" in particular?

In general, mostly mentally and emotionally drained.  I'd gone thru the "traditional grieving" stages  (sadness / denial / anger, etc) over the past 19 months but the enormity of everything that has happened finally caught up to me. So I just focus on what I need to do today & tomorrow and don't look past that.

As for the paper work side, well, let's just say that keeps me pretty busy. Between 2 life insurance policies, several different retirement accounts that need to be transferred, employee stock programs, and several options for transferring health care coverage, - as well as a few other things I can't remember -  I spend half my days on the phone or filling out forms or writing e-mails, etc.  When I'm not running in circles, I'm running in place. 🙄. One phone call today resulted in the person on the other end telling me a that packet of information should have been mailed to me end of November but was not so they will send it out now. Should get it in 2 weeks although I'm sure the holidays will delay it longer. Another phone call was to follow-up on some information I submitted via an online portal on Dec 6th and I was told it was never received, even though I got auto-email confirming it was received.  Makes Royal IT seem like perfection.

Usually when I'm on the phone on-hold waiting (like right now as I type this🙂), I come to CC for distraction and humor and to read about the cruises people are taking / planning etc.

2 hours ago, NHProud said:

How are you doing ?  I hope you and your daughter find comfort in being together this Christmas. 

We are. My wife was all about Christmas and knew how to fill a house with warmth, love, smells (she baked thousands of cookies each year) and over-decorating the house.  Obviously, we can't recreate the past but we decided this year we are doing "Christmas Different". What is "Christmas Different" you ask? Not really sure but it's about creating new traditions while holding on to just some of the most precious of the old ones. 

Plus, we are thinking of a little getaway. Might be hitting the slopes of Killington, Vermont.  As soon as I scrape the spider webs off my skis 🙂

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, George C said:

Glad my wife bought a Subaru Outback last year it’s full time all wheel drive, temperature in Dallas just dropped 20 degrees in last couple of hours to low 20’s with single digit wind chill and snow flurries, I know lots of areas are way worse . 

Loved my Subarus over the years and I'd gladly buy another if I was shopping for a car.  I've owned two and loved them both. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Might be hitting the slopes of Killington, Vermont

Now this sounds like a very good plan.  First day on the slopes for me will be tomorrow!  We just got home from AZ today and my son-in-law and Grandson are chomping at the bit to get me up.  

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

What category are the deck 7 cabins?

Found them, for the sailing I'm looking at those deck 7 cabins are $500 more per person then a regular J4 Category which give us the option to use Coastal Kitchen if we like.

The square cabins on deck 7 we either standard OVB or OVB with large balcony.   For our last sailing they were much cheaper than a JS.   No CK access.  

There are some nice JS on Anthem that have 1.5 bathrooms but no walkin closet.  I forget if they are j4 or j3.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Loved my Subarus over the years and I'd gladly buy another if I was shopping for a car.  I've owned two and loved them both. 

I kind of like the Outback. But there are so many electronics and buttons, screens and things. It has Road Assist, Collision Prevention and all sorts of strange safety things. I kind of preferred my Camry. Just sit down, start car and drive.

And after replacing the Subaru battery (twice) (Re: electronics) Bill finally put an Interstate battery in it. It will work for where we need it in the snow and ice.  I'm sure it will be fine. He has a Honda Ridgeline pickup with 4 wheel, maybe? 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

@HBE4Sounds like you are doing a good job of dealing with all you have been through.  Making some new traditions is a good idea while keeping some of the old.  

Thank you. Sorry for the long winded rant. I guess I was in a "mood". 🙂 Gonna pour myself a little eggnog with Kraken. Kraken makes everything better.

• Like 13

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I just prefer 6 front or 6 bump out near rear elevators. Won't mind 7 or 8 up there either, but feel 6 is so convenient to get to everything 5,4 and 3.

I definitely agree.  Deck 6 is usually our favorite too.  I personally prefer the cabins near the aft elevator, bump out.  I like using the stairs to get to deck 5 for cafe 270, 270 theater, vintages bar and the esplanade/promenade.   

We did enjoy deck 7 too but our go to is deck 6.

Like I said Jim if you can get one of the square cabins on deck 7 for a price much less than  JS and don't have to have CK I would go for it.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

All this time I thought you were in NH. Where are you?🤔

I don’t live far from the port of San Diego .   I like your pics of the coastline near your home . What a great place to live . 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I hope you feel better soon and find a solution.

But on the lighter side, the door knob will be cheaper than the latest guy who will be putting your dollars towards a down payment for a new yacht. 😁

I’m going to ask for a 3-D printed tooth and some glue 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 4