Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm glad this thread steered toward older TV shows.  Even though it only dates back to 1990, we were big fans of Twin Peaks.  I've looked a couple of times in the past at how to watch it online but it was stuck in some sort of legal battle and wasn't available online.  It's been a while since I looked so I checked again before typing this message and it's now available on Netflix!  One more thing that we can binge watch. 😀

I love the haunting music theme at the start of each episode.  Yeah, it got more than a little weird towards the end...but was still fun to watch!    

• Like 2

Just now, Momof3gurlz said:

What’s that fabulous looking drink @island lady?

It's actually just decoration, someplace to put the cute little light.  My drink is to the right...Sauvignon Blanc of course.  😉  The young man at the sushi counter is quite talented with his sushi plate as artwork.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

Your dad was better than the vet. We lost all 5 babies.

Sorry to hear that. We had lots of pets as kids and I still think fondly of my pigs.  My 20 something year old niece just got into the pigs, she has 4. 

When my son was young years ago I bought him one.  Weirdly that one turned into two somehow.  Holy moly, it was an immaculate conception.  Then the things got crazy and those two turned into 4.  At that rate I would have had about 100 by year's end if I didn't put a end to the situation.  I found homes for the three additions and fortunately no other miracles occurred.

Edited by Sheal
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, island lady said:

It's actually just decoration, someplace to put the cute little light.  My drink is to the right...Sauvignon Blanc of course.  😉  The young man at the sushi counter is quite talented with his sushi plate as artwork.  

Sauvignon Blanc is my wine of choice too.  Do you have a favorite brand?  I’ve found I prefer the New Zealand ones. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

And speaking of binge watching, I have a confession.  We started watching Cobra Kai on Netflix.  It's basically The Karate Kid several decades later with the same actors playing Daniel LaRusso and Johnny Lawrence, and still being rivals.  It's not the greatest acting in the world, but it's entertaining.

Don't be embarrassed, I've heard quite a few people talking about how good it is.

Bird cams had me hooked last year at this time.  I watched Cornell University's red tailed hawks along with a local cam in Providence that featured some Peregrine Falcons on one of the high rise buildings. 

Twice this week we have found piles of feathers from our local hawk getting a takeaway meal at our feeder.  I'm guessing the meal of the day was a mourning dove.  They are like statues sometimes, barely moving around on the ground while pecking for food.  No match for the fast flying hawk.

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Every day, we are getting outside for a hike, and DW and I see quite a few eagles. 

I just came across this live streaming webcam of an eagle’s nest.  Yesterday, there were 3 eggs in the nest.  This morning, the first of them hatched. If anyone wants to check it out, here it is. 

Beautiful, even she can get food delivered - fresh fish!

31 minutes ago, Sheal said:

Sorry to hear that. We had lots of pets as kids and I still think fondly of my pigs.  My 20 something year old niece just got into the pigs, she has 4. 

When my son was young years ago I bought him one.  Weirdly that one turned into two somehow.  Holy moly, it was an immaculate conception.  Then the things got crazy and those two turned into 4.  At that rate I would have had about 100 by year's end if I didn't put a end to the situation.  I found homes for the three additions and fortunately no other miracles occurred.

My Brother was highly allergic to cats and dogs so I had several guinea pigs over the years.    Snoopy, Frosty, Spooky, Cinnamon are some of the names I can remember right now.     I used to put them in my barbie camper and take them for rides around the house.     I'm sure they loved it!

Eric loves when I squeal like a guinea pig.    Its been a talent of mine for many years - LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

And speaking of binge watching, I have a confession.  We started watching Cobra Kai on Netflix.  It's basically The Karate Kid several decades later with the same actors playing Daniel LaRusso and Johnny Lawrence, and still being rivals.  It's not the greatest acting in the world, but it's entertaining.

It's one of my guilty pleasures. Yeah, the acting is pretty bad but overall it's just plain, ole simple fun.

Johnny Lawrence cracks me up. Still stuck in the 1980's...8-track player in the car....learning how to use the internet & cell phones, etc.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Was anyone else into Dallas? J. R. Was the ultimate villain.

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

YES.

Finally, a TV series discussed here that I know of 😉

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Who shot JR is a gift that keeps on giving!

The summer of "Who Shot J.R" was one of the only times I couldn't wait until summer ended.

The man you love to hate. I used to root for him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Omg- we love that show!  Can’t wait until

the next season comes out 🙂

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

YES.

Dallas, Dynasty,Peyton Place,Perry Mason,Columbo,The streets of San Francisco,Murder she wrote,Bonanza,The High Chaparral, Beverly Hillbillies,Cagney and Lacy,Starsky and Hutch are the ones I remember.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Was anyone else into Dallas? J. R. Was the ultimate villain.

Loved Dallas! Everyone visiting us wants to tour Southfork which technically is in a small town, Parker, near Dallas, not far from us.  Only one episode was filmed at that location when, I THINK, Mary Crosby jumped into the pool. House is a very small replica down to the yellow stripe awning. 

My cousin was friend's with Morgan Brittany who played Katherine, Pam and Cliff's half sister on the show.  I used to get hot tips all the time lol 

I stopped watching when they resurrected Bobby from the dead.  I mourned him and hated the story line. lol

• Like 1

@grapau27

I'm more "into" British TV - keeping up appearances (when I tell DH to be careful while driving, he quotes: "mind the bicycle..."), last of the summer vine, are you being served, 2.4 children, to the manor born, as time goes by and hello-hello.

I've seen Dallas and Dynasty when we lived in Brussels....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Every day, we are getting outside for a hike, and DW and I see quite a few eagles. 

I just came across this live streaming webcam of an eagle’s nest.  Yesterday, there were 3 eggs in the nest.  This morning, the first of them hatched. If anyone wants to check it out, here it is. 

Thank you.

Finally something worth reading and seeing in all the postings. I watch the Halifax cam and waiting for the ospreys to come back this spring.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

YES.

The night of my nephew's bar mitzvah celebration in Israel, the room cleared out early in the evening. En masse people collectively got up and left. The family was left sitting alone.  I was stumped.  Were they vacating because of security?  It was the night the episode "Who Shot JR" was broadcast,  It had already played in the US and I never gave it away.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

@grapau27

I'm more "into" British TV - keeping up appearances (when I tell DH to be careful while driving, he quotes: "mind the bicycle..."), last of the summer vine, are you being served, 2.4 children, to the manor born, as time goes by and hello-hello.

I've seen Dallas and Dynasty when we lived in Brussels....

All those I mentioned were on UK TV.

The best British series are.

Only Fools and Horses.

Porridge.

The Bill.

Midsummer Murders.

Coronation Street.

The Good Life.

The Likely Lads.

Steptoe and Son.

• Like 1