Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Went on a road trip this morning to our local meat packers. Saw this when I got there. Yup, that’s snow. 

923C20BA-DDDE-4FAF-A1C0-782350B175CA.thumb.jpeg.c7d756e5d007ad24aeb54743614686ec.jpeg

3 hours later I returned with some goodies. The lady that runs the retail store is the matriarch of the business. She might be in her mid 70s to 80s, but she is the “real boss” and even the government inspectors treat her like gold.

18 strips and 18 ribeyes, aged and vacuumed sealed. She asks how far you have travelled and then gives you some freebies. How far dictates the freebies.

She gave us 12 oz ribeyes even though the box says 10oz and filled the paper bag with more.  Cash only in this store. 🙂

650CB4FD-8784-4BB2-B429-325FBF53ABD3.thumb.jpeg.aa1662004984545bd7dc26d00ea1150c.jpeg

And these were the goodies in the bag. I love this lady, old school European and she gives away meat. I mean the only thing that would make it better is if she gave away cruises.

73948B3A-8193-476D-81DC-565080E91A9C.thumb.jpeg.3ac96fe7b14a271238bdb8ee99fba5cf.jpeg

After lunch I finished the barn. 

F23C1AF9-671D-4474-B2F0-882F4A902395.thumb.jpeg.f568fb1d19b978f783dc6b4f5b7051f8.jpeg

Lucy assumed her position. Look to the right on the bales. 

056AE831-426F-4836-903F-847A8A1E931E.thumb.jpeg.fc215c86fd995f4de773e7771b832966.jpeg

She refused to come down so she was locked in.

30F2CDA7-980C-4FE6-A536-6E5FD8F10BE9.thumb.jpeg.7cf5f1bc033189b575b49268d2bf4542.jpeg

Neighbour’s are busy with in their field. 

57B7DF80-E456-4447-B1F2-AF50DD8453B8.thumb.jpeg.1ae57c07fd941103108a25bf070e126e.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4

After supper pumpkins done.  On a good year we get 8 kids, who knows about 2020.

BD29C62B-4939-4BBB-B726-1A763D6C808F.thumb.jpeg.83ba67a6c11dc93bd51558812367dd98.jpeg

Lucy still wasn’t ready to come down, she hadn’t moved at all. I think I’m getting the stink eye for turning the lights on and waking her. 

Tomorrow she will be ready. 

AA484269-0CC7-490E-8A8F-5A966C4B8145.thumb.jpeg.c14333b89d9c940ab521400efb1330b7.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

That is not a dusting. 😱

We were forecast for a dusting to an inch with the western parts of Massachusetts predicted to get 3 to 4.  They ended up with 7 to 8 inches.  Temperatures stayed lower than expected.  Luckily for me, my son was home today and took care of it so my DH could get up the driveway after work.  He shoveled it all but could have pulled out the snow blower as the neighbors did.  Going to be an interesting Halloween if it all doesn't melt tomorrow.

42 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Its part of the 14 acre RC airplane facility. They also have a couple of race tracks. Expensive hobby

Oh, my husband would love it there.  He spends a good portion of his day building and flying huge RC planes.  Yes, the hobby is expensive, but I say it's cheaper than a psychiatrist.  20201030_221915.thumb.jpg.15f2366d18b97a66a364e5b719843384.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 10/28/2020 at 8:58 AM, island lady said:

LOL...Nothing like the soft sound of purring in your ear...versus the snoring of the DH.  😮😉 

I would love to be able to have the 3 cats sleep with us. Mike is very allergic to them so the bedroom is a big no no. When he's gone I will sometimes sleep on the couch with them. 😽

On 10/28/2020 at 9:38 AM, John&LaLa said:

Blending the Limoncello 

20201028_093701.thumb.jpg.971d4472f21ead0712cd7749a16548c3.jpg

Do you reuse the lemon peels? Mine is still sitting in the cabinet. I think I'll try it in a couple of weeks. I want mine to taste very lemony.

