Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

First episode of Below deck tonight.

Yacht called St David and they are based in St Lucia.

Captain Lee in charge.

Sounds like Season 10. Some interesting things happen with Captain Lee.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

My friends and I have decided to leave aside our country's "troubles" for a few hours and went to our favorite restaurant to catch up and celebrate 3 birthdays.

It was a lovely evening and I'm so glad we made it happen.

Sebastian -- July 14th.jpg

Dani, I'm happy to see that you were able to enjoy time with friends.  Hopefully that can become a regular thing soon.  Wishing you all the best. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

6:40 AM.... the middle of the day for me.😉😊

Sometimes I’ve only been asleep for a few hours. 😬  Have I ever said how much I hate getting up that early? 😁  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

Hello Everyone,

I know it's been quite some time since I've posted.  I think it's been several months and see you've all been very busy chatting away.  

While I won't be able to go back and read the several hundred pages, I hope everyone is doing well, safe and healthy.

We've had a few bumps in the road recently.  Unfortunately, Doug had a health issue a while back and turned out he was bleeding internally.   After a 5-night hospital stay, running several tests and receiving 3 pints of blood, it was determined to be a reaction to some blood thinner medication he was on.  Once the medication was discontinued, he was quickly on the mend.  He did have to take a few rounds of iron infusions to get his blood count back up.   He's totally fine now and back to normal.

Now that things are back to normal, we've been spending quite a bit of time up at our lake house working on our kitchen re-do.  It's almost done. Cabinets, hardware new floor and new appliances.  The final thing is ordering the new countertop.

Now, to start planning our excursions for our next cruise.

I'm glad Doug's health scare is behind you.  It's nice you've been able to enjoy time at your lake house, especially since you're doing a kitchen remodel.  I bet it looks great!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I know you said that you'd rather not do it, but we would do the one-way car rental when we were flying in.  We liked the freedom of having a car the night before.  We stayed in the Orlando area a couple of times and drove to the port the next morning.  If we did that, we used Enterprise since they are right by Gator's and it's easy to drop the luggage and everyone else first, before I returned the car and caught a shuttle back to the port.  We now drive to the port (about 3 hours away) but our kids are flying in to MCO for our next cruise.  They will get an Uber and stay near the port.  I'm not sure about price difference between renting, Uber, and shuttle, especially with more than just a couple of people (since the shuttle cost is per person).

Thanks. I'm like you in that I like the freedom a car provides and in the past, have done the one-way rental since we would stay in the Orlando area a few days pre-cruise & at the time, I could use a very sizable corporate discount to rent from Hertz.   But this time, I'm going directly from airport to hotel for a one night stay and then have the option of taking the hotels cruise port shuttle or having my friends that are cruising with me (and driving to the port) pick me up, although space is limited in their car & my check-in time is an hour earlier 🙂 10:30 am baby!!!!😁

The shuttle advertises the price as "starting as low was $30 pp" which probably makes it the cheapest option. But that's direct from airport to the cruise port, going to the hotel is extra. And the thought of the time wasted waiting to load all the passengers onto the bus & then going to a half-a-dozen hotels before mine is not appealing either. I'd gladly pay more for Uber or reconsider renting a car.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Sometimes I’ve only been asleep for a few hours. 😬  Have I ever said how much I hate getting up that early? 😁  

Wife is a early riser , I wake up on a cruise just with enough time to make it to breakfast.

5 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Thanks. I'm like you in that I like the freedom a car provides and in the past, have done the one-way rental since we would stay in the Orlando area a few days pre-cruise & at the time, I could use a very sizable corporate discount to rent from Hertz.   But this time, I'm going directly from airport to hotel for a one night stay and then have the option of taking the hotels cruise port shuttle or having my friends that are cruising with me (and driving to the port) pick me up, although space is limited in their car & my check-in time is an hour earlier 🙂 10:30 am baby!!!!😁

The shuttle advertises the price as "starting as low was $30 pp" which probably makes it the cheapest option. But that's direct from airport to the cruise port, going to the hotel is extra. And the thought of the time wasted waiting to load all the passengers onto the bus & then going to a half-a-dozen hotels before mine is not appealing either. I'd gladly pay more for Uber or reconsider renting a car.

we much rather use a Uber or Lyft, I don’t care for my wife driving and she doesn’t like mine. Plus we get lost easily I’d we don’t know the area. So if Uber is available we rather pay extra. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, George C said:

we much rather use a Uber or Lyft, I don’t care for my wife driving and she doesn’t like mine. Plus we get lost easily I’d we don’t know the area. So if Uber is available we rather pay extra. 

