Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

DS is being extremely well looked after by the Fairmont Hotel group  since the evacuation.  I am very impressed especially given he and his colleagues are just seasonal workers.  

Jasper NP has been very impressive too with their  updates since the evacuation.  Informative and empathetic updates provided daily which cover all  the information people need and prevents rumours. Other big companies and organisations could learn how to communicate with the public from them.

I had to share this one from today, courtesy of the Municipality of Jasper - thought all the pet lovers here would appreciate this one.BDD13F2D-8ABF-48D7-AB74-9B2E216AE4D8.thumb.jpeg.b46b1e501a82b8a582083266ccc8faaf.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Yes, I am.  You and Marty should come join me.  It's a short flight. 😁

Woohoo!  It’s booked, Pat!  We are bringing along DS1/DDIL/DGS 😀 👶. Can’t wait to see you!  🍹

Edited by FromSea2ShiningSea
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

On 7/28/2024 at 2:42 AM, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Book it soon as rules are going to change, I think by 2026, with the ships that will be allowed to go in there.  We were on Jewel of the Seas.

Love Jewel, probably our fav smaller ship.  If we hadn't booked Serenade this summer I think I would of booked Jewel. The itineraries this year are very good and Amsterdam is easy for us to get too.

We try and keep from late July to early Sept at home to help out with grandchild care but it means we miss out on prime European cruising season.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Awake before sunrise 2 days in a row. This might become a trend.  And if so, I'll need to start booking hotels with a better view. 

20240802_061727.thumb.jpg.e0cca1155dbb92bca189c752b0da162c.jpg

The best time of day... before the sun comes up. Welcome to my world.🙂

I'm really glad you decided to get back into trying cruising again. I know you've had a bit of trepidation about the experience being different. I think you will come out of this very content and looking forward to the next one.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

The best time of day... before the sun comes up. Welcome to my world.🙂

I'm really glad you decided to get back into trying cruising again. I know you've had a bit of trepidation about the experience being different. I think you will come out of this very content and looking forward to the next one.

Thank you.  I've had some "moments" on this trip so far but most of the time, it's been happy anticipation. It feels nice to be an active participate in the cruising community vs passively living thru others or sharing experiences from years past. 

And had I not been hanging out on CC, not sure if I would have given it another try so thanks to you and all my virtual CC friends for helping me along.  I have Bella 2 booked & 2 more potential cruises on the horizon.

While we did not cross paths, it was nice knowing that another virtual friend  @h20skibum was in the nearby vicinity so we could virtually share our very real experiences.  I'm killing time until the hotel shuttle takes me to the terminal where I'll finally meet up with a group of friends, some of whom I had not seen in years.  I'll be sure to check in from time to time.

• Like 23

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Awake before sunrise 2 days in a row. This might become a trend.  And if so, I'll need to start booking hotels with a better view. 

20240802_061727.thumb.jpg.e0cca1155dbb92bca189c752b0da162c.jpg

I know that feeling. Nothing like that pre cruise excitement.

• Like 8

15 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@Coralc  I'm sorry you are hurting so very much, Patti.  Try not to stress over the house;  all in good time.  Right now you have to take care of yourself and get better.❤️

+1 @Coralc.

Sending healing prayers 🙏 to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Thank you.  I've had some "moments" on this trip so far but most of the time, it's been happy anticipation. It feels nice to be an active participate in the cruising community vs passively living thru others or sharing experiences from years past. 

And had I not been hanging out on CC, not sure if I would have given it another try so thanks to you and all my virtual CC friends for helping me along.  I have Bella 2 booked & 2 more potential cruises on the horizon.

While we did not cross paths, it was nice knowing that another virtual friend  @h20skibum was in the nearby vicinity so we could virtually share our very real experiences.  I'm killing time until the hotel shuttle takes me to the terminal where I'll finally meet up with a group of friends, some of whom I had not seen in years.  I'll be sure to check in from time to time.

Best wishes for an amazing time on your cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I was waving to you from the ship.  

IMG_2155.thumb.jpeg.3d91a005749ceed6916e00090af5c2fe.jpeg

It is showing us sailing at 4:00, but my guess is we will have to get our fat butt out of the way so you can make it through. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

It is showing us sailing at 4:00, but my guess is we will have to get our fat butt out of the way so you can make it through. 

Happy 44th wedding anniversary to Susan and yourself Mark.

Screenshot_20240802_172026.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

I hope everyone is safe and healthy.

We decided to go out for dinner last night.

IMG_20240801_182454.jpg

IMG_20240801_183952.jpg

IMG_20240801_192426.jpg

Good afternoon, Graham and Pauline!  What kind of soup am I looking at?  Is it some kind of tomato, with bacon on top??🤔  Perhaps a pumpkin soup?

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Good afternoon, Graham and Pauline!  What kind of soup am I looking at?  Is it some kind of tomato, with bacon on top??🤔  Perhaps a pumpkin soup?

It is tomato soup and was delicious.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I waved back but maybe you couldn't see it over that fat butt. 

20240802_114059.thumb.jpg.7f82288b9a8d5bde53a139deaab30431.jpg

• Haha 8