Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have friends who moved from Brooklyn to Houston,TX and lived there 52 years.They never said y’all.I wonder if there is a difference between Houston and Dallas.When I was out there I never heard anyone use that word .

I have lived in both Houston and Dallas, and everyone I know says y’all.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I'm happy with the blind side.  I agree..immunity holder looked pissed.  Too bad!!😁

Loved that ending. 
Last week they told us our kitchen would be done tomorrow, guess what , hopefully it will be done by next week. Will definitely need to wash my car which has been sitting in the street for last month , new appliances and other stuff is in our garage. Time for a large Johnny Walker Gold, have a wine tasting at our favorite restaurant tomorrow. 

• Like 15

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Does the control key also work as the command key?  Whenever I watch any photo editing Youtubers, they're always saying, "Control on Windows, Command on a Mac..." since their audience uses both platforms.  For Adobe products at least, the shortcuts are the same on both platforms, just using either command or control.  Don't know if that's true more generally.

I finally figured it out.  macOS automatically maps the Alt to Option and Win to Command. I found where I could remap the keys.  I basically switched so Alt is Command and Win is Options.  This makes the Windows keys in the same location as the Mac keys.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Coralc said:

Good to know Helen! I thought we were the only people left that had 6S phones! 😄 We will be upgrading ours sometime this year. ☺️

Fear not Patti, I have a 7S and need to stay home long enough to upgrade 🙀😹.

• Haha 6

No sunrise pictures from this morning because it was cloudy and rainy.  It was a wild night last night with super strong gusty winds and pounding rain.  But the rain stop today and turned out to be a very nice day.

Sunset tonight

6686D4CA-85A1-4FF2-9FD1-8951B7A72E71.thumb.jpeg.2fdfa37c653e7d7adcb31ee91e9951eb.jpeg

00432252-EE62-40C0-AECA-8450BDA21C01.thumb.jpeg.d1c02e9db1d2a4d27493e4df5fa73b8e.jpeg

Some goodies we came back with from Costco today. Custard Pie. Guava filled danish. Almond filled danish. Too much powder sugar. Will have to shake some of it off before eating.

AFC917C3-60A2-416F-8711-DEF417EC284A.thumb.jpeg.e15c52824caa1121e7a13407b5958bde.jpeg

Dinner was at this really popular place- Side Street Inn. Great food. Humongous portions. So much leftover.

Small Farmer’s Salad

952CDA73-F62C-433B-8DA1-DF881DE9A72C.thumb.jpeg.fb5ccaa1e0910415f84e2535b0b8407b.jpeg

Signature Garlic Chicken

691E66C6-9D27-462D-85CF-5DB25B4CD684.thumb.jpeg.fbe51435003d81e583639cd9f0cedf17.jpeg

Signature Fried Rice

32EFCF31-737D-4E57-9580-6767AE652D86.thumb.jpeg.ec5392c4d5ea03a415fe607f32fe5eb1.jpeg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.

It is sunny and 48°F here in North East England.

This morning I saw the muscular skeletal physio who confirmed I need hip replacements but I asked for an exercise program to delay the operation's although there is up to a 1 year waiting list.

I hope everyone is well.

• Like 23

7 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I have lived in both Houston and Dallas, and everyone I know says y’all.

A question for our English friends here.  Micheline likes to watch an English Youtuber who cleans patios and roofs with a pressure washer.  He greats people by saying, "you all right?".  He says it quickly so it sounds like, "y'all right?".  😁  I've heard other British people use this greeting.  I've also heard many Brits make a statement and follow that statement with, "isn't it?"  Are these common expressions across the whole country or are they more a regional expression, like saying y'all is a southern thing in the US.

• Like 1

@singinalot   Hope all is good with you.  We are trying to out together a group cruise for 2024/2025 to Greece/Turkey   Hoping for some insight into best itin, best time of year to go and anything else you could share given your travel experience    Many thanks!

if anyone else has done a greek island cruise, your feedback is most welcome.  Thanks!

Edited by maggieq
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is sunny and 48°F here in North East England.

This morning I saw the muscular skeletal physio who confirmed I need hip replacements but I asked for an exercise program to delay the operation's although there is up to a 1 year waiting list.

I hope everyone is well.

Graham, I'm sorry that you must wait a year for your hip operation.  Did the Dr give you an exercise program to follow, as you requested?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

Graham, I'm sorry that you must wait a year for your hip operation.  Did the Dr give you an exercise program to follow, as you requested?

Thank you Maryann.

