Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

26 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Went to vote, weather is horrible and I am missing summer😢

How were the lines?  I think this is the 2nd year New York has had early voting. My neighbor tried to go on Saturday morning and turned around as the line stretched as far as the eye could see. I heard 3+ hour wait, not fun in a cold drizzling rain.

So glad I did absentee ballot. Took it to the Board of Elections office and was in&out less than 10 minutes.

5 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We were in and out, 15 minutes at the most.  We are also on Staten Island which is not as crazy as the rest of the City😷

I'm about an hour north of the city. A county of 100,000 people, yet they decided to have all the early voting at one location instead of having people go to their usual polling place at whatever school, town office, etc you live closest to. Lot's of confusion.

Clearly, they where not expecting this kind of turnout.

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

@island lady

Were you headed South on 95 about 1145-1200?  I think I saw your Land Yacht with your stuff in tow headed South. Looked like your rig. I was headed up to Bruce Rossmeyer’s Daytona Harley-Davidson. 

M8

Not sure what day you are talking about, but we came down on Saturday (the 17th) from State Road 50 headed down I-95 to St. Lucie for an overnight before getting to the Keys on the 18th.  Those bright red and orange kayaks on top of Bucky's Jeep do stand out quite a bit.  😉  We were probably passing the HD shop in Palm Bay at that time though (Space Coast HD).  

There were quite a bit of bikes that came in on that Sunday the 18th into the RV park here.  Most of them left yesterday.  

Edited by island lady
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We were in and out, 15 minutes at the most.  We are also on Staten Island which is not as crazy as the rest of the City😷

Here in Queens, the simplest way was the absentee ballot.  Applied for online and mailed back.

1 minute ago, yogimax said:

Here in Queens, the simplest way was the absentee ballot.  Applied for online and mailed back.

Me too.  Easy peasy...though really didn't have a choice.  We left for the Keys on the 17th, with early voting in our area not starting until the 19th.   Simple to mail it in...and I do think you can check online to be sure your mail in vote was received and recorded.  Have not tried it yet, but I may get curious and check it out. 

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Me too.  Easy peasy...though really didn't have a choice.  We left for the Keys on the 17th, with early voting in our area not starting until the 19th.   Simple to mail it in...and I do think you can check online to be sure your mail in vote was received and recorded.  Have not tried it yet, but I may get curious and check it out. 

Florida will be critical in this year's election.  Every vote matters.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/25/2020 at 2:18 PM, molly361 said:

My sister and mother who live in NY have NEVER pumped their own gas.  That said I have not pumped my own gas in over 10 years (that's Dan's job) and not sure if I remember how either.  Not sure if still true but I believe in NJ you are not allowed to pump your own gas  There are no full serve gas stations where I live so some day I may have to figure it out.  Oh wait, I'll get an electric car, problem solved😇

You have to plug it in😉

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Mine shows received, but still not counted

• Like 1

Not sure what day you are talking about, but we came down on Saturday (the 17th) from State Road 50 headed down I-95 to St. Lucie for an overnight before getting to the Keys on the 18th.  Those bright red and orange kayaks on top of Bucky's Jeep do stand out quite a bit.  😉  We were probably passing the HD shop in Palm Bay at that time though (Space Coast HD).  

There were quite a bit of bikes that came in on that Sunday the 18th into the RV park here.  Most of them left yesterday.  

It was this morning so it wasn’t you. Looked just like the pictures you posted. 

Sorry

Yes you can. My Mom, who lives in Titusville, voted by absentee. I check the status twice a day for her. It’s been received but not yet counted. They have had it over a week now. I wonder when they will count them?  If you’re Brevard, I can provide the link. 

M8

I'm still waiting to receive my ballot.  I called last week and was told they mailed on 10.21.  If I dont receive by end of this week then I have to go to my local county courthouse and do in person option.  I heard there has been about 200 people in line on a regular basis.  Ugghhh!!  I work full time, hopefully I can do on an extended lunch break.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Or Limoncello 

This in no way resembles the process they were using in Sorrento.  Are you sure you aren't making lemon moonshine?

@singinalot do you remember mason jars? I remember reading your review and asking you a lot of questions, as we did the same cruise a year after you guys did. 

2 minutes ago, singinalot said:

absolutely! 🙂 funny, I just found myself staring at all of our magnets on the fridge and wishing we were putting new ones on this year. We were also at Costco earlier and one of their giant tvs had the Colosseum on it. I see travel everywhere 😭

@John&LaLa I guess I stand corrected.  She says there were mason jars.  

We have a large magnet collection from that trip too.  Each Greek Island, Multiple Athens, Several Rome, Naples, Amalfi, Cinque Terra (5), and Pisa.  Oddly enough, as much as we have been to the Caribbean I don't think we have a single magnet.

• Like 2