Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

It is a bit "dark" ...It's by the Coen Brothers. 

Dark and twisted sums up Coen brothers.

A few years ago their prop buyers came into the antique shop where we rent space. They were there for hours.  They were buying dental related items. No one working had the nerves to ask why or what for - sometimes not knowing is better.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

My very first T shirt I bought in Orlando in 1992 had the logo

God Bless USA.

Graham.

Welcome back Graham and it was so nice to see Pauline on here.

4 hours ago, island lady said:

My sister has Iquanas running along her seawall at her 2nd home in the Florida Keys.  They eat all the flowers.  

Ugh! I hate the iguanas. We also have them. They are an invasive non-native species. They definitely like my mangos and our pool deck. We had to have a footer put in along the sea wall because they dig underneath it and undermine the structure. 🤬

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Unfortunately he could not. He asked for the names of my other doctors because he wished to confer with them.He did not know my Primary doctor but told me that he is very good friends with the other two and called one while I was still in his office.

He suggested sending me for blood work that would test for every possible disease that could cause the type of headaches that I am experiencing.This will be done in two weeks .He also scheduled me for several Sonograms in his facility for the latter part of March.

Between him,my Primary care doctor,my Neurologist and my Cardiologist hopefully they will find out the cause.

Thank you once again for your concern.

Lenny, so sorry they haven’t found out the source of your migraines yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

we just got back from our second shot.  Very poorly run this time.  Everyone of us on the very long line had practically the same appointment time. Then they tell us they were short on people giving the vaccine!!  We were not happy, but we did make some friends while waiting.  We finally got done, walk out and see that there was now hardly any line

That's what happened to us on the 1st shot. The weather was nice, so, even though we had appointments on a fixed time, they gave us numbers just to enter the facility, and then we swept our health cards. We waited outside, on chairs evenly spaced, and waited, and waited for our numbers to be called out to enter. About 45 minutes...

Inside, it was quick. When we went back outside, the chairs were empty, nobody was waiting... we figured it was just their lunch break 😢

On the 2nd shot, we were told just to enter and swipe our cards. This time, our appointments were 15 minutes apart, we thought we'll enter together. Nooo, the computer allowed us exactly the time, so DH entered first and I had to wait for "my" time. Can't complain, this time it worked like a "clock" 😉

The most important thing is that you're done... for the time being....

Pfizer are pondering a 3rd dose, to "boost" the first two, after half a year.....

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Your comment of leaving the guns at the door remind me of “The Ballad of Buster Scruggs” from Netflix.  If you have a bit of a twisted sense it isn't a bad way to send the night.  

The scenery alone combined with the cinematography was worth it.  It is a bit "dark" but really makes one think.

Thanks. I like most of the stuff that Coen Brothers do and someone else had recommended this to me a while back so I'll definitely check it out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Your comment of leaving the guns at the door remind me of “The Ballad of Buster Scruggs” from Netflix. 

... and here the "language barrier" between you [as in plural] and me comes into play.... I didn't understand a word he said... and... did he really kill the other guy? Oy vey 😢

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

There is nothing wrong have hashing out differences on other threads IMO.  This just seems like a happy place.

Your comment of leaving the guns at the door remind me of “The Ballad of Buster Scruggs” from Netflix.  If you have a bit of a twisted sense it isn't a bad way to send the night.  

The scenery alone combined with the cinematography was worth it.  It is a bit "dark" but really makes one think.

It is an anthology film, a collection of six short segments combined to make a feature-length film.  It's by the Coen Brothers.  Here's a flavour of the six different anthologies. 

Says one based on true grit, that's a oldie but goodie.

Had a bf who loves loves loves westerns. Return of the 7, his favorite I think. Saw all of the biggies lol. Over and over. I went to see him a few years ago, and still watching old westerns. I saw true grit when it first came out though of course. A tear jerker.

That's more a parody lol. Funny. Good one.

56 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Ugh! I hate the iguanas. We also have them. They are an invasive non-native species. They definitely like my mangos and our pool deck. We had to have a footer put in along the sea wall because they dig underneath it and undermine the structure. 🤬

Thank you Renee.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

... and here the "language barrier" between you [as in plural] and me comes into play.... I didn't understand a word he said... and... did he really kill the other guy? Oy vey 😢

Maybe the accent? Dont mean it wrong, I could understand so it's the accent? Idk

I think it's to make you laugh, like is this your first time being hung. Or what's my sentence as they are about to hang him, or the boards flipping up but yes I'm afraid in the movie the guy who pulled the gun is supposed to be dead. Parody of old westerns. 

