Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, dbancroft said:

We just sailed away. We did have a little Drama grandson is upset someone stole a magnet from their door before we even sailed a way. We had 2 on each door 3 left so far. Should have known it was going to happen it was pooh dressed as deadpool.

He has ever right to be upset.  I would be too!

Hope your cruise is filled with lots of fun and good weather😊

• Like 4

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

She isn’t much better.  Her doctor just prescribed a second antibiotic and we will see how she is tomorrow. I am getting worried she will end up in the hospital, so praying second meds work. Thanks for asking

😥

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy to hear she is home and hopefully feeling a little better. 

She is doing much better. She still has a strong cough. She just came over to visit!

At the hospital...

IMG_6279.thumb.jpg.8f609e41bd26a103699cc56989fa3a01.jpg

IMG_6292.thumb.jpg.20797d7027aefa8126375512e084c477.jpg

Back home Friday afternoon blowing bubbles.....

And now visiting us!

20240804_175106.thumb.jpg.505b9323aca176d8f8a58ce9536c178b.jpg

We will babysit her tomorrow. 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Emma loves her homemade frozen summertime treats.  They are just watermelon, blueberries, and (homegrown) mint blended and put into molds in the freezer.  

IMG_3476.thumb.jpeg.dbf4edd4f718b15ceb8d576c9407e745.jpeg

Sound delicious, I love the look on her face, patiently waiting for you to give her one🥰

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

She is doing much better. She still has a strong cough. She just came over to visit!

At the hospital...

And now visiting us!

Big hugs from our home. ❤️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

My DH and I were talking about our honeymoon trip to Bermuda in 1983 this morning.

We enjoyed that visit so much, we vacationed there 13 times with our last visit on a Celebrity cruise in June of 2023 for our 40th anniversary.

We took cruises to Bermuda and also had resort stays at the Elbow Beach hotel and the Southampton Princess-the big pink hotel up on the hill.

We felt that Bermuda was our secind home. 
We also used busses and the ferries to get around the islands that make up Bermuda and agree with others posting here that it is a great way to see the various neighborhoods, sites and water views.

At the Dockyard, there are usually a line of cabs available to take you to destinations or to offer sightseeing tours. We have always found the cab drivers to be professional and friendly with clean, comfortable cabs-usually van type vehicles.

Over the past 40 years, we have noticed changes-some hotels , shops and restaurants that were there when we first visited are gone or have changed ownership/management.

We always enjoyed shopping in Hamilton at Trimingham’s store and having tea and scones in their upstairs cafe.

We purchased some fine linens at the Irish Linen Shop and some decorative housewares at Bluck’s. All

those stores are gone now, replaced with financial companies.

What hasn’t changed are the beautiful beaches, turquoise water and stunning views.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

At the hospital...

And now visiting us!

It is so heartbreaking seeing the little ones not feeling well and even worse in the hospital.  My grandson spent a night a while back, not fun.  Hoping bubbles and pinwheels help.

@DaniDanielle hoping your granddaughter is feeling better soon as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Emma loves her homemade frozen summertime treats.  They are just watermelon, blueberries, and (homegrown) mint blended and put into molds in the freezer.  

IMG_3476.thumb.jpeg.dbf4edd4f718b15ceb8d576c9407e745.jpeg

What a great idea! What are the proportions? I would like to do this for Thor the next time he is here. 

What breed is Emma? She’s a beautiful girl.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

What a great idea! What are the proportions? I would like to do this for Thor the next time he is here. 

What breed is Emma? She’s a beautiful girl.

Thank you! 😊 Emma is an English Setter (“bench” setter).  Bench meaning she is from “show” lines rather than “field/hunting” lines.  

Recipe is super simple and you can adjust as needed depending on how much you need for your molds.  Search “silicone dog treat molds” on amazon if you need the molds.  We used equal parts fresh watermelon and blueberry and a just added whatever mint we could harvest the time ( not much).  We used a Ninja blender.  There are also recipes online that incorporate yogurt too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@aussielozzie18  Wow...that's a lot of sand that was lost in the storms!  Will they perhaps do some dredging, to help to replace what was lost?  We've watched dredging in Naples when our beaches needed sand replenishment.  (The beach does look pretty with the exposed rocks, though...🥰)

I think they are hoping it will naturally recover over time.  Kids were having a lot of fun jumping off the new big sand hills further along the beach and over the newly exposed rock platform, that’s for sure.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I was concerned about someone taking our Bella dog while on our cruise last year, also.  I do plan on bringing it along on our Bella 2.

Someone took our Bella Dog magnet off of our door on the Bella cruise.  Luckily our room steward found it and returned it to us.  It goes on the inside now.  

Our first cruise was Splendour of the Seas,  7 night Western Caribbean in 2005.

• Like 4

Our first cruise was Christmas on Rhapsody.  I decorated our cabin door with big Christmas decorations stuck on with blue tak.  Thankfully they stayed there for 9 nights.

Sorry the marvel magnets were taken.  That would be upsetting as they would have been unique & special.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

The Peak District is a lovely area too but much further south in England.

The Peak District is almost in the centre of England mainly in Derbyshire, it's the start of the Pennine chain of hills that extend up through Yorkshire and Northumberland into the Scottish Borders.

It's known has the backbone of England, I grew up in Derbyshire and spent my teenage years Cycling in the Peak District most weekends.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1