Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Brooklyn-ites moved to NJ (or Staten Island which is like NJ 😀)

People from Queens always moved out to Long Island. And never argue with a person from Queens and tell them technically, Queens is already on Long Island.

People from the Bronx move north to Westchester, Rockland and points beyond...or they say, upstate.

We had one friend who left Brooklyn for Westchester.All of my nieces and nephews left Brooklyn for Westchester.We never knew any people who moved from Brooklyn to Staten Island.

We met a couple on a cruise who moved from Brooklyn to Rockland.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Made me think of Billy Joel. 

But I still love Queens too.  My Mets and lots of my family. 💙🧡

I have a few friends that live in Forest Hills.  Feels more like the suburbs than the  city.  Kids of friends seem to flock to Astoria. I guess that's the new trendy neighborhood?

And this Yankee Fan loves CitiField. Great stadium for games and concerts.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We had one friend who left Brooklyn for Westchester.All of my nieces and nephews left Brooklyn for Westchester.We never knew any people who moved from Brooklyn to Staten Island.

🤔 is that NJ

Edited by John&LaLa

Just now, HBE4 said:

I have a few friends that live in Forest Hills.  Feels more like the suburbs than the  city.  Kids of friends seem to flock to Astoria. I guess that's the new trendy neighborhood?

My first ever in stadium baseball game that I went to was in Yankee Stadium.One of my childhood neighbors played for the Yankees from 1967 to 1972.I rooted for the Yankees when he played there ,however ,I have always been a Mets fan. About ten years ago my wife and I and two other couples went to Boston for a weekend. My friend Tony a huge Yankees wore a Yankees tee shirt and jacket.Tony was 6’8 and weighed 275 .He figured nobody would mess with him but he forgot that he had 5 other people with him.😀

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Isn't Yogi in Astoria?

14 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I know. Just kidding with some generalized observations I've made over the years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

I know. Just kidding with some generalized observations I've made over the years.

We loved Brooklyn,never thought we would leave.Then several friends moved to LI,then relatives,then one of my daughters and family and we just followed them out here.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Who wants a house out in HackiSack

Is that what you get for your money?

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

🤔 is that NJ

All New York!

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Isn't Yogi in Astoria?

You may be right.

15 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

The bad thing about Forest Hills is that it is impossible to find parking.The last time we were there was 2014.We were there to meet friends for lunch and it took two hours to find a parking spot.After lunch our friends went home and we went shopping .

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Before moving to Dallas I lived in Kew Gardens which is next door to Forest Hills. Die hard yankee fan grew up watching Mickey Mantle playing center field. Still miss New York pizza and pastrami among other things , can’t wait to visit again love food and entertainment in New York. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

All in the Family. The Jefferson. Welcome Back Kotter. (Gabe Kaplan - the man with a thousand Uncles)

Tuesday night ABC lineup - Happy Days, Lavern & Shirley, Three Company...and maybe Soap with an then unknown Billy Crystal

Yes, There were so many...Cheers, Murphy Brown, Taxi, Wonder Years, Family Ties, Newhart, Who's The Boss, Fact of Life, Night Court, WKRP In Cincinnati, Golden Girls, Designing Women, Moonlighting, McGyver, The Fall Guy, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Remington Steele, Falcon Crest, Hill Street Blues, Miami Vice, Murder, She Wrote, Knight Rider, Kojak, Rockford Files.....

• Like 4

4 hours ago, mets07 said:

No, Bergen County. 

All of about 18 miles from Manhattan. 🙂

We lived in Rockland County for 27 years before moving to Texas; first 20 in Tappan which as you probably know borders Bergen County.  Next 7 years in New City. I got to know Paramus malls intimately! Loved taking my daughter to Van Saun park when she was little. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Yes, There were so many...Cheers, Murphy Brown, Taxi, Wonder Years, Family Ties, Newhart, Who's The Boss, Fact of Life, Night Court, WKRP In Cincinnati, Golden Girls, Designing Women, Moonlighting, McGyver, The Fall Guy, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Remington Steele, Falcon Crest, Hill Street Blues, Miami Vice, Murder, She Wrote, Knight Rider, Kojak, Rockford Files.....

Lordy lordy...did we spend our entire youth watching tv?

To be honest, my tv is on all day long. Just in case there's a weather alert you know.😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I think I was confusing Twin Peaks and Northern Exposure (we liked them both) when I said that it was not available online due to a legal issue.  Looks like Northern Exposure is still only available if you buy a DVD set.  We no longer even own a DVD player.

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, Eric likes that one and I occasionally watched with him.  Is it done or is there another season coming?

Best season ending cliff hanger that I've seen in a long time.  Can't wait to see what happens.  I think I've posted my prediction here before that Kayce and Rip are going to lose their minds and go ballistic, with Kayce being the precise scalpel and Rip being the blunt sledge hammer.  I won't say why for those who still haven't seen it.

• Like 2