We love using Uber or Lyft and they both seem about the same.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

Hello Everyone,

I know it's been quite some time since I've posted.  I think it's been several months and see you've all been very busy chatting away.  

While I won't be able to go back and read the several hundred pages, I hope everyone is doing well, safe and healthy.

We've had a few bumps in the road recently.  Unfortunately, Doug had a health issue a while back and turned out he was bleeding internally.   After a 5-night hospital stay, running several tests and receiving 3 pints of blood, it was determined to be a reaction to some blood thinner medication he was on.  Once the medication was discontinued, he was quickly on the mend.  He did have to take a few rounds of iron infusions to get his blood count back up.   He's totally fine now and back to normal.

Now that things are back to normal, we've been spending quite a bit of time up at our lake house working on our kitchen re-do.  It's almost done. Cabinets, hardware new floor and new appliances.  The final thing is ordering the new countertop.

So glad to hear Doug is doing better. That must have been scary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I think it’s supposed to be a leaf or flower? But it reminds me of anatomy. 😂

Funny how some people see things one way and others see them a different way. I first thought it was a flower (guess because I love them), but I can totally see what you’re talking about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Occasionally there is a huge difference in price , wife will check both at least sometimes. Uber and Lyft are great when going to dinner and consuming a couple of drinks and some nice wine. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I think I've heard that proclamation more than once.😁

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Google Priscilla, Queen of the Rideshare Mafia. 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, h20skibum said:

What better way to spend a hot day, than on the water.  

IMG_1878.thumb.jpeg.f48fac3e84d272f75b1e40036441f778.jpeg

IMG_1881.thumb.jpeg.719f757869a7a3e59c6fef33670d4260.jpeg

Yeah, we brought a kneeboard out today, because one grandson wanted to give it a try.  Next time, we may bring the wakeboard for him to try.  

I remember reading about “Banana George” when I was younger, and he was skiing in his 70’s.  It seemed, as young kids, we were amazed that someone would be doing that at such an “old” age.  That was my goal, to be like him.  

After going down one of those rabbit holes, I had to look him up again, and he actually kept skiing into his 90’s. Now I have a new goal. 

IMG_1880.jpeg

I have never heard of a knee board before!  That must be fun!  Great way to spend these oppressively hot days!  Lucky kids!!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

My friends and I have decided to leave aside our country's "troubles" for a few hours and went to our favorite restaurant to catch up and celebrate 3 birthdays.

It was a lovely evening and I'm so glad we made it happen.

Sebastian -- July 14th.jpg

How wonderful that you and your friends had a great night out together while celebrating Birthdays, Dani!🌹

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@ValerieJo  So good to hear from you!  That must have been so scary for you and Doug.  I'm so glad that the problem was discovered and dealt with in the hospital.  Jim is on so many meds, I just asked him if he is on a blood thinner after reading about Doug, but he said no.  He takes low dose aspirin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Renee, I am so sorry that you are in such pain!  Best of luck with your MRI.  Unfortunate that it's scheduled so early....if it wasn't so darned noisy in the machine, you'd be able to take a nap!🙅‍♀️

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

OK y’all. These chairs. My boy and I laugh each time we pass them. 😉

IMG_7717.thumb.jpeg.6675129a8eb674b3660fb0d90aab2ecd.jpeg

So many unsafe comments could be made, but I’m going with movie props from the Little Shop of Horrors.

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

What is it?🫨

Venus human trap?

• Haha 11

5 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

Hello Everyone,

We are happy to read that things are on the track to improvement.  Think of you guys from across the border. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1