Edited by firefly333

18 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

He didn’t leave his guns at the door.😉 

The interesting thing is the card hand he did not play wasn’t a bad one, he just didn’t want to play it.  

• Thanks 2

Thanks Dani, so happy we are done.  Just found out my son and daughter-in-law finally got appointments for Sunday.  She is a teacher and he is a city worker.  Now we just need my youngest daughter to find an appointment.  She is only 36 but has some health issues.  That will make all of us vaccinated 🙏

Marietta

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

You were missed. Dont see you on Bellas thread yet. Is Pauline coming back?

Thanks firefly.

I will catch up on Bella's thread in the morning because it is 23.36pm in the UK now and bedtime.

Pauline leaves everything cruise related to me but said she will pop in again.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Bucky mentioned a few days ago that we really needed to get the "land yacht" (AKA motor home) out for a drive, just to get it run due to sitting for the last 3 months.  I told him I would try to find a camping site available to do an overnight ....to make it more fun, plus check on the other things to make sure everything is working well.  We already found out our A/C and heat controller was acting like it was haunted (would turn on and off, even though system was off).  I found a replacement ($$$ 😮 )...online that Bucky is going to install.  

One favorite park is just 28 miles from our home, Jetty Park Campground.  This is the camp and day use area that ships pass by just before they hit the open ocean at Port Canaveral, and in fact is owned and run by the Canaveral port authority.  Was lucky to score a site at all. 

This was walking out on the Jetty pier to watch the sunrise this morning.......

20210225_064101.jpg

Bucky is not a "morning" person, is he? :classic_biggrin: I can sympathize. Sunsets look just as nice as sunrises to me. :classic_smile: Really pretty photos from a location we are all missing. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

He didn’t leave his guns at the door.😉 

The interesting thing is the card hand he did not play wasn’t a bad one, he just didn’t want to play it.  

Clancy Brown didn't last very long.....:classic_biggrin: It looks funny. 

And that is interesting about the iguanas Renee, and digging under the seawall, and eating fruit and flowers. They sound just like cold blooded ground squirrels, which are a major nuisance pest here. 

My department used to have ground squirrel control contracts with Cal Trans (highway agency) to eradicate them next to the freeway, because they would run into traffic, and people would hit their brakes and cause accidents. And with Public Works because they would burrow in to the levees and flood control channels. And with ranchers and Park Districts, because cattle and people would step in their burrows and break their ankles. 

So on second thought, I could probably be convinced to do iguana control. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline joined CC briefly to give an update on our Sarah's covid19 and was overwhelmed with how nice and friendly everyone was to her.

Because of your kindness, Graham. 

PS My mother's maiden name.... Graham. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

. I didn't understand a word he said... and... did he really kill the other guy? Oy vey 😢

Dani, my whole Roman Catholic family says Oy vey all the time.....   one of the beautiful things about growing up in New York City.  Many expressions work their way into your vocabulary. 🙂

• Like 4

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I am the same.

I spent three and a half hours this afternoon posting my thanks to all my friends on here and the P&O UK threads who posted their best wishes.

Pauline joined CC briefly to give an update on our Sarah's covid19 and was overwhelmed with how nice and friendly everyone was to her.

I am sorry that I did not see the post about her having Covid.I pray that she recovers very soon.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thank you .As I posted to somebody else I am not giving up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

You are right to have a positive outlook.

I think posting on here among friends helps a lot too.

I know Pauline and Sarah were a lot more worried about me when I had a mild heart attack in December 2019 and covid19 in November 2020.

Take care Lenny.

I am blessed to have wonderful family members,wonderful friends as well as my CC friends.

Thanks,Graham

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Good luck Lenny.

we just got back from our second shot.  Very poorly run this time.  Everyone of us on the very long line had practically the same appointment time. Then they tell us they were short on people giving the vaccine!!  We were not happy, but we did make some friends while waiting.  We finally got done, walk out and see that there was now hardly any line😳Don’t know if there was just a break in appointments or people gave up. Forced myself to have a martini when we got home🤪 

I have not been able to drink alcohol since 2003.When I came back from getting the second shot I was very happy.

• Like 1