On 10/28/2020 at 10:32 AM, helen haywood said:

If you enlarge the photo you will see some kneading damage...  A kitten was recently added to the mix and the chair is now draped in protective towels.  I’d forgotten the kitten proofing requirements...  Clear mantels and table tops, close off certain rooms, no defrosting on the counters, resign yourself to either replacing sofas or embracing shabby chic...

The last stray we took in started scratching on a corner of a leather sofa. We bought a scratching post and put it up against the corner. Problem solved. When the post is moved around the living room she will seek it out to scratch on it.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, yogimax said:

Same here.  We live in new York City and outdoor cats don't survive very long.  We just rescued one from outside our house and she is adapting very well to her new big brother.

I had not really given a thought to how many inside cats exist across the world.   I don’t feel so bad for mine now.  

This one is so little, looks just like yours in your picture.    She has been with us for 36 hours and already comes to see me if I call her name!    At least we have something special happening this week.  We would normally have been travelling to Barcelona for a Western Med cruise on the Epic.   I am going to spending the whole week thinking ‘today I would be boarding’, ‘today we would have been at sea’, today we would be in Naples’ ...  

I wonder if we will ever go again.  

6CF687E9-FF54-452D-9EFF-F47C60C5BAB9.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

This is what we ended up with for snow. So much for a dusting. 

The best is seeing the sea from your veranda with a chilled glass of wine.

2nd best is same, but without the wine.

3rd will be b'fast with coffee.

You get my drift.

And, then, much more down the list, there is seeing the sea from the beach....

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Do you reuse the lemon peels? Mine is still sitting in the cabinet. I think I'll try it in a couple of weeks. I want mine to taste very lemony.

I did dump the peel from this batch into other jar of vodka. I will blend it today

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I did dump the peel from this batch into other jar of vodka. I will blend it today

That's what I was thinking of doing. Want to get every bit out of them that I can. I can't wait for the cooler weather to get here. So tired of the heat and the rain every day.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

Yesterday it was a bit brisk for Florida weather. Long sleeve when riding. Today and going forward, more Winter in the air. 

We worked with a new rider yesterday in the cones. I did the video. Instruction/coaching from RideMasters USA. 

Today and tomorrow, we will be on the “pad” training new riders. This is more advanced skills training than the basic license endorsement class. The skills we teach might help save your life on two wheels. 

M8

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

You must be freezing. 😉

Skipped the pool yesterday, will go this afternoon after the GA game.

Tonight is Missouri - Florida.🏈

Gainsville is about 45 minutes north.

I was hoping to go tailgate, but that aint happening😓

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

That's what I was thinking of doing. Want to get every bit out of them that I can. I can't wait for the cooler weather to get here. So tired of the heat and the rain every day.

I just blended the 2nd batch. Filtered out the pulp this time. I'll filter again when I bottle it 

11 hours ago, singinalot said:

well, found another show we haven’t yet watched. we’re now on episode 3 of the Last Kingdom. 🤷‍♀️

We're wrapping up (unfortunately) the last season of Episodes on Netflix.  Laugh out loud funny, so long as you're not easily offended (I warned you!).  I'd never heard of it but it ran for 5 seasons on Showtime starring Matt LeBlanc as himself.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Yesterday it was a bit brisk for Florida weather. Long sleeve when riding. Today and going forward, more Winter in the air. 

We worked with a new rider yesterday in the cones. I did the video. Instruction/coaching from RideMasters USA. 

Today and tomorrow, we will be on the “pad” training new riders. This is more advanced skills training than the basic license endorsement class. The skills we teach might help save your life on two wheels. 

M8

IMG_8007.MOV

My Dh did one of those advanced courses with our son when he wanted to learn how to ride Dads bike.  He thought the course was very helpful and informative for both of them.  That's great you do that!

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

That is quite the bike for learning to ride. 😱

They did well though. Must be the instructors.

• Like 1