Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just now, island lady said:

Magnum PI, Buck Rogers, Three's Company, Dynasty, and....everyone's favorite...how could you forget??!!   The Love Boat!!   

No, no no! Not that song. Hopefully happy hour will erase that song out of my pea brain. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Magnum PI, Buck Rogers, Three's Company, Dynasty, and....everyone's favorite...how could you forget??!!   The Love Boat!!   

I liked Magnum PI.  Buck Rogers was barely in the 80s if at all...  the others... ugh...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

My nephew warned me two years ago, I was going to have to do something with it as he and my SIL were working on doing something with the collection.  I think it is emotionally harder than they expected.

When my father passed away, my nephew wanted his car. Reminded him of the road trips his grandfather would take him on.

My nephew was a 20 yo college kid & the car was a 1988 Mercury Grand Marquis station wagon completed with fake wood sides. No shame driving that thru campus. 😀

• Like 1

Whenever I watch an episode of Gilligans Island, Lost in Space or The Monkees, I can't believe I spent hours of my youth watching those shows.

I kinda thought Simon & Simon was a spiritual successor to Rockford Files.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You thought him sexy?

M8

No, the ladies were trying to suck me into that position.  I just offered a reason for them.  I was all about 99.  

We were in Key west a couple of weeks ago, and one evening, while I was staying sober to be able to drive to the airport to pick up friends that were flying down a day or two after we did on an after 11PM arriving flight we watched a series of James Bond flicks on BBC America (With Sean).  I had forgotten how sexist and completely non-acceptable in todays world they were.  The really shocking bits were his slapping and punching the evil women who still loved him by the end of the film.  

I grew up loving these films but even for me with my current mind, it was uncomfortable to watch.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

No, the ladies were trying to suck me into that position.  I just offered a reason for them.  I was all about 99.  

We were in Key west a couple of weeks ago, and one evening, while I was staying sober to be able to drive to the airport to pick up friends that were flying down a day or two after we did on an after 11PM arriving flight we watched a series of James Bond flicks on BBC America (With Sean).  I had forgotten how sexist and completely non-acceptable in todays world they were.  The really shocking bits were his slapping and punching the evil women who still loved him by the end of the film.  

I grew up loving these films but even for me with my current mind, it was uncomfortable to watch.  

I guess all the old James Bond films will be banned. Cancel Culture. 😇

A tease. 

5A86F0C2-4363-42B5-B664-6B3B161F163C.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

My youngest bought me the complete collection on Blu-ray for Christmas. 

I guess I don't have your modern sensibilities 😉

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I still enjoyed it, and didn’t change the channel, but my DW was pointing out everything that would not be allowed in a hit movie in them.  I am not not sensitive, but I am well trained.  

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

If you’re referring to agent 99 you couldn’t be more right. 

If you’re talking about Daisy Duke I’m thinking that is more 79-84

AE558F81-A5B9-4BB8-82C2-1B240AC3E4CA.jpeg

D5396B12-B411-4928-9A8F-C6687818DC36.jpeg

Where's the good old boys.    Eeeeah hahhhh!     When I was 12 or 13 yrs old went to a car show and John Schneider gave me his autograph and a Kiss!    My family watched that show every week, faithfully!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Whenever I watch an episode of Gilligans Island, Lost in Space or The Monkees, I can't believe I spent hours of my youth watching those shows.

I kinda thought Simon & Simon was a spiritual successor to Rockford Files.

All of my favorites.    Let's not forget the brady bunch and the partridge family!

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

As a kid I loved Rockford files. That, Love boat and Dukes of Hazard were my favorite TV's shows as a kid.

I'm the worst sales person in history

Now this is something I would go for... I love spy books.  

I'm sorry I didn't mean to skip over your post @firefly333

I work with non-profit NGO's developing substance abuse programs.  I train their staff to develop their local programs and will participate as a teacher in the early start up sessions, I'll train them to deal with various local governmental agencies, like probation, corrections, law enforcement and local social service departments and will do the initial contacts as well as train them to continue to do the same as those officials change. I'll do the initial training of their volunteers who will do street outreach as well go out myself to help get things up and running.

I'm not really involved in mental health or public health like a nurse or doctor.  Just a lot of what we do has contact with people in those fields.

I wish I was a secret agent.  That'd be way more glamorous and not near as heartbreaking as what I do. I'd get to drive a really cool car and talk into my shoe like Maxwell Smart. However, I suspect my wife would be pretty jealous of agent 99.

Job sounds like a lot of paperwork and "red tape" but also very rewarding to be able to help set up these local programs that are probably needed even more due to the pandemic.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We have both been watching 

Below Deck Mediterranean.

Captain Sandy is good.

Malia is two timing with Dan the chef and Wes the Boson.

Friction between Hannah and Bugsy.

They have been to Split and today in Havr Croatia.

Love Captain Sandy.  Believe the chef's name was Adam?  Never cared for him or Malia.  Love all the gorgeous scenery on Below Deck, especially the Med seasons.  Currently showing new season of Below Deck sailing yacht in US and Canada.  Not enjoying it at all.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm hanging onto my set! My be worth some $$$$ some day.

19 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I loved Columbo.  My favorite episode, "Trouble Waters", takes place on a cruise ship. In addition to solving a murder, he could never find his wife.

My dad was a taxi driver for a while in nyc , he had Peter Flak in his cab in 1970, he was a big fan and when ride ended he told him ride was on him. Falk wanted to pay, then asked my father how many children he had and write us a nice note each, I was stationed in Germany in the army at the time. I think I have the note somewhere.

• Like 7

On 3/21/2021 at 1:14 PM, BonTexasNY said:

A month after my mom passed away from a heart attack, her cardiologist office sent her a bill addressed to her, mailed to her apt. that we were in process of cleaning out. This was the cardiologist who pronounced her death. When I called the office they said it was for the good service she received.   It was actually not a large bill at all, probably what Medicare didn't cover.  I asked how the office expected payment from a deceased person.  She was insistent that I pay it.  I gave her the cemetery name, plot # where my mom was buried and told her to dig for it.  I never heard from them again. It might have been wrong on my part but receiving that bill did not help my grief heal.

When my father passed away his doctor not only did not bill for his services but he made a large donation in my fathers name to my fathers place of worship. This man then became my doctor till he retired.

• Like 9