I have several exercises to do 3 times each 3 times a week.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, maggieq said:

@singinalot   Hope all is good with you.  We are trying to out together a group cruise for 2024/2025 to Greece/Turkey   Hoping for some insight into best itin, best time of year to go and anything else you could share given your travel experience    Many thanks!

if anyone else has done a greek island cruise, your feedback is most welcome.  Thanks!

Sailing from Rome you could stay 2 or 3 nights in beautiful Rome.

Then any of these.

Kusadasi Turkey.

Santorini Greece.

Athens Greece.

Corfu Greece.

Mykonos Greece.

Kefalonia Greece.

Rhodes Greece.

Crete Greece.

Best time is end of September to end of October.

It is warm 75°F but the humidity is lower than July/August and quieter.

We have been to all of the ports and they are lovely.

Graham.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

A question for our English friends here.  Micheline likes to watch an English Youtuber who cleans patios and roofs with a pressure washer.  He greats people by saying, "you all right?".  He says it quickly so it sounds like, "y'all right?".  😁  I've heard other British people use this greeting.  I've also heard many Brits make a statement and follow that statement with, "isn't it?"  Are these common expressions across the whole country or are they more a regional expression, like saying y'all is a southern thing in the US.

Up hear in North East England it is 

Alright mate (Hello).

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sailing from Rome you could stay 2 or 3 nights in beautiful Rome.

Then any of these.

Kusadasi Turkey.

Santorini Greece.

Athens Greece.

Corfu Greece.

Mykonos Greece.

Kefalonia Greece.

Rhodes Greece.

Crete Greece.

Best time is end of September to end of October.

It is warm 75°F but the humidity is lower than July/August and quieter.

We have been to all of the ports and they are lovely.

Graham.

Thank you!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, h20skibum said:

A little known trick for photos is to use voice control for the shutter.  Just turn on voice control in the accessibility tab. Then, when you are in the camera app, just say volume up, and it will activate the shutter.

I use this method when I have the phone set up on a tripod for a group shot.  Makes it easy to take several shots without using a delayed timer.

If you have an Apple Watch, it can also control the shutter. 

Thanks for the tip. With my iPhone it works by saying “tap take picture.”

6 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

No sunrise pictures from this morning because it was cloudy and rainy.  It was a wild night last night with super strong gusty winds and pounding rain.  But the rain stop today and turned out to be a very nice day.

Sunset tonight

6686D4CA-85A1-4FF2-9FD1-8951B7A72E71.thumb.jpeg.2fdfa37c653e7d7adcb31ee91e9951eb.jpeg

00432252-EE62-40C0-AECA-8450BDA21C01.thumb.jpeg.d1c02e9db1d2a4d27493e4df5fa73b8e.jpeg

Some goodies we came back with from Costco today. Custard Pie. Guava filled danish. Almond filled danish. Too much powder sugar. Will have to shake some of it off before eating.

AFC917C3-60A2-416F-8711-DEF417EC284A.thumb.jpeg.e15c52824caa1121e7a13407b5958bde.jpeg

Dinner was at this really popular place- Side Street Inn. Great food. Humongous portions. So much leftover.

Small Farmer’s Salad

952CDA73-F62C-433B-8DA1-DF881DE9A72C.thumb.jpeg.fb5ccaa1e0910415f84e2535b0b8407b.jpeg

Signature Garlic Chicken

691E66C6-9D27-462D-85CF-5DB25B4CD684.thumb.jpeg.fbe51435003d81e583639cd9f0cedf17.jpeg

Signature Fried Rice

32EFCF31-737D-4E57-9580-6767AE652D86.thumb.jpeg.ec5392c4d5ea03a415fe607f32fe5eb1.jpeg

Beautiful sunset! Looks like you are off to a great start. That food looks amazing. Garlic Chicken and Fried Rice, I could eat that all day.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've also heard many Brits make a statement and follow that statement with, "isn't it?" 

To me it always sounds like one word: innit!

27 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Up hear in North East England it is 

Alright mate (Hello).

Is the L pronounced, or is it more like "ahright"?

• Like 1

@Ozark_Kid  John-I am delayed in responding to your news as this thread moves quickly and I haven’t read it for a few days.

My heart went out to you and your family when I read about the diagnosis.

It was not something anyone of us wanted to hear.

I try to be a positive person and I understand that you are too. 
It seems to me that you have a lot in your favour.

You are a man of faith, you have a loving wife and family and adorable grandchildren, there are treatments available and you plan to undertake them.

You will be surrounded by love, caring , prayers and good thoughts on your health journey.

I am wishing you peace and ,of course,the best outcome for you.

Take care

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1