Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Keep an eye out for grey whales just off shore. They are migrating north with their calves this time of year. Our neighbor saw one breaching right near the light house point just 2 weeks ago when they were up there. :classic_biggrin: She said it was a most awesome birthday present! :classic_smile:

I will thanks.  🙂  It is pretty wild right now with that strong wind blowing off the ocean for the last few days.  Does make the white water dramatic when it crashes inland.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

I will thanks.  🙂  It is pretty wild right now with that strong wind blowing off the ocean for the last few days.  Does make the white water dramatic when it crashes inland.  

I think the winds are supposed to improve after today. Monday & Tuesday are supposed to be warmer then cooling a bit again. Enjoy the rest of your stay. You are in a beautiful area! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We have just been watching Jane McDonald on TV doing a Caribbean cruise on a Princess ship and now are watching a documentary on Gibraltar.

Stay safe everyone.

Graham.

I love Jane McDonald! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The transformation of Manhattan has been pretty impressive. Remember what the area around 42nd street used to be like? 

Many areas in NYC have been yuppified,Harlem in Manhattan,Bushwick,Bed Stuy and Crown Heights in Brooklyn.

9 hours ago, George C said:

House I grew up in was a brownstone in a so so neighborhood in Brooklyn that had 3 apartments sold for about 50k in 1970 is now worth a million. I call my 95 year old mom daily, she lives in Denver.

My parents were paying $110.00 a month for an apartment in Brooklyn that is now part of a condo selling for $875,000.

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The transformation of Manhattan has been pretty impressive. Remember what the area around 42nd street used to be like? 

I sure do.  One street peddler had a sign "Bloomingdale's Outdoor Outlet". Mike Bloomberg cleaned it all up when he was Mayor.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I had a female friend who lived on Grand St.The husband of one of my wife’s cousins owned a store on Grand St.that has been there forever,Harris Levy.I would think you would be familiar with the store.

I grew up on Grand St. in the Hillman Housing complex about 3 blocks from the East River.  I googled Harris Levy.  It's on Forsyth St.  I don't recall shopping on that street.

Edited by BonTexasNY

I did a drive by birthday for someone I know who turned 90 today. Along the way the ground was warm enough to steam against the cold air. 

AA6D4677-2ABA-478F-AB9C-A9418F9C4F48.thumb.jpeg.bd4992e0b301720575f5dcc2118c34c1.jpeg

Our local community is also having a sign war.  This was our landscaper’s response to the Golf Course and Country Club. 

6A3C8124-0319-4DE0-A58D-446D88BD05CA.thumb.jpeg.fbc7c26ab863c736ea519dc45c63c3d0.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I grew up on Grand St. in the Hillman Housing complex about 3 blocks from the East River.  I googled Harris Levy.  It's on Forsyth St.  I don't recall shopping on that street.

It is on Forsythe St.now but it was on Grand St nearly 100 years.

The Hillman Housing Complex was at 530D Grand St.I knew a girl living there in the mid 60’s.Her first name was Estelle.She was dating a guy named Richie .

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

It is on Forsythe St.now but it was on Grand St nearly 100 years.

The Hillman Housing Complex was at 530D Grand St.I knew a girl living there in the mid 60’s.Her first name was Estelle.She was dating a guy named Richie .

We lived in the 530F Grand St. bldg, other end of the D bldg. There were 3 triple core bldgs (shaped like an "E"} on Grand St. I don't think I knew an Estelle.

It’s finally done.  Took longer than expected because of the rocky soil around here.   DH had to resort to pulling out the jackhammer for several of the post holes.  We chose white vinyl fence along the front edge, where the driveway is, for privacy.  Next up is fence around the mechanicals, landscaping & outdoor furniture.  We may end up with bargain basement stuff this year as shopping at the patio furniture stores has taught me that everything is on back order, due to pandemic mfg’ing delays 🤷🏻‍♀️.  Here are a few pictures of the process, from tree removal last June to now.  

51E6A55E-6DA4-4BA8-AF41-A0108EDE634A.jpeg

BC09037D-DEDE-4BA5-A14B-4FDC54F7095F.jpeg

9375CEBD-2B4C-48F1-BE91-35763B069681.jpeg

8B3E204A-A178-4ECA-8249-6F599DD36EB9.jpeg

• Like 21

2 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

It’s finally done.  Took longer than expected because of the rocky soil around here.   DH had to resort to pulling out the jackhammer for several of the post holes.  We chose white vinyl fence along the front edge, where the driveway is, for privacy.  Next up is fence around the mechanicals, landscaping & outdoor furniture.  We may end up with bargain basement stuff this year as shopping at the patio furniture stores has taught me that everything is on back order, due to pandemic mfg’ing delays 🤷🏻‍♀️.  Here are a few pictures of the process, from tree removal last June to now.  

Beautiful.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Impressive transformation!  Looks great.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Looks great.  It is not just the pavers we have in common, we also have the same stairs, and liner too.  Great minds.  We never put a ladder at our stair edge, but one day we could.  

Did you use the large rocks dug from the pool, to make a line along the back edge of of the bush?

Some plastic furniture for this year could work well and can be extra chairs and table for next year.  

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Cool to see the transformation. Looks great!

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Looks lovely, pavers look great too!

• Thanks 1