Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, singinalot said:

still probably pretty good! get out there and fly! Brook stone has never steered me wrong.

we get the appraisal back tonight 🤞🤞🤞

Sat night seems a odd time, but crossing fingers for good news. Time for a celebration? 

I have taken the time to finally read the thread, and boy much has happened in just a mere week.

trailers to

food to

cats to 

phone theft

to beautiful wild life pictures, birds

To scenery

That will teach me to make a better attempt to getting better safe wifi on vacation

The one thing I have to comment on is what happened to us in regards to dealing with mobile phones.

My DH's uncle died last year, and my DH is the sole survivor.

Uncle Jack had a cell phone contract through ** &*

So we called the service number and were put on hold telling us how important our call was and to please stay on the  line, estimated time of wait 95 min.

So I did what any normal person would do, put the phone on speaker and cleaned the house.

2 hours later a hoooman picked up, at least I think it was a hoooman, with the bad accent.

So I asked how to stop his phone service since he passed away.

He told me to take a death certificate to the store that sells contracts and show it to the manager.

Service would be stopped at the end of the business day.

I thanked them got in my car and went to that store.

Upon arrival sign on door said masks and only 5 customers permitted in store at a time.

Cool

I briefly waited outside.

I entered the store and asked to speak to the manager.

The salesman asked if something was wrong.

I said no, I have to cancel service.

He goes on your phone

I said no, my DH's uncle passed away and I am here with the death certificate to cancel.

He goes I cannot do that you have to speak to a manager.

Okay, can I speak to the manager

He goes he is not here.

(((((((((((OK))))))))))

When will he be back

He won't because of covid he is working from home.

He is our resource person.

I go I have to show the death certificate to a manager to cancel this phone service so who is taking his place for this service.

He goes no one, only a manager can do it.

So now I go can you text him and video chat the picture of the death certificate to him so we can cancel the service

He goes, no, cannot do, he has to see the embossed seal.

I go I am not getting anywhere

How can I stop service.

He goes talk to a manager ........ I hear all major problems are being handled at the main branch.

I go where is that.

Columbus he says.

I go that is three hours from here.

I go, as I get ready to ride my broom.

I go fine, Uncle Jack has no money, no estate, lived on SS, after the funeral expenses the apartment he lived in there is nothing left unless you want his dog. (I'm going to hell for lying).

Then he goes I understand your predicament and thank you for wanting to cancel his service, but you see we have to protect his privacy, and number one you are not immediate family, and number two only a manager can do it.

I go, he is deceased, there is no privacy.

Not giving up I asked him if he could call the manager at the store in Columbus for any resolution.

He goes no, only a manager can call up the chain of command and ours works at home.

I said, please can you call your store manager for me, and ask him what I can do to stop service since no one will pay any future bills after the end of the month.

He calls,

He tells the salesman to look at death certificate and make a copy, have me date and sign and then take a picture of it and snap to me. And give me a resource phone number.

We did follow directions, and phone service was stopped the next day.

I'm back to my 2019 favorite word R-E-A-L-L-Y 

Such a production.

Anyway that's my story and I'm sticking too it.

Oh Uncle Jack did not have a dog.

We inherited the estate

WE should have cancellation of phone service easier upon death.

Stay healthy, the alternative is not good.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

@LionesssIt is unfortunate that in your situation you should have had your hubbie call as “Jack”, and just cancel the service. When you try to do things the proper/right way, sometimes the obstacles thrown at you are asinine for no apparent reason. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

BC is the same.  My trailer is registered in KY, that is where my business incorporation is, and there is no special requirements.

I have never been pulled over hauling my trailer but if I ever am I'm sure the state trooper will have a pretty puzzled look on his face.  My trailer is registered in KY, my truck has BC registration and plates and my DL license is from California.  

Now that I no longer own any property in Canada I'm in the process of importing my vehicles into the US and will register them in CA.  I never bothered because it was just a hassle but now I have to.  I'll save on insurance so should have done it years ago.  

If the Trooper asked for any more info like a  telephone number he really would be scratching his head.  I have a Washington state phone number. LOL. 

So, why would you live in California.  there are some reasonable places nearby to live.  Say Montana, or even Idaho... ???  Just confused.

