Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Time change last night heading south,for some strange reason last night we set back clock 30 minutes which is weird and then tomorrow night we again set the clocks back another 30 minutes and then day q4 we set clocks back again,but this time it's 1 hour back.

Before arriving back to Bayonne.

Anyone every move back clocks like that on a cruise,1/2 hour changes?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

My grandson Daniel’s 11th birthday was Friday, so we were at our daughter’s house for his party yesterday. 

IMG_9007.thumb.jpeg.af54e4155b32406403a4da0e5e8e73c0.jpeg

Football theme party, they had a cake decorated as a Patrick Mahomes trading card. 

IMG_8998.thumb.jpeg.05c5843f02ea6ac5d797e7b26cb4a715.jpeg

All of the boys at the party got several packs of trading cards to open for one of the games.  Those with the best cards would win prizes. 

IMG_8997.thumb.jpeg.ab0bcdec90c2c76eaa67fe97cd5df7db.jpeg

Happy Birthday weekend to Daniel.  Looks like a fun party.  Great idea with the trading cards.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2023 at 11:16 PM, Coralc said:

I don't think they do. We had one too. (A medical evacuation) My thought was over to the Dominican Republic, which is right next-door to Haiti. 

We had it happen once in Labadee as well.  The guest was being to DR by chopper and then was being flight transferred to Miami.  

20 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Has anyone ever told Owen that he resembles the Mets baseball player Bret Baty ?

You are the first Lenny. I looked at Bret and can see it.

19 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just googled Bret Baty and I do see the resemblance. 

Me too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

My grandson Daniel’s 11th birthday was Friday, so we were at our daughter’s house for his party yesterday. 

Football theme party, they had a cake decorated as a Patrick Mahomes trading card. 

All of the boys at the party got several packs of trading cards to open for one of the games.  Those with the best cards would win prizes. 

Happy Wonderful, Awesome birthday to Daniel!

• Like 1

Quick Owen sports update. Their football team lost on Friday, to what is probably the hardest team they will play all season.  Their hockey team lost as well, but played much better than the night before.  Owen laid out a few players with clean hits, and their team took a lot of penalties.  They had at least 10, with one double minor and another player getting a 10 minute misconduct.  We played the same team the night before and they had 2 double minors and a ten minute misconduct as well. 

Owen did make the AE Team Friday night. How does the team celebrate, they had a practice last night. At least it was at 7, and only for 50 minutes.

What about Lucy you ask, she sleeps obviously.  She must have been up all night. This was her minutes ago.

IMG_9627.thumb.jpeg.2037d9a77f725f73814d531999cff5d9.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 24

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Looks like a fun time. I like Daniel’s taste in quarterbacks. Happy belated birthday.

14 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Quick Owen sports update. Their football team lost on Friday, to what is probably the hardest team they will play all season.  Their hockey team lost as well, but played much better than the night before.  Owen laid out a few players with clean hits, and their team took a lot of penalties.  They had at least 10, with one double minor and another player getting a 10 minute misconduct.  We played the same team the night before and they had 2 double minors and a ten minute misconduct as well. 

Owen did make the AE Team Friday night. How does the team celebrate, they had a practice last night. At least it was at 7, and only for 50 minutes.

What about Lucy you ask, she sleeps obviously.  She must have been up all night. This was her minutes ago.

IMG_9627.thumb.jpeg.2037d9a77f725f73814d531999cff5d9.jpeg

Thanks for the update. I’m sure Owen’s teams will get better. As they say in order to be the best you have to play the best.

9 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

My TMJ is still a thing with my DR appointment being Tuesday afternoon. At this point it is no better and I’ve lost 5lbs from eating less.  Heck of a diet plan. 

Sorry you have to be on that kind of diet. I hope it gets better for you soon.

• Like 3

We disembarked Serenade this morning.   Wasn't easy since we had line up for immigration and stood for quite awhile before our line even moved.

Then kinda chaotic at the terminal trying to get an Uber as NCL docked here too.   

While waiting for Uber we were approached by a guy in a big black suv for $25 ride to airport.  Said yes, put our bags in then got in back seat, he said oh no it's $65 for airport.   Said Nope give our luggage back.  He then said $45 and tried to tell us Uber will never show up.

We reordered Uber and in 5 mins had a nice ride in a Tesla for $20 plus tip.

• Like 18

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We disembarked Serenade this morning.   Wasn't easy since we had line up for immigration and stood for quite awhile before our line even moved.

Then kinda chaotic at the terminal trying to get an Uber as NCL docked here too.   

While waiting for Uber we were approached by a guy in a big black suv for $25 ride to airport.  Said yes, put our bags in then got in back seat, he said oh no it's $65 for airport.   Said Nope give our luggage back.  He then said $45 and tried to tell us Uber will never show up.

That’s so wrong on so many levels. I wish you could report him but he is probably just a freelancer. We have gotten approached by several drivers at airports saying they are independent and have a taxi license. They say they are cheaper than a taxi or Uber but after doing it I found out they were more expensive.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That’s awful Debbie. Thank goodness he didn’t drive you to the airport, THEN say it was $65!  
Safe travels home.  It’s been light but steady rain  the entire drive from RI to where we are currently (about to get on the PA Turnpike).  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Similar has happened to us in NYC twice. Going from Penn Station to the dock. After we put our stuff in the van, he says it will be a little more....how much more? ..... little by $50 more???!!!!!! We said no thanks. We pulled our stuff out ,the van went on to approach others. We waited for the cab. Long line, but fast moving. The cab guy told us that the sleek black van was private transport and they approach people who look like they do not want to wait for a cab in line.

Welcome back home. Hope you had a good and very relaxing cruise. Where are you off to next?

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We had it happen once in Labadee as well.  The guest was being to DR by chopper and then was being flight transferred to Miami.  

You are the first Lenny. I looked at Bret and can see it.

Me too.

Hopefully Owen will have a sports career like Bret if he so wishes.

• Like 3