Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Heartfelt congratulations 🌷

@h20skibum

Happy Belated Birthday to Jim and Mark, who, turns out, share a b'day (March 6th).

For us, March is also a very good month. My beloved late dad was born March 1st (sharing it with our assassinated PM, Yitzhak Rabin), DS1 -- March 14th (sharing it with Prince Albert of Monaco 😉), with me following 3 days after.

Three very good friends of mine were born 15, 30 and 31. 

Happy birthday in advance Dani.

It is Pauline's birthday on Monday 13th March.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

And for those born in March they were most likely created in June😁

I always joke with my bother.  I am exactly 1 year and 9 months older than he.  I tell him that on my 1st birthday mom and dad looked at me and said.... He is soooo beautiful 😍 We have to have another baby!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Today is the 20th anniversary of Charlie’s heart transplant.  So hard to believe.

On a sad note, for me anyway, my Goldfish, Fishy Wishy, almost eight died today. He was the only one who listened to me and would get so excited when he saw me.  Of course, he was waiting to get fed!  However I am still sad😢

Fantastic news Marietta for Charlies 20th anniversary of his heart transplant.

Prayers sent to both of you for many more anniversary's.

Graham.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

An interesting offer $88.99 for TWO, and not PER DAY....

I just booked it. I went into Cruise Planner. Had to click on the menu to find Packages. Considering what internet costs by itself for 2 devices, it’s a good deal. I’m sure the Veuve Clicquot is a tiny bottle, but the lunch will be fun. 
Editing to say Mariner Sept 29 and it’s $177.98 for two people. 

Edited by jagsfan

9 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

it’s $177.98 for two people

Someone called RC and was told the package is 88.99$ for 2 people. So, to be on the safe side, the advise on the thread was to book it separately for you, and for Dick...

If it turns out to be correct, i.e. for 2 people, you'll just cancel one... and not miss on this great deal.

• Like 3

Just now, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Has anyone done the all access tour?  It sounds like something we would like & it’s available on Liberty.  on sale for $118 per person currently. worth it?

DH has done it on Allure when it was 99$.

Figured if it's so expensive, might as well do it on the biggest class .... Being a technical guy, he enjoyed it very much, even though he expected to see more of the mechanical aspects of sailing...

Once and done.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

DH has done it on Allure when it was 99$.

Figured if it's so expensive, might as well do it on the biggest class .... Being a technical guy, he enjoyed it very much, even though he expected to see more of the mechanical aspects of sailing...

Once and done.

I would have jumped on that too for an inside look at Allure.  Sounds like something we would like and haven’t seen it offered much recently with covid etc.  We did get a bridge tour on Navigator & that was a good experience (and free!) It was a random invite from our concierge.

DW commented … well we have seen every episode of the Mega Ships series on Hulu so it’s probably the same as that.  🤔😂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Today is the 20th anniversary of Charlie’s heart transplant.  So hard to believe.

On a sad note, for me anyway, my Goldfish, Fishy Wishy, almost eight died today. He was the only one who listened to me and would get so excited when he saw me.  Of course, he was waiting to get fed!  However I am still sad😢

Congratulations on Charlie’s 20year anniversary. 

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric had his 7 yr transplant anniversary the end of February.    He thought it was 8 yr. but I keep reminding him it was 2016.   

And congratulations to Eric’s 7th year.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Happy birthday in advance Dani.

It is Pauline's birthday on Monday 13th March.

Wishing Pauline a happy birthday on Monday.  That was also my aunt’s birthdate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

@DaniDanielle and @Sunshine3601 Congretulations to both of you and your husbands for the transplant anniversaries. Hoping that both gentlemen enjoy good health for many more anniversaries.

We have a two good friends with recent transplants. One received a liver in January of 2022,the other a longboard transplant this past October. Both women are doing well,so far.

Your postings are very encouraging.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Someone called RC and was told the package is 88.99$ for 2 people. So, to be on the safe side, the advise on the thread was to book it separately for you, and for Dick...

If it turns out to be correct, i.e. for 2 people, you'll just cancel one... and not miss on this great deal.

I clicked on both of us.
 I thought it was obvious if there are two people on the booking and each name is shown, that you wouldn’t be able to click on one and take the other passenger with you with no extra charge. 
I think I got a bargain anyway. I appreciate sharing the info; I jumped on it. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric had his 7 yr transplant anniversary the end of February.    He thought it was 8 yr. but I keep reminding him it was 2016.   

Congratulations on the 7 years for Eric.I have three friends who had heart transplants in the early days of the procedure .All are doing very well.

• Like 2

@h20skibum Thank you for posting about your daughter’s recent health situation. Disheartening news, but also hopeful in that treatment will be available to her.

You and your wife have been a loving constant for her,not only during these past months, but for her whole life.  I am certain of this , because of the love and support you have given her during this recent journey. 

As parents, you will continue to support her and her family for the days ahead.Those who care for loved ones must take care of themselves to be able to be there to help. 

Please take time to address your health needs during this time.

It is easy to say, but take some time to try to relax and recharge. Try to reach out to others to help share the load of your daughter’s treatments. In letting others help you,you are helping your daughter,her husband and your grandchildren.

I have been in a similar situation. So, I realize how much energy and emotion is involved in caring for someone so dearly loved.

🙏

MJ

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

@DaniDanielle and @Sunshine3601 Congretulations to both of you and your husbands for the transplant anniversaries. Hoping that both gentlemen enjoy good health for many more anniversaries.

We have a two good friends with recent transplants. One received a liver in January of 2022,the other a lung 

23 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

transplant this past October. Both women are doing well,so far.

MJ🙋🏻

The post should read-a lung transplant.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

We have a two good friends with recent transplants. One received a liver in January of 2022,the other a longboard transplant this past October. Both women are doing well,so far.

MJ🙋🏻

Thank you!     Happy to hear both of your friends are doing well.   As Marietta said, having a positive attitude is very important.    The first year or so comes with a lot of doctor appointments, testing, medication changes, etc.   It truly is the gift of life😃   

Whenever we celebrate Eric's transplant we also remember the young man that lost his life (and his parents who had to made the decision to donate his organs).   He continues to live on as he saved a couple of lives that day.   We heard several of his organs were successfully transplanted in others in need.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1