Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Wow all those lobsters, when is dinner. And lobster soup.. forget the rest. Heaven. You are right you cooked your daughter something delicious. 

Thank you!  She thoroughly enjoyed everything.  When you buy a pack of lobster tails from Costco, you get that many.  It was very tasty.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Thank you!  She thoroughly enjoyed everything.  When you buy a pack of lobster tails from Costco, you get that many.  It was very tasty.  

I'm still amazed. It's been many years since I had a Costco membership. I dont remember the lobster at mine tbh just the veggies. I had to buy very large amounts, more than I could possibly eat, like a whole flat of strawberries. I looked at steaks here in texas, just dont remember seeing lobsters.

I'm coming to your house for dinner though. That spread looked so yummy. You obviously are a great cook. Me I'd have been well I'm going to try and cook a brisket and I hope it comes out right. You were sure it all would come out and you pulled it off.

I'm thinking of Hawaiian style pulled pork, except of course I dont have hawaiian salt or the right smoky stuff... improvise. 

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have actuallt never had broiled lobster, baked but nit broiled.

Broiling it is actually very easy and fast.  And it turns out very tasty as well.  I envy you and all those from the east coast where lobster is so fresh and plentiful.  

https://www.wholesomeyum.com/the-best-broiled-lobster-tail-recipe/

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Broiling it is actually very easy and fast.  And it turns out very tasty as well.  I envy you and all those from the east coast where lobster is so fresh and plentiful.  

Grilled is very good also.  But you have to buy the just the tails. We tried it last summer with live lobsters.  Not fun separating the tail from the body when they’re still alive.  I’ll leave that to someone else. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Grilled is very good also.  But you have to buy the just the tails. We tried it last summer with live lobsters.  Not fun separating the tail from the body when they’re still alive.  I’ll leave that to someone else. 

Sort of like splitting them to make baked stuffed lobster.

21 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

I hope your Daughter is enjoying her special day!  Happy Birthday💐

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sort of like splitting them to make baked stuffed lobster.

French fried Lobster from Howard's Seafood on LBI is my birthday dinner almost every year.  Family favorite!

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-sprint-us-revc&source=android-browser&q=howards+seafood+french+fried+lobster

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Then the next day another Lawyer in Fl contacted us and said they would handle all expenses and pay us $1000.00 and buy the lot, we would come out $1000.00

So the plot thickens, we are wondering if this piece of property is of some value.

It is a corner lot in a development that is close to a club house, golf course (we googled from above).

That lawyer better be adding a couple of more zero's to that number.

BTW, I love your writing style. Serious. Sometime I'll read your posts more than once b/c i enjoy them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Spanish tile roof and a bathroom big enough to live in? Lol

That bathroom is bigger than my master bedroom.

4 minutes ago, singinalot said:

debating whether to hit the book button 🤷‍♀️☺️🙏🏻

"Do it! Do it! Do it!"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Eeew. That would be disgusting. :classic_huh: I would have to leave the room too. 

I went catfishing over night one time. And I brought them home in a bag and put them in the fridge and went to bed. At some point in the morning, I heard my mom shrieking, "Oh my God! Tom they're still alive!" :classic_biggrin: And shortly after that I heard multiple whacks from the backyard as my dad was dispatching them. :classic_tongue: 

They tasted really good, but I didn't bring them back alive after that. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

I've lived in FL for most of my live so I'm used to hurricanes. We get notice and we can leave if we need to. Earthquakes terrify me. We moved to CA in 1989 and a few months later the Loma Prieta earthquake hit. As excited as I was to move to CA I was even more excited to move back to FL after experiencing that.

I agree about the hurricanes. You can watch and run if needed. Tornadoes and earthquakes are scary. We lived in the San Jose foothills not to far from Mirassou Winery 🍷 when the Loma Prieta earthquake hit. I worked on a secure building and was leaving at the time. You had to use a card to get in or out. I was in between the 2 security doors when it hit. I was new to earthquakes so this was my first. I started to freak out when I couldn’t open the door. I kept trying my card to no avail and on top of that the emergency release button wouldn’t open the door either. 😳🤬😱 

Our company had just completed building a new building with all glass walls. Nothing but glass. I could see the walls and glass sort of rolling and I was parked about 50 feet from it. All I could envision was the glass just shattering everywhere. I was so scared. 101 was an absolute nightmare since the exit streets had no working stop lights. People in that area didn’t know they should make it into a 4 way stop sign. 😡 I was so happy to move to KW after that.

• Like 1

But at least we don't have "Earthquake Season" or "Hurricane or Tornado Season" . Loma Prieta was the last big one up here in 1989. And it has been relatively quiet since then. 

During Loma Prieta I had just gotten home from work and the World Series was supposed to start. I was reading the newspaper at the kitchen table. And as it increased and felt like the house was going to jump off the foundation...I went under the kitchen table. 

I went to look for the cat and opened the front door....and he was flat on his tummy with huge eyes, all 4 legs stretched out to his sides and holding on to the concrete with his claws for all he was worth. :classic_biggrin: I scooped him up and chatted with the neighbors before I went back in to turn on the TV. And saw all the damage. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4

Yeah, we got a mychart notice from Cleveland Clinic that we can now make an appt for the shot. DeSantis has opened the age up to 50 and over starting tomorrow. I guess they were getting ahead so people could make the appts. We both have one on Wednesday morning. 💉 Here we come. 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Are you a body guard or something? Wow

4 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

I was going to guess PI

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

I was thinking sales. 

I'm going with secret agent.  A lot of James Bond type weapons can be hidden in the rig of his.  That skiing / flowrider persona on CC is just part of his cover.

And as he works in both Canada & the US, he apparently is a double-agent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4