Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

21 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Google says he got a new one every season until 78

He didn't like the looks of the 79 and later years. The front end was too "soft"  or not menacing enough or something like that . 

On 3/21/2021 at 10:14 AM, BonTexasNY said:

A month after my mom passed away from a heart attack, her cardiologist office sent her a bill addressed to her, mailed to her apt. that we were in process of cleaning out. This was the cardiologist who pronounced her death. When I called the office they said it was for the good service she received.   It was actually not a large bill at all, probably what Medicare didn't cover.  I asked how the office expected payment from a deceased person.  She was insistent that I pay it.  I gave her the cemetery name, plot # where my mom was buried and told her to dig for it.  I never heard from them again. It might have been wrong on my part but receiving that bill did not help my grief heal.

I paid all of my mom's small amount (<$500 each) medical bills out of her accounts after she died because we were joint tenants on them. With Medicare and a plan, there were a lot, but they weren't huge sums. I also filed a final tax return for her and paid the tax due. The only one I didn't pay, came almost 2 years after she had passed away. It was only for $26, but by that time I refused. I ignored it, then they sent it again, and I called them and the third time I mailed them a copy of the death certificate in their postage paid envelope. :classic_smile:  

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

60s, 99 is hot.  I never watched the Dukes.  Although my nephew has restored a version the General Lee, and has taken it to a lot of car shows.  I think it made a greater impression on him than me.  

I was born in 66 so 'Get Smart' was on afternoon reruns as a young pubescent teen.  I loved it. Dukes of Hazard was on Friday night during prime time when I was 13 and 14.  It was a weekly fight with my sister to see who got to watch what they wanted.  She always wanted to watch this dumb show called 'The Littlest Hobo'. It was Canadian low budget Lassie ripoff.  I despised it.  Nothing was going to stand between me and the Duke boys.  Thankfully the moved the dumb dog show to an earlier time slot and peace was restored.

I'd love to see that restore General Lee or better yet drive it 🙂 

• Like 2

OK

M.A.S.H. 4077

Hogans Hero's

And to end the week on a good note, Donny and Marie.

The Jetsons

Twilight Zone

Bonanza

Lassie

My Favorite Martian

Mr. Ed

Dark Shadows

Damn, thats why I did not do well in Grade School.

But, High School I buckled down.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

we did not have a tv in the 40's, It was the mid 50s, and we had 2 channels.

We got our first TV in 1952 but in 1948 a neighbor had a TV and invited a handful of other neighbors to come and watch Milton Berle in his apartment.In 1963 I was dating the daughter of a writer of the Milton Berle show.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I was born in 66 so 'Get Smart' was on afternoon reruns as a young pubescent teen.  I loved it. Dukes of Hazard was on Friday night during prime time when I was 13 and 14.  It was a weekly fight with my sister to see who got to watch what they wanted.  She always wanted to watch this dumb show called 'The Littlest Hobo'. It was Canadian low budget Lassie ripoff.  I despised it.  Nothing was going to stand between me and the Duke boys.  Thankfully the moved the dumb dog show to an earlier time slot and peace was restored.

I was on a cruise a few years ago.One of the entertainers was one of the stars of Dukes of Hazard.He was drunk on stage.The first time I ever saw something like that.

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Job sounds like a lot of paperwork and "red tape" but also very rewarding to be able to help set up these local programs that are probably needed even more due to the pandemic.

No not that much paperwork.  Other people are doing most of that.  I spend most of my time in the field.

Demand has never been greater.  I want to be put out of business and sent into retirement. Sadly, that won't happen.  I spent Saturday day and Sunday night in the Warehouse district and Fashion Distrion in LA.  It's catastrophic, It was bad last year when I was here in January 2020. This last weekend was indescribable. There's a few good charity missions trying to make a difference though they are swimming against the current.  

One day...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

The Camaro in Rockford Files also sticks in my memory. 

At one point in my life I owned a silver Camaro.  Never could find a gold Firebird. That was close enough

Edited by Tree_skier

33 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I paid all of my mom's small amount (<$500 each) medical bills out of her accounts after she died because we were joint tenants on them. With Medicare and a plan, there were a lot, but they weren't huge sums. I also filed a final tax return for her and paid the tax due. The only one I didn't pay, came almost 2 years after she had passed away. It was only for $26, but by that time I refused. I ignored it, then they sent it again, and I called them and the third time I mailed them a copy of the death certificate in their postage paid envelope. :classic_smile:  

I thought mailing her a bill after she passed away to her address and insisting I pay it was just very bad taste.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

OK

M.A.S.H. 4077

Hogans Hero's

And to end the week on a good note, Donny and Marie.

The Jetsons

Twilight Zone

Bonanza

Lassie

My Favorite Martian

Mr. Ed

Dark Shadows

Damn, thats why I did not do well in Grade School.

But, High School I buckled down.

I am know to still watch Hogan's Heros reruns.🙂

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was on a cruise a few years ago.One of the entertainers was one of the stars of Dukes of Hazard.He was drunk on stage.The first time I ever saw something like that.

What kind of entertaining was he supposed to be doing?

2 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I thought mailing her a bill after she passed away to her address and insisting I pay it was just very bad taste.

I've never sent a bill to a deceased patient. The family has enough to go through with the loss and I don't need the money that badly.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

It has a proper 1970s v8 rumble when it starts up.  Brother had several acres, so before he bought my nephew racing go karts he bought him some late 60s cars, and taught him to drive in a big field.  They had several so my nephew and his pre teens friends used to race old cars in the field. 

The world was simpler then.

jc

• Like 4