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

I have taken the time to finally read the thread, and boy much has happened in just a mere week.

trailers to

food to

cats to 

phone theft

To scenery

That will teach me to make a better attempt to getting better safe wifi on vacation

The one thing I have to comment on is what happened to us in regards to dealing with mobile phones.

So we called the service number and were put on hold telling us how important our call was and to please stay on the  line, estimated time of wait 95 min.

So I did what any normal person would do, put the phone on speaker and cleaned the house.

2 hours later a hoooman picked up, at least I think it was a hoooman, with the bad accent.

He told me to take a death certificate to the store that sells contracts and show it to the manager.

Upon arrival sign on door said masks and only 5 customers permitted in store at a time.

Cool

He goes on your phone

I said no, my DH's uncle passed away and I am here with the death certificate to cancel.

He goes he is not here.

(((((((((((OK))))))))))

When will he be back

I go I have to show the death certificate to a manager to cancel this phone service so who is taking his place for this service.

So now I go can you text him and video chat the picture of the death certificate to him so we can cancel the service

How can I stop service.

He goes talk to a manager ........ I hear all major problems are being handled at the main branch.

I go where is that.

Columbus he says.

I go fine, Uncle Jack has no money, no estate, lived on SS, after the funeral expenses the apartment he lived in there is nothing left unless you want his dog. (I'm going to hell for lying).

Then he goes I understand your predicament and thank you for wanting to cancel his service, but you see we have to protect his privacy, and number one you are not immediate family, and number two only a manager can do it.

Not giving up I asked him if he could call the manager at the store in Columbus for any resolution.

He goes no, only a manager can call up the chain of command and ours works at home.

I said, please can you call your store manager for me, and ask him what I can do to stop service since no one will pay any future bills after the end of the month.

He calls,

He tells the salesman to look at death certificate and make a copy, have me date and sign and then take a picture of it and snap to me. And give me a resource phone number.

Such a production.

We inherited the estate

That is crazy, and yet believable at the same time!

• Like 1

Just now, xpcdoojk said:

That is crazy, and yet believable at the same time!

I'm telling you, I could not believe it myself.

It could have been quickly resolved if the salesman would have called in the first place.

Only me.

40 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, why would you live in California.  there are some reasonable places nearby to live.  Say Montana, or even Idaho... ???  Just confused.

You are right I could make my home anywhere.  The simple and most important answer is my daughter and family lives in CA.  Like many, family is important to me and when I can I like to be with them.  Also, I like having my home near them.  I don't have to worry that, having been gone for 9 weeks like I will this trip, I will return to discover a homeless man living in my home. They also are able to do basic upkeep like keeping my lawn mowed and my mail picked up from the box.

I have other reasons also.  I would typically spend at least half a year in CA and I want a CCW permit.  In order to have a CCW permit in CA you must be a resident.  The Peoples Republic of California doesn't have a reciprocal agreement with other states.  Other states recognize CA's permit but CA doesn't recognize theirs.  In order to concealed carry I must be a resident.

While taxes are higher here, due to the nature of my employment, I am able to write off a significant enough portion of that income that I am not as impacted by it as other residents would be.  Also, my work is not governed by any sort of regulatory body so California's usual bureaucratic non-sense doesn't impact me at all.

From my home I can be in the Sierra Nevada mountains skiing in an hour and three quarters and I can be enjoying the ocean at Monterey in two hours. I have access to the San Francisco in a little over two hours and can be in Anaheim in four.

That being said, If I could convince my son-in-law, who is an RN, to take a job somewhere else I would move in a heartbeat.  That isn't likely so here I sit.  Living in Florida next to a cruise port would be pretty appealing to me.  Or a ten acres near a small town in Oklahoma where everybody knows everything about everybody. The only problem is I'd miss skiing and I'm scared of hurricanes and tornado's.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

trailers to

food to

cats to 

phone theft

To scenery

Cool

He goes on your phone

He goes he is not here.

(((((((((((OK))))))))))

When will he be back

How can I stop service.

I go where is that.

Columbus he says.

He calls,

Such a production.

We inherited the estate

Crazy

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

You are right I could make my home anywhere.  The simple and most important answer is my daughter and family lives in CA.  Like many, family is important to me and when I can I like to be with them.  Also, I like having my home near them.  I don't have to worry that, having been gone for 9 weeks like I will this trip, I will return to discover a homeless man living in my home. They also are able to do basic upkeep like keeping my lawn mowed and my mail picked up from the box.

I have other reasons also.  I would typically spend at least half a year in CA and I want a CCW permit.  In order to have a CCW permit in CA you must be a resident.  The Peoples Republic of California doesn't have a reciprocal agreement with other states.  Other states recognize CA's permit but CA doesn't recognize theirs.  In order to concealed carry I must be a resident.

While taxes are higher here, due to the nature of my employment, I am able to write off a significant enough portion of that income that I am not as impacted by it as other residents would be.  Also, my work is not governed by any sort of regulatory body so California's usual bureaucratic non-sense doesn't impact me at all.

From my home I can be in the Sierra Nevada mountains skiing in an hour and three quarters and I can be enjoying the ocean at Monterey in two hours. I have access to the San Francisco in a little over two hours and can be in Anaheim in four.

That being said, If I could convince my son-in-law, who is an RN, to take a job somewhere else I would move in a heartbeat.  That isn't likely so here I sit.  Living in Florida next to a cruise port would be pretty appealing to me.  Or a ten acres near a small town in Oklahoma where everybody knows everything about everybody. The only problem is I'd miss skiing and I'm scared of hurricanes and tornado's.  

Are you a body guard or something? Wow

2 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Dinner for DD’s Birthday today.  Broiled Lobster Tail/Korean Barbecue Ribs/Garlic Crab Noodle/Lobster Bisque 

6F530052-0E5B-40C4-A8EC-4BA9AE7CE291.thumb.jpeg.a642cdf1ad7337c28d9a38bbfafb6fe8.jpegEEC04DA3-61E0-43E6-B1CF-C493C416A125.thumb.jpeg.b815291e142677b32644f8720dd43e0f.jpeg21DF6CCD-1C1F-458E-B07F-7F360714A4E4.thumb.jpeg.dbcf01be9949311e47f333c753ca3d70.jpeg

Wow all those lobsters, when is dinner. And lobster soup.. forget the rest. Heaven. You are right you cooked your daughter something delicious. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Do you have CCW permit(s) from any other state? There’s a lot of states that California doesn’t have reciprocity with including the two sandwiched between your state and BC. 

16 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

@Tree_skier this could be your new tow rig. Imagine your camper trailer behind this. The guy in this video is from Alberta and adapts transports into personal haulers.  He removed the rear axle, builds the bed, and it goes from there. You even have a car to drive off and winch back on for end destinations.  Smart car is the perfect fit. They have even made hydraulic lowering beds VS a winch. Check out this YouTube channel. 

For Americans they register them in a specific state to like you.  Just add the “Not for Hire Sticker” to the cab.  Nothing extra needed by the state registration either. Many of the owners just travel all year and have no real home. 

I know the guy that has this rig!!   He and his wife used to come into Topsail Hill State Park every spring in the Florida Panhandle.  He had to be very, very careful with what site he chose.  Luckily that state park used to be an "A class" RV resort before it was given to the state.  A lot of big sites there.  

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Enjoy your trip!  I hope you have a fabulous time.  We honeymooned in Mendocino- at a place called Heritage House.  It's the place that the movie "Same Time Next Year" with Alan Alda and Ellen Burstyn was filmed.  There were cottages spread out over the property.  One of cottage is named "Same Time" and another one is named  "Next Year".  Many people request those cottages.  But the view of the ocean is magnificent.

Thanks!  Always love that area.  Our second week is at Lighthouse point, right on the coast.  That coastline is soooo gorgeous along there.  At the very south end is another town that had a famous movie filmed...."The Birds".  😮   Love having lunch at Bodega Bay...no crows please.  😉 

• Like 3

On 3/20/2021 at 1:28 AM, Momof3gurlz said:

Sunday is my birthday, so kids sent us makings fir Cubano sandwiches from Versailles in Miami via Goldbelly, saying “ if you can’t travel right now, we thought we’d send you some of your favorite food”.

Happy Birthday 💐🌺

May you travel in the very near future, and enjoy Cubano sandwiches along the way.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Dinner for DD’s Birthday today.  Broiled Lobster Tail/Korean Barbecue Ribs/Garlic Crab Noodle/Lobster Bisque 

Happy Birthday to your DD 🌺🌼

It looks like a real feast -- I would also thoroughly enjoy every one of the items 😁

• Like 2