Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Busy day. Barn is half swept. 

Still have to clean up this side where we store hay. Lucy hung out with me for the day but we leave this barn locked up when we aren’t in it so I needed to find her. It took a few minutes.  Can you find her?

There you are. 

After a few minutes of coaxing she came down. 

Corn harvest started yesterday afternoon as well. 50 acres down and our last 70 acres to go hopefully tomorrow.

Reading your posts and seeing your pictures makes me 1. Feel Lazy and 2. Think "You deserve a cruise"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, singinalot said:

we were supposed to have arrived in Barcelona today for our TA on Allure 😭😭😭

It was supposed to be Amped too. I was really looking forward to Portside BBQ and Playmakers. I bought 2 tubes of Pillsbury corn muffin rolls today to compensate. We will make our own BBQ ribs this weekend.  It is sad, it was supposed to be our big retirement cruise. I might buy a new (used) car this weekend. 😊

• Like 4

12 hours ago, island lady said:

Aww...pile of super cute Tabbies!!   Purrrrrrrr.......  🙂  

Seriously American ‘National Cat Day’!  

We just adopted a little tabby girl  yesterday as we had to say goodbye to our black and white boy two weeks ago.  We missed him too much.

We were supposed to get her on Saturday from a nearby town in Spain, but the Spanish Govt has put in place a travel ban so we got her on 29th.  

She has already adapted to our home, we need to be picky about the character because we live on the 6th floor so they have to be 100% indoor cats.  Not ideal but better than a life in a cage in the shelter.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We're looking at renting a house in the Keys as a possible 4 couples trip in early February.  Key West is naturally a little pricier and the houses are smaller.  Where in the Keys would you recommend?  Marathon Key is a definite possibility.  Somewhere with a beach where you can walk and swim would be nice, but I don't know if that's really an option in the Keys.

Agree about Key West.  We used to love it there years ago, now it is just too crowded...basically one big tourist trap.  We love the middle Keys, with Marathon being our favorite.  

Yes, beaches are not a big draw in the Keys, mostly thick tangled Mangrove islands and shorelines.  Really big for fishing, snorkeling/diving and boating though.  Lots of lobster taps everywhere (though we are not a fan of the "warm water" tails, we save that appetite for trips to Maine).  🙂 

There actually is one small nice beach in Marathon, not a lot of tourists know about, at Sombrero Beach.  It's quite nice, sandy with good facilities and free!  

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, yogimax said:

So sorry for your loss.  I love the name Moggy.  They truly become part of the family.

This has been a fairly easy process.  Dubinsky is a friendly cat to begin with and Olive sort of adopted us.  Our cats have been the reason we don't go on longer cruises but that's o.k..

I can't take the whole credit for Moggy's name.  We brought her directly into the Vet's office (before I would expose her to Katie) to have her checked out.  The Vet's tech was of British decent and told us all Tabbies in England are called "Moggies" for the big "M" on their forehead.  So...she was named Moggy on the spot.  But for some reason never had a British accent Meow.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Domino D said:

There is  Like, Thank You, and Laugh.  2020 requires a "Sorry" button

@island lady seems the closest to cruising, although @A&L_Ont is sweeping out the barn and trying to avoid black lung, so the bar was kind of low. 

Just waiting to have the hammer fall on my future "soon to be cancelled" 12/6 Harmony cruise...and probably the Freedom B2B in January as well...and most definitely know the cancellation of the Aussie legs (2/10/21) around the same time.  Sigh...  Will be lucky if our 25th anniversary cruise will happen on Allure 5/30/21.  😮 

No need to bottle the first batch of Limoncello 

We drank it all🤣🤣

It was a big hit. 👍

Tomorrow I will bottle the second batch, which is tecnically the second half of the first batch😉

Already planning 4th batch. May stick with vodka 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, singinalot said:

to buy 👏

Ahh...welcome to Florida.  🙂  

We are looking in the opposite direction, have been studying small homes/cabins online for sale in Maine for months now.  Already have the Florida house, and then used to go to Maine every summer in the motor home...thinking we may want to make life easier (the drive up there is getting to be just too scary).  So simply flying up there every year, may be just the thing.  

We have four different houses rented for the whole summer of 2021 up there now, pick up a long term rental car, and enjoy the more relaxing way to get there.  Will be looking at houses while we are there.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We drank it all🤣🤣

It was a big hit. 👍

Tomorrow I will bottle the second batch, which is tecnically the second half of the first batch😉

And that was with the cheap alcohol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We drank it all🤣🤣

It was a big hit. 👍

Did you already post your recipe someplace John?  Looks like something interesting to try.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Did you already post your recipe someplace John?  Looks like something interesting to try.

20201030_105124.thumb.jpg.076ea166126a50b23b6e6b9d1b09079e.jpg

Started soaking peels in 80 proof vodka on Oct 16. Added sugar water on Oct 28. Added 4 ounces fresh lemon juice as well.  Put in fridge for 36 hours. Will blend another batch tomorrow, then bottle it next week

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

She has already adapted to our home, we need to be picky about the character because we live on the 6th floor so they have to be 100% indoor cats.  Not ideal but better than a life in a cage in the shelter.  

Same here.  We live in new York City and outdoor cats don't survive very long.  We just rescued one from outside our house and she is adapting very well to her new big brother.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, island lady said:

Just waiting to have the hammer fall on my future "soon to be cancelled" 12/6 Harmony cruise...and probably the Freedom B2B in January as well...and most definitely know the cancellation of the Aussie legs (2/10/21) around the same time.  Sigh...  Will be lucky if our 25th anniversary cruise will happen on Allure 5/30/21.  😮 

9 hours ago, island lady said:

Bucky toasting the sunset here on Marathon Key last night.  

20201029_183933.jpg

Should have been clearer.  Where you guys are now, is the closest I've seen to what it's like on a cruise.  

Cheers to you both, enjoy those sunsets for me.  Were cleaning up hurricane debris in the yard. 

Hope Bucky did a termite check on that log.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, singinalot said:

well, found another show we haven’t yet watched. we’re now on episode 3 of the Last Kingdom. 🤷‍♀️

tomorrow we head to Buena Vista, CO for a day trip...taking the drone for sure. They have an actual drone park from what I hear 😍

We have a drone course at our community 😉

• Like 1