Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Good morning.

I popped out to see a long time customer then got a coffee and cheesy bacon flatbread and relaxed overlooking the North sea.

The rain started pouring down.

I hope everyone is safe and well and y'all have a happy day.

IMG_20240709_091159.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

The rain started pouring down.

Thanks, Graham.

12 C in July (North-East England) and pouring rain...

32 C in Tel Aviv and very high humidity, tomorrow -- 33 C.

I would prefer the rain .....

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Graham.

12 C in July (North-East England) and pouring rain...

32 C in Tel Aviv and very high humidity, tomorrow -- 33 C.

I would prefer the rain .....

Your weather is very similar to ours.  

Today, in eastern Pennsylvania will be 35.5c

With 91% humidity

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Your weather is very similar to ours.  

Today, in eastern Pennsylvania will be 35.5c

With 91% humidity

Oy... I can stand the heat, but the humidity is killing me... Hopefully you have AC.

Ours is working non-stop....

• Like 8

This morning it is 80f with 94% humidity.  Air you can wear, I like humidity but maybe not this much.  There are rain showers in the area so we may get a little rain. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Keksie said:

This morning it is 80f with 94% humidity.  Air you can wear, I like humidity but maybe not this much.  There are rain showers in the area so we may get a little rain. 

I'm a fan of heat and humidity. I have no problem biking when both are high. I don't like it when I have a lot of clothing on though. Sweating doesn't bother me until clothes start sticking to me. I can't stand that feeling.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

YES!!!  OMG!! 2012.. It was also our first time doing a CC Meet and Greet.  We had such a great time on that cruise with the group.  It was also frightening to see Sandy reeking havoc at home while we were safe at Sea  On the tv in our cabin, we saw our daughter's flooded street in N.J., and a ship that ran aground near my brother's street on Staten Island.  We tried calling our daughter's from the ship phone, with no luck.  

It was a really great cruise, Arzeena!  I believe it was also Halloween while on the ship.  Was it the NCL Star??

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! So this means we may have met before!!!!!!

I remember the over flowing meet and greet in the dining room, we had horse racing on deck with Kyle the Cruise Director, that lady in the mermaid outfit, oh it was great!
Hearing about Sandy was frightening. I think we were docking in Curacao when the news came out. Captain had set up a conference room for people to call home.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm a fan of heat and humidity. I have no problem biking when both are high. I don't like it when I have a lot of clothing on though. Sweating doesn't bother me until clothes start sticking to me. I can't stand that feeling.

I need a breeze when it is like it is now.  Plus it keeps the noseeums out of my face and hair.  They drive me nuts this time of year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

I need a breeze when it is like it is now.  Plus it keeps the noseeums out of my face and hair.  They drive me nuts this time of year.

The nice thing about biking is you create your own breeze. It is when you stop that you realize how hot it is.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The nice thing about biking is you create your own breeze. It is when you stop that you realize how hot it is.

Okay if you say so.  I am a biking failure.  Sigh.  A couple of years ago I got a nice bike but then I fell (not on the bike) and fractured my T3 or T2 (one of those).  So I was leary of getting on something that might cause another fall.  I then got a cute little 3 wheeler and we biked last fall.  Then it got cold, then I was super busy and my husband was busy and then it got hot and now I am really out of shape.  Maybe this fall when we get back from our cruise I will give it another go.  

• Like 8

What happens when someone brings a plate of food outside, then leaves it unattended to go back inside for something.  Note: this was not us. 

IMG_1720.thumb.jpeg.b2d814253297573a063a568139af3678.jpeg

I didn’t know pigeons liked sausage. 

• Haha 7

This was one of today’s beach finds. 

IMG_1719.thumb.jpeg.3803810449535c94287861affcb315be.jpeg

The other was an Apple Watch.  Anyone know if there is a way to track down the owner?  It was dead when I picked it up, but I cleaned it and put on a charger, and it was charged about 50% when we came down to the beach.  

• Like 3

@h20skibum

Looks like a very good beach vacation!

Your grandchildren are fortunate for sure.

Is the beach attached to the hotel or is it a public beach?

It looks very convenient to where you are staying.

Enjoy the rest of your stay.😎

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

@h20skibum

Looks like a very good beach vacation!

Your grandchildren are fortunate for sure.

Is the beach attached to the hotel or is it a public beach?

It looks very convenient to where you are staying.

Enjoy the rest of your stay.😎

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

They don’t have it roped off like some places, so it may be public.  It is easy to just walk out of the hotel and be on the beach.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

The other was an Apple Watch.  Anyone know if there is a way to track down the owner?  It was dead when I picked it up, but I cleaned it and put on a charger, and it was charged about 50% when we came down to the beach.

The owner has to put it in lost mode.  Their contact information will be on the screen when the watch turns on.  If it isn't there, they didn't put it in lost mode and there isn't anything you can do other than turn it in to a local police station.  You could ask at the hotel desk to see if someone reported one missing too.

• Like 5

I just got done playing golf.  91F with a feels like temp of 105F.  By the back 9, no one really cared what they were doing anymore.  If it wasn't for a golf cart fan, iced towels, and lots of water with hydration drops, I wouldn't even consider playing.  But if I let the heat win, then I'm skipping golf for 3 or 4 months.  Not gonna happen.  Time to jump in the (91F) pool to cool off before the afternoon thunderstorms hit.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

The owner has to put it in lost mode.  Their contact information will be on the screen when the watch turns on.  If it isn't there, they didn't put it in lost mode and there isn't anything you can do other than turn it in to a local police station.  You could ask at the hotel desk to see if someone reported one missing too.

ok, so this is strange, because it did not have a lock code.  I didn’t know you could even do that. It did fully charge, and it seems to work.

Anyhow, I was able to go to settings and found the email address for their Apple ID.   Sent him an email to let him know I found it.  Just waiting to hear from him at this point.  

It is an Apple Watch SE second generation.

• Like 12

@h20skibum You have a good location. We haven’t been to Myrtle Beach. Might consider it in the Fall when temps and crowds get a bit lower.

Homeward Suites is a Hilton brand property, so may be a good way to use our HH points.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 3

I am excited to see the Utopia. She will be in Nassau when we will be there on Celebrity Reflection in some days.

Even more excited if by chance I bump into some people who I believe are on Utopia.😀

• Like 5