Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

21 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

They definitely own me!

Lucy too for me. I was coming home today and she was by the neighbour’s house in the ditch. I stopped and called her over. I picked her up and gave her a ride home for the 1/4 mile on my lap in the truck. Uber driver for the farm cat was one of my jobs today. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Not owned by pets any longer, not since my beautiful girls were taken by the demon cancer, passing away a year apart of each other.   Have been sans pets now for almost 2 years (first time in my life)....decided against getting any more until we get the longer cruises done that have been on our bucket list.  Booked quite a few for the next couple of years...of course now what happens?  Ugg....

I miss being "owned by pets" now.  😞  I miss my little fur babies something awful.  

Our beloved cat, Amelia the Beautiful, died last year.  We travel so much (um, excuse me, now past tense 😢) that we thought we’d be better off not getting another cat.  It was bittersweet packing for our last cruise this past January and not getting the cold shoulder when the suitcases came out.  

By May I was so shriveled by loneliness with zero social life , activities or travel that I went to the shelter and adopted two cats.  I am now a Happy Crazy Cat lady taking too many photos and videos.

image.thumb.jpeg.c3b4bfcd221067f87d358a88e4bc68fa.jpeg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Not owned by pets any longer, not since my beautiful girls were taken by the demon cancer, passing away a year apart of each other.   Have been sans pets now for almost 2 years (first time in my life)....decided against getting any more until we get the longer cruises done that have been on our bucket list.  Booked quite a few for the next couple of years...of course now what happens?  Ugg....

I miss being "owned by pets" now.  😞  I miss my little fur babies something awful.  

Losing them is so hard. We fostered a litter of 9 lab puppies 13 years ago, became foster failures and kept 2. Max passed away in August from Laryngeal paralysis and Mia lost her battle with cancer 2 weeks ago. We have 2 Newfoundlands and the house is so quiet.

We have had so many pets of our own and fostered even more so I'm like you with never being without pets in my life. The 2 we have now will be our last. I love them dearly but I need to travel for longer than a week and not have to worry about them. 

• Like 2

I have a 22 yr old kitty who is my big baby.   I had her Mom and she lived to be 21 and died from bladder cancer.    

My girl, Splashes, tends to sneak out of the fence by digging a hole.   She did this yesterday morning while I was getting ready for work then I spent 1/2 hr in pouring rain looking for her in neighbors yards as I didn't want to leave her outside in the rain all day.      I know she will be gone someday and I will be very very sad  so for now I enjoy her presence every day.   she lays on pillow every night and purrs me to sleep (my DH doesn't do that!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

I am now a Happy Crazy Cat lady taking too many photos and videos.

I didn't quote your pic, but I wanted to say that I like your arm chair (English manor like) and the fabric (cloