Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

I don't think the physicians are really involved in the billing part. I'm sorry about your mom. :classic_smile: 

When my duck died during surgery, I still had to pay the bill. I knew what it cost going in for the surgery, and I asked the vet if it was worth it. 

And she replied, "Patti, it's a duck. She is worth about $5. It is what you want to spend on her as a pet." :classic_biggrin:

So I am an advocate of paying bills for the things we care about. :classic_smile:

And it was the joint account part Bonnie. They shouldn't expect you to pay it if you weren't on her accounts. 

Exactly, no joint account. And I'm sorry about your duck.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Love Captain Sandy.  Believe the chef's name was Adam?  Never cared for him or Malia.  Love all the gorgeous scenery on Below Deck, especially the Med seasons.  Currently showing new season of Below Deck sailing yacht in US and Canada.  Not enjoying it at all.  

Thanks.

Yes it was Adam.

He was wrong when he kept putting onions in everything when the main charter guest said no onions.

Malia is flirting with Adam and Wes and causing Ill feeling.

Adam would have been sacked if Captain Sandy could have got a new chef in Croatia.

Last night's episode had new guests on board.

Bob was calling one of the lady guests a cougar as she obviously fancied him and the guests came down to the crew quarters.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks.

Yes it was Adam.

He was wrong when he kept putting onions in everything when the main charter guest said no onions.

Malia is flirting with Adam and Wes and causing Ill feeling.

Adam would have been sacked if Captain Sandy could have got a new chef in Croatia.

Last night's episode had new guests on board.

Bob was calling one of the lady guests a cougar as she obviously fancied him and the guests came down to the crew quarters.

England seems to be a few seasons behind us here in the U.S.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Have they still been sailing and filming during the pandemic because there are very few people on board?

Yes. The present season was filmed during the pandemic. Apparently the guests had to go through a quarentine prior to boarding and the crew is not allowed off the boat to go partying on their nights off between charters. On the second charter of the season (last night) one of the guests became ill and the charter was cut short in case it was covid but testing finally came back negative.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Yesterday was a good day for Deep Purple. Today it was a Doobie Bros kinda day. A sneak peak of the SousVide Ribs and based on the great wonderful smell, a bag leaked. Lol

M8

I had a problem with some short ribs a friend gave me and he had already vacuum sealed the bags, one broke and it was a heck of a foamy mess, that went into the trash.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

According to Andrew, he wanted to park his future Airstream in our driveway and have some Q. 

M8

And still no southern welcome of come on down, mi casa su casa.  Or in this case driveway instead of casa.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

It was nice and surprisingly deserted. There were a few brave folks trying to body surf but it was to cool even for me.

Beautiful pictures.  I lived in San Pedro from 1967 to 1968 when my Dad was in Vietnam and have been to Cabrillo Beach.  It wasn’t as nice back then as it appears to be now.  I remember there being some type of small military base nearby, my Mom used to go the the commissary there.  Also visited family in San Pedro many times, sometimes for months at a time while my Dad attended special military trainings.  

• Like 1

Just now, xpcdoojk said:

I had a problem with some short ribs a friend gave me and he had already vacuum sealed the bags, one broke and it was a heck of a foamy mess, that went into the trash.

I’m sure the leaking bag will be trashed. Either the seal leaked (which has happened before) or a rib bone broke through the bag. I cut the ribs in about 4 ribs per section, put two section in the bag, one above the other, vacuumed, and folded over. I thought it would save bags. Maybe I should have used a bag each. I also bagged some of the meat I trimmed off. I figured since it was SousVide, those pieces wouldn’t dry out like it does on the grill. I have the “big game” Foodsaver vacuum and it works great. Foodsaver has discontinued this model, unfortunately. 

Live and learn. I pull them out tonight. 

M8

5 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

And still no southern welcome of come on down, mi casa su casa.  Or in this case driveway instead of casa.

You missed my post. I said welcome to stop by for some Q (BBQ). Just can’t bring the Airstream. We are gated and they are not permitted for guest. We really are short on space in our temporary living quarters. We are so ready to be out of here. Lol

M8

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes. The present season was filmed during the pandemic. Apparently the guests had to go through a quarentine prior to boarding and the crew is not allowed off the boat to go partying on their nights off between charters. On the second charter of the season (last night) one of the guests became ill and the charter was cut short in case it was covid but testing finally came back negative.

I watched last nights episode of below deck sailing yacht.  Rather boring episode.  What a strange family of 9 that just boarded.   Chef sure did screw up dinner service.  The primary had every right to be upset.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Awesome!  Nice to know some celebrities can be kind.

A friend of mine lived in NYC several years ago.  Al Pacino lived in penthouse and my friend use to run into Pacino in the elevator and lobby on a regular basis.  Said he was extremely nice and down to earth.  Pacino even helped my friend carry some packages to his apartment.   But if someone became star struck and wanted autographs, photos, etc then he would get annoyed and ignore them.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I watched last nights episode of below deck sailing yacht.  Rather boring episode.  What a strange family of 9 that just boarded.   Chef sure did screw up dinner service.  The primary had every right to be upset.

I suspect this may not be a one chef season. That was a totally screwed up dinner.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You missed my post. I said welcome to stop by for some Q (BBQ). Just can’t bring the Airstream. We are gated and they are not permitted for guest. We really are short on space in our temporary living quarters. We are so ready to be out of here. Lol

M8

You have time to find an appropriate home for my airstream.  😇

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Ahhh, the Doobie Brothers. Practically the soundtrack of my high school years.

Was very happy to see Doobie brothers get in rock and roll hall of fame last year, Micheal McDonald was on a charter cruise we took two years ago and was great his wife of almost 40 years was his backup singer. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm watching great food truck race.  Recorded I think last night.  Their in Homer Alaska this episode. 

Hanging out with Otto and the gang at the Homestead?  😉  He might run them down in his tractor! 

20200823_182619.jpg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Keksie said:

I loved Dark Shadows.  

Me too...it was quicker to walk home from school versus riding the bus (I was end of the route)...so I could be in time to watch it.   Big bowl of vanilla ice cream with Ovaltine on top was after school TV snack!  😉 

• Like 3