Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are sitting at vaccine center doing our 15 min wait after just getting our 2nd shot of pfizer.  The first shot felt nothing, this one hurt going in.  She really jabbed hard.  Fingers crossed no side effects.

🤞 Hope you are both fine with no side effects Debbie.

Graham.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, retiredgram said:

She was putting the band aid on and I never even felt a little pinch or *****.  I even told my hubby jokingly "I wonder if she really gave me the shot".  Hope you don't have any side effects.  So far so good.

I see CC took out my word associated with a pin stab.  Sorry if anyone was offended. That was never my intention or thought.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, George C said:

My day just got better , wife got her first shot yesterday and we will celebrate her big birthday which is on July 4th in a royal suite on Celebrity sailing out of St Maarten.

Congrats on all three, especially the last one.  I'm jealous! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, retiredgram said:

I see CC took out my word associated with a pin stab.  Sorry if anyone was offended. That was never my intention or thought.

I thought this was another one of the word games we play on CC.  I guess I just wasn't on at the right time to see the word so no offense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

My mother in law in Israel used to buy live carp, have them swim in the bathtub until it was time to make gefilte fish.

We're buying it fresh, usually 2 carps, and the fishmonger does the "deed", then grounds it twice, and leaves for DH the head and the fishbone... We have a standing order for Passover and Rosh Hashana, I'm just confirming it by phone and go to fetch it.

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Can you share a good chopped liver recipe?

I apologize re: my translation from Hebrew.... DH doesn't believe in recipes, he's into "improvising" on classic recipes, therefore I can't give you quantities, just the general idea...

Frying in a frying pan the liver with red demi sec wine (he adds also a small slice of butter, but then we don't keep kosher, just the tradition). He adds salt, grounded black pepper and date honey, according to taste.

In another frying pan he's frying onions until golden.

He's grounding finely the fried liver in a food processor (Magimix?).

He then manually mixes the grounded liver with the onions, and then adds 2 hard boiled eggs (grossly smashed).

Lastly, he gives the liver a searing (on the surface) in the oven.

Hope I've translated it clearly... 

• Like 1

By making it available to everyone, at least over 18, any Floridian who wants to cruise now cam get the shots if they want to cruise, and should be able to travel if the need to get to the ship.  If these Caribbean cruises work out OK, that would help convince the CDC that cruising is safe.  The big obstacle is getting the crew vaccinated. Chris Wong just posted on Youtube that he was told to be ready to come to the US, but has no information on how they will get their shots.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Our Governor announced that starting April 1, Californians aged 50+ will be eligible to receive a vaccine.  And starting April 15, Californian aged 16+ will become eligible.

Massachusetts is April 5th for age 50+ and April 19th it will go to those age 16+.  Just went to 60+ this week.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Our Governor announced that starting April 1, Californians aged 50+ will be eligible to receive a vaccine.  And starting April 15, Californian aged 16+ will become eligible.

Great news for us.  I signed up at myturn.ca.gov but they just said I wasn't eligible yet but they'd let me know when I could.  I will definitely be booking an appointment asap.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

We're buying it fresh, usually 2 carps, and the fishmonger does the "deed", then grounds it twice, and leaves for DH the head and the fishbone... We have a standing order for Passover and Rosh Hashana, I'm just confirming it by phone and go to fetch it.

I apologize re: my translation from Hebrew.... DH doesn't believe in recipes, he's into "improvising" on classic recipes, therefore I can't give you quantities, just the general idea...

Frying in a frying pan the liver with red demi sec wine (he adds also a small slice of butter, but then we don't keep kosher, just the tradition). He adds salt, grounded black pepper and date honey, according to taste.

In another frying pan he's frying onions until golden.

He's grounding finely the fried liver in a food processor (Magimix?).

He then manually mixes the grounded liver with the onions, and then adds 2 hard boiled eggs (grossly smashed).

Lastly, he gives the liver a searing (on the surface) in the oven.

Hope I've translated it clearly... 

Oy! Sounds delicious but not sure it's up to my cooking "expertise". First time I heard of wine in chopped liver. I've seen photos of your husband's finished products. The man knows his way around a kitchen.

• Thanks 1