Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

Losing them is so hard. We fostered a litter of 9 lab puppies 13 years ago, became foster failures and kept 2. Max passed away in August from Laryngeal paralysis and Mia lost her battle with cancer 2 weeks ago. We have 2 Newfoundlands and the house is so quiet.

We have had so many pets of our own and fostered even more so I'm like you with never being without pets in my life. The 2 we have now will be our last. I love them dearly but I need to travel for longer than a week and not have to worry about them. 

I hear you...and feel the same pain.  It was tough to hold onto the idea of going without a fur baby to love, and still is.  But, like you...I did not feel right leaving them for more than a week, even with the world's best pet sitter (who used to send me 4-5 pictures everyday with her emails).   

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We can’t all live where it doesn’t snow. 

New roads in our development are open for traffic. Lots of sand blows on them due to all the construction. Can make it a little treacherous 😉

Bell and I are learning to drift in the golf cart

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

New roads in our development are open for traffic. Lots of sand blows on them due to all the construction. Can make it a little treacherous 😉

Bell and I are learning to drift in the golf cart

Drifting...LOL!!   I think some of the residents in our community do a lot of that.  Eeekkk..have to jump off the road during my early morning walks sometimes when they come at me with their golf carts down the road!  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Our beloved cat, Amelia the Beautiful, died last year.  We travel so much (um, excuse me, now past tense 😢) that we thought we’d be better off not getting another cat.  It was bittersweet packing for our last cruise this past January and not getting the cold shoulder when the suitcases came out.  

By May I was so shriveled by loneliness with zero social life , activities or travel that I went to the shelter and adopted two cats.  I am now a Happy Crazy Cat lady taking too many photos and videos.

image.thumb.jpeg.c3b4bfcd221067f87d358a88e4bc68fa.jpeg

Love the kitties.  How is the personality of the tortie?  They are known for very strong personalities.  I have a 16 year old tortie (along with 5 other cats) and although she has mellowed with age, in her younger years, she would not hesitate to hiss at any stranger.  She was lovable with her family, but let a stranger walk in the house and she turned into a terror.  

Well this week is dedicated to all RESPIRATORY THERAPIST AS WELL AS RESPIRATORY ASSOCIATES.

So in honor of their front line dedication during this pandemic and even before the crisis began, we are recognizing their unselfish dedication.

Some say it is their job.

But I say it is their profession.

So few people even knew they even existed before COVID.

But I did.

I am married to the best manager around.(We met at the hospital we both work at, I was a nurse anesthetist.)

He has not called off in over 20 years for himself, and only missed work with bereavement of family members.

Their profession ranks up there with Registered Nurses as far as education, continuing education and board certification.

So today I got up at 6am. to make a  feast for 35 of his employees.

To start with wedding soup

Caesar salad

Pasta with meatballs

Garlic rolls

Cupcakes

House smells really garlicky 

Off to deliver soon.

Stay healthy

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I didn't quote your pic, but I wanted to say that I like your arm chair (English manor like) and the fabric (cloth?).

We used to have the same, but now, with two grand kids, such a fabric/color is not "practical" 😁.

If you enlarge the photo you will see some kneading damage...  A kitten was recently added to the mix and the chair is now draped in protective towels.  I’d forgotten the kitten proofing requirements...  Clear mantels and table tops, close off certain rooms, no defrosting on the counters, resign yourself to either replacing sofas or embracing shabby chic...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1