Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

I love dragonflies but not sure I would have liked being swarmed by them!🤣

It took me a minute to understand what's a dragonfly, so DH supplied me some pics he took a while ago in our neighboring park....

image.thumb.jpeg.a2947369ea23efc58a8e0b3ccee8e1c4.jpeg

_DSC7103.thumb.JPG.2a2fd364204eddd69e2e9c7bcc222a61.JPG

_DSC7116.thumb.JPG.ad148e9b612d3c0a5e53141d0a10dff5.JPG

• Like 24

@sea2shiningsea

Helen, I have been enjoying your wonderful pictures a lot every time! Thank you for taking us along. I would never have gone to Japan or Norway otherwise 😉😁

I just wanted to say that without quoting them again and again and jamming up the thread.
Where is your next cruise?

• Like 4

Told the grandkids they could wrap my spare change and take to the bank to get bills they could use for souvenirs.  

$247 later.  That weighs over 39 pounds. 

IMG_2043.thumb.jpeg.09f7f9a86f7504fb1284508c95c0901b.jpeg

That is almost like five Rickys. 

IMG_2042.thumb.jpeg.e3ffe738426115c9276f2b4f131b3b02.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

What a coincidence!!  We watched (the original cartoon version) of 101 Dalmatians last night!!  I love that movie!!!  (DH refers to it as “Too Many Dogs.”

Then, I wondered what that old lunch box was worth?  Looks like $10-$20.

I found an old play sword my son had in the mid 80’s.  Saw one of them online listed for $5,000.  Of course, my grandson says his dad’s sword is now his.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I am thankful we got the backyard fence now to keep the deer out. Last week Sharon saw this which is just a few houses from ours.  The deer are running towards the path that leads to our backyard!

These pics were taken yesterday down the street some.

IMG_8667.thumb.jpg.62ead9bb66598bf24ca99a3a37052ce7.jpg

image.thumb.png.3b38333fce473c08075633aa59b319bc.png

image.thumb.png.2c808b2cc128aea6fd0f9b9e2c5e02c2.png

image.thumb.png.cafeb2940c3306e31e04e84b2f41e744.png

• Like 25

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am thankful we got the backyard fence now to keep the deer out. Last week Sharon saw this which is just a few houses from ours.  The deer are running towards the path that leads to our backyard!

These pics were taken yesterday down the street some.

IMG_8667.thumb.jpg.62ead9bb66598bf24ca99a3a37052ce7.jpg

image.thumb.png.3b38333fce473c08075633aa59b319bc.png

image.thumb.png.2c808b2cc128aea6fd0f9b9e2c5e02c2.png

image.thumb.png.cafeb2940c3306e31e04e84b2f41e744.png

Oh, deer!  😄 😇

• Haha 17

Wow, that is a lot of deer.  Don’t usually see more than 3 or 4 in our yard.   They have been feasting on our hostas.  There are only a few left to eat now.  Which reminds me, I better spread some chemicals to keep them away from the few that are left. 

• Like 3

Before leaving on the Icon cruise I had my annual check up. When we got back, early February, we heard my family doctor fell and hit his head.  He had a brain hemorrhage.  He was moved to a hospital in Little Rock and remained there until about 2 weeks ago he was moved back to our local hospital.   We just heard he passed away Sunday.  He has been my doctor over 35 years. He was a great person and doctor. 

• Like 15

Good evening.

I had a nice breakfast overlooking the North sea this morning.

It has been sunny 72°F most of today.

I hope everyone is safe and well and y'all are having a fabulous day.

IMG_20240730_075103.jpg

• Like 14

9 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Before leaving on the Icon cruise I had my annual check up. When we got back, early February, we heard my family doctor fell and hit his head.  He had a brain hemorrhage.  He was moved to a hospital in Little Rock and remained there until about 2 weeks ago he was moved back to our local hospital.   We just heard he passed away Sunday.  He has been my doctor over 35 years. He was a great person and doctor. 

Sorry to read about that. Hopefully your new doctor will take care of you just as good as the previous one did.

I hope you are doing good and are getting ready for your cruise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am sorry John to hear of the passing of your doctor. I've been going to same doctor for over 26 years. He literally knows me inside and out. I don't know what I do if he wasn't around. I feel for you and am sorry for your loss.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I am ! hear of the passing of your doctor. I've been going to same doctor for over 26 years. He literally knows me inside and out. I don't know what I do if he wasn't around. I feel for you and am sorry for your loss.

He was my doctor for at least 35 years.  We came to know each other well when I was fighting kidney stones often.  I lost count how many times I ended up in the hospital.  He came to learn how Morphine was the only thing that took my pain away.  Anything else turned me into a mad drunk.  🥴 

One day I went to his office and told him that a stone was coming.  He told me that the hospital was overcrowded and that I will have to wait for a room. He said before going over he would give me Demerol. As he saw me bowing up he quickly said,  once we get you in a room we will get your Morphine!

It took a couple hours to get a room and I was hurting!  About 20 minutes later Sharon was on the right side of the bed and I told her, the stone must of stopped moving, it's not hurting.   The nurse, which I didn't hear come in said, "Good! It's all in!" I didn't know she was giving me Morphine.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Told the grandkids they could wrap my spare change and take to the bank to get bills they could use for souvenirs.  

$247 later.  That weighs over 39 pounds. 

IMG_2043.thumb.jpeg.09f7f9a86f7504fb1284508c95c0901b.jpeg

That is almost like five Rickys. 

IMG_2042.thumb.jpeg.e3ffe738426115c9276f2b4f131b3b02.jpeg

When are you all flying to Florida?  Have the best time on your cruise!🛳️

• Like 1