Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

28 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

OK

M.A.S.H. 4077

Hogans Hero's

And to end the week on a good note, Donny and Marie.

The Jetsons

Twilight Zone

Bonanza

Lassie

My Favorite Martian

Mr. Ed

Dark Shadows

Damn, thats why I did not do well in Grade School.

But, High School I buckled down.

Several good shows in that list

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

My '73 was a Super Beetle convertible. 

Bright orange. Looked like a 🎃 

Mine was a '74 i think, orange, not a convertible. (Kept it till DH moved me to Texas; no air conditioning; felt like an egg in boiling water.)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

According to Andrew, he wanted to park his future Airstream in our driveway and have some Q. 

M8

What is Q?  Only park the airstream when I am on a cruise.  The rest of the time not in your driveway somewhere else.  Of course, it would be awesome to be fed some of your sous vide Egg food, while we refit to leave your driveway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So today was take care of your wife day.  I took today off and we drove down to Cardillo Beach. We spent time walking along the shore watching the waves then went for Ice cream at a kiosk down by the fish market.

It was a gorgeous day.  68 and sunny and the wind wasn't to bad.

Pictures to follow...

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I thought mailing her a bill after she passed away to her address and insisting I pay it was just very bad taste.

I don't think the physicians are really involved in the billing part. I'm sorry about your mom. :classic_smile: 

When my duck died during surgery, I still had to pay the bill. I knew what it cost going in for the surgery, and I asked the vet if it was worth it. 

And she replied, "Patti, it's a duck. She is worth about $5. It is what you want to spend on her as a pet." :classic_biggrin:

So I am an advocate of paying bills for the things we care about. :classic_smile:

And it was the joint account part Bonnie. They shouldn't expect you to pay it if you weren't on her accounts. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I don't think the physicians are really involved in the billing part. 

In these days where most physicians are employed, instead of in private practice, you are probably correct. Some business office is doing just that... running a business.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

OK

M.A.S.H. 4077

Hogans Hero's

And to end the week on a good note, Donny and Marie.

The Jetsons

Twilight Zone

Bonanza

Lassie

My Favorite Martian

Mr. Ed

Dark Shadows

Damn, thats why I did not do well in Grade School.

But, High School I buckled down.

I loved Dark Shadows.  

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

Mine was a '74 i think, orange, not a convertible. (Kept it till DH moved me to Texas; no air conditioning; felt like an egg in boiling water.)

Mine had air conditioning, but you had to turn it off going uphill 🤣🤣

I actually drove a 62 Beetle from SW Missouri to LA. I thought we were never going to make it over the mountains

Just now, Keksie said:

I loved Dark Shadows.  

Yes, I was sort of the first latch key kid, and they were broadcasting Dark Shadows on a delay basis in our market, so I got to watch the first two episodes as a kid... then they showed it at the regular time when I was in school and then it got cancelled.  So, I knew most of the first two seasons, but when I saw it rarely later, I was lost on the current plot lines.  So as a soap opera it was not like Days of our Lives, where you can go decades and still watch one and know mostly what is happening.  

Lord such mindlessness.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

What is Q?  Only park the airstream when I am on a cruise.  The rest of the time not in your driveway somewhere else.  Of course, it would be awesome to be fed some of your sous vide Egg food, while we refit to leave your driveway.

BBQ is often called just Q

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Mine had air conditioning, but you had to turn it off going uphill 🤣🤣

I actually drove a 62 Beetle from SW Missouri to LA. I thought we were never going to make it over the mountains

A buddy and I drove in his 65 Beetle to St Louis, and it was 75 MPH down the hill and 50 up....  that is how I learned to drive a stick, and to appreciate power steering.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

BBQ is often called just Q

OK, the charming DW, has Alpha Gal... no pork, beef, lamb or whale for her.  

JC<——- will happily eat the Baby Back Ribs

Edited by xpcdoojk
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

A buddy and I drove in his 65 Beetle to St Louis, and it was 75 MPH down the hill and 50 up....  that is how I learned to drive a stick, and to appreciate power steering.  

I got a ticket around Lake of the Ozarks heading from Webb City to Columbia. I was clocked at around 75 mph. I fought it and got it reduced to 60 mph because I told judge no way a Beetle can do 75 mph uphill. 

Well, it can if you're doing 85 downhill.😉

I miss the downward clutch and brake pedals on a beetle. But VW vans were the best

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, George C said:

My dad was a taxi driver for a while in nyc , he had Peter Flak in his cab in 1970, he was a big fan and when ride ended he told him ride was on him. Falk wanted to pay, then asked my father how many children he had and write us a nice note each, I was stationed in Germany in the army at the time. I think I have the note somewhere.

Awesome!  Nice to know some celebrities can be kind.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

It’s amazing that so many unknown actors who became huge stars were on MASH.The only comparable show to say that about is Law and Order.

Tom Hanks wife, Rita Wilson was a nurse on that show. I think her name was Lacey?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

No not that much paperwork.  Other people are doing most of that.  I spend most of my time in the field.

Demand has never been greater.  I want to be put out of business and sent into retirement. Sadly, that won't happen.  I spent Saturday day and Sunday night in the Warehouse district and Fashion Distrion in LA.  It's catastrophic, It was bad last year when I was here in January 2020. This last weekend was indescribable. There's a few good charity missions trying to make a difference though they are swimming against the current.  

One day...

Sounds like you do good work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1