Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is sunny and 48°F here in North East England.

This morning I saw the muscular skeletal physio who confirmed I need hip replacements but I asked for an exercise program to delay the operation's although there is up to a 1 year waiting list.

I hope everyone is well.

Graham , I’m sorry to “ hear “ your latest news of your office visit .  My husband wasn’t hesitant about getting his knees replaced and I’m glad he did it sooner than later .  Both of us are not getting any younger .  He is doing very well thanks to his brilliant surgeon .  The staff of 7 who attended him sent him a nice greeting card wishing him a speedy recovery.  Nice gesture from a large hospital. 

Wishing you well ! 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Ozark_Kid I found this in the reply section and I am not sure if it was ever sent, so I hit submit again.

Still wishing you hope,peace and good days.

@George C Kitchen Reno’s are not for the faint of heart!

We have done two plus a family room, laundry and bathroom addition with screened porch and deck.

It takes time, patience and $$$$!

Hang in there!

@grapau27 Graham-very good idea to have appropriate exercises to do for your hip situation.

It may help in your future recovery to strengthen the muscles. supporting your hips etc.

A golfing friend of mine had both hips done at the same time which was very successful for her.

She followed all the Dr’s directives and that helped her tremendously.

Wishing you a good outcome.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, maggieq said:

We are trying to out together a group cruise for 2024/2025 to Greece/Turkey  

If I may -- Santorini is amazing, and I strongly recommend a ship excursion which will take you up to Oia, and then to Fira, with a voucher for the cable car.

Corfu - we rented a small car right at the pier, and drove all over the island, beautiful.

Mykonos - one and done.

Kusadasi -- we went a bit just outside the terminal and negotiated & rented a taxi just to take us to Ephesus and back, no shopping stops.

Rhodes -- the old city is a short walk from the pier, we enjoyed the atmosphere, sitting at a busy cafe.

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Judy, so glad to "hear" that Steve is doing great 😘

Thank you , Dani . I’m also happy to learn that your hubby is showing improvement.   After only 6 days after surgery Steve was in the kitchen cooking spareribs, potatoes and corn and it was only after loud protests from me did he sit down. I told on him and he was scolded by the physical therapist. PT is coming today for the 5th house visit and then 1 more home visit then outpatient. 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I have lived in both Houston and Dallas, and everyone I know says y’all.

Wow.My friends grew up in NYC ,went to college in Texas ,married native Texans and spent the rest of their lives there.They lived in Seabrook till 2009 and moved to North Arlington .I only visited them when they lived near Houston .I met many of their friends and neighbors and cannot recall any saying y’all.Very strange.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Wow.My friends grew up in NYC ,went to college in Texas ,married native Texans and spent the rest of their lives there.They lived in Seabrook till 2009 and moved to North Arlington .I only visited them when they lived near Houston .I met many of their friends and neighbors and cannot recall any saying y’all.Very strange.

Our Dallas friends originally from Chicago and somewhere in FL say y'all. 

None of my friends originally from different parts of NY say y'all.

I have yet to hear anyone say fixin'. 🤨

On another note, I found out our non-refundable economy plane tickets to NJ do not allow us any carry on luggage, just "a personal item" no larger than 17x10x9.  Should be enough for my kindle, laptop, medication, phone, wallet, eyeglass case, etc., etc.  Our daughter booked the tickets, and we had no idea how restrictive they were.  Tickets were $214 p/p round trip so we really can't complain.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, NHProud said:

Graham , I’m sorry to “ hear “ your latest news of your office visit .  My husband wasn’t hesitant about getting his knees replaced and I’m glad he did it sooner than later .  Both of us are not getting any younger .  He is doing very well thanks to his brilliant surgeon .  The staff of 7 who attended him sent him a nice greeting card wishing him a speedy recovery.  Nice gesture from a large hospital. 

Wishing you well ! 

Thank you Judy.

I'm really pleased your husband is doing really well.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

On another note, I found out our non-refundable economy plane tickets to NJ do not allow us any carry on luggage, just "a personal item" no larger than 17x10x9.  Should be enough for my kindle, laptop, medication, phone, wallet, eyeglass case, etc., etc.  Our daughter booked the tickets, and we had no idea how restrictive they were.  Tickets were $214 p/p round trip so we really can't complain.

What airline is this? You may be able to purchase  to take on a  carry on?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

Today’s weather. My plants are on the way from the supplier- I think they will have to stay in the garage!

D379F4E0-A490-4011-B00B-1307C2FAAC9A.jpeg

Ouch!!!😲  I feel for you.

Thank you for showing us your Regina 😁

dp

Edited by dpostman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

This morning I saw the muscular skeletal physio who confirmed I need hip replacements but I asked for an exercise program to delay the operation's although there is up to a 1 year waiting list.

I hope everyone is well.

I'm sorry to hear about the need for surgery as well as the long wait. I hope your pain isn't too bad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

I hope everyone is well.

I can't believe it takes a year to get a replacement done.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, StanleyandGus said:

Today’s weather. My plants are on the way from the supplier- I think they will have to stay in the garage!

D379F4E0-A490-4011-B00B-1307C2FAAC9A.jpeg

My garden is on hold here in Virginia, I'm still afraid of a frost.

I have not even bought the plants yet.

20230420_151232.jpg

20230420_151250.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Our Dallas friends originally from Chicago and somewhere in FL say y'all. 

None of my friends originally from different parts of NY say y'all.

I have yet to hear anyone say fixin'. 🤨

I never lost my Brooklyn accent.Whenever people meet me for the first time they know I am from NY.If they ever lived in NYC they can tell that I lived in Brooklyn.The classic story about a Brooklyn accent is my friend Ira who lived in a small town in Georgia for 50 years.He taught English in a HS with his Brooklyn accent.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

I hope everyone is well.

Sorry that you need to have the surgery.Hopefully the exercise will help.

I just finished my Parkinson’s Support Group meeting .The topic today was exercise and how beneficial it is for every medical ailment.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

What airline is this? You may be able to purchase  to take on a  carry on?

United.  We're good with only the personal item.  Jack has a backpack and since my last post he found one for me as well.  Both within personal item guidelines.  Works well for both of us.  Actually, I prefer that than having to "shlep" a small wheelie in addition to a handbag. 

• Like 4