Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

All in the Family. The Jefferson. Welcome Back Kotter. (Gabe Kaplan - the man with a thousand Uncles)

Tuesday night ABC lineup - Happy Days, Lavern & Shirley, Three Company...and maybe Soap with an then unknown Billy Crystal

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sheal said:

Now that would freak me out big time.  We had one about 3/4 mile away last year in a very busy area backed up with woods.  I was hoping he would go back in the woods and keep going the other way.

Coyotes are a regular sight these days.  My neighbor just bought me a new whistle, I lost my original but back then the sightings were rare.

I need to look up Twin Peaks.  Len, where did you reside?

Where did I reside when ?

18 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lee Majors = Fall Guy with a young Heather Thomas.  

I'd watch the Fall Guy just for Heather Thomas. And to see the jacked-up pickup truck (Ford maybe??) fly thru the air....but mainly Heather.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

All in the Family. The Jefferson. Welcome Back Kotter. (Gabe Kaplan - the man with a thousand Uncles)

Tuesday night ABC lineup - Happy Days, Lavern & Shirley, Three Company...and maybe Soap with an then unknown Billy Crystal

Gabe Kaplan went to HS in Brooklyn with one of my former co-workers.

• Like 1

Just now, HBE4 said:

I'd watch the Fall Guy just for Heather Thomas. And to see the jacked-up pickup truck (Ford maybe??) fly thru the air....but mainly Heather.

No, it was a Chevy, and a big yes to Heather.  As a young teen back then I appreciated her. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mets07 said:

No, Bergen County. 

All of about 18 miles from Manhattan. 🙂

Many of the pics you've posted in the past have looked very familiar to me. Drives me crazy cause I can't quite figure out where they were taken.  I was born and raised over the border on Rockland County but worked for many years & have many friends in northern Bergen.  Beautiful county.....puts the Garden in Garden State.

EDIT: after re-reading this, I hope it doesn't come across as stalker-ish. ☺️

Edited by HBE4

4 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Many of the pics you've posted in the past have looked very familiar to me. Drives me crazy cause I can't quite figure out where they were taken.  I was born and raised over the border on Rockland County but worked for many years & have many friends in northern Bergen.  Beautiful county.....puts the Garden in Garden State.

Some of the pics I have posted are actually from Rockland County NY because we don't live far from there either (as you noted) and often eat at restaurants in Piermont NY.   

These particular ones were by the Oradell Reservoir in NJ.

The funny thing is when I grew up in Queens all we did was make fun of New Jersey. We called it the "armpit of the East Coast."  Little did I know that I would eventually live there and also how many beautiful areas there are in NJ.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Another show we used to watch on Sunday Evenings as a family was something on the line of

Mutual of Omahas wild kingdom...................not exactly sure on the title.

We enjoyed it.

I was a youngster back then.  What was the show's jingle?  I'm sure someone remembers it.

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lisa had to go to the dentist today. Half a kilometre from home she sent me this pic. 

538B5322-40EE-4697-9918-B50C5CC79F56.thumb.jpeg.0026b428bef14864b92a783d050b9dfb.jpeg

I had to ask her what I was looking for/at. She told me, so I zoomed in and look who I found. 

B81940FC-8029-4FA6-BFCD-A47CBCA332EB.thumb.jpeg.7c4bc986f1d17a5279534e4ce0873368.jpeg

Kinda of like a where's waldo but in cat form.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Some of the pics I have posted are actually from Rockland County NY because we don't live far from there either (as you noted) and often eat at restaurants in Piermont NY.   

The funny thing is when I grew up in Queens all we did was make fun of New Jersey. We called it the "armpit of the East Coast."  Little did I know that I would eventually live there and also how many beautiful areas there are in NJ.  

I grew up in Brooklyn and nearly everyone that I knew moved to NJ.When we go on cruises out of Bayonne we always go with friends who moved from Brooklyn to NJ.Nearly all of my wife’s relatives moved to NJ.We actually almost moved there too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I grew up in Brooklyn and nearly everyone that I knew moved to NJ.When we go on cruises out of Bayonne we always go with friends who moved from Brooklyn to NJ.Nearly all of my wife’s relatives moved to NJ.We actually almost moved there too. 

Movin out

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Another show we used to watch on Sunday Evenings as a family was something on the line of

Mutual of Omahas wild kingdom...................not exactly sure on the title.

We enjoyed it.

That was it!  Followed by the Wonderful World of Disney show.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Brooklyn-ites moved to NJ (or Staten Island which is like NJ 😀)

People from Queens always moved out to Long Island. And never argue with a person from Queens and tell them technically, Queens is already on Long Island.

People from the Bronx move north to Westchester, Rockland and points beyond...or they say, upstate.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mets07 said:

My late brother in law had a cousin who lived near Piermont.We went to restaurants there too.

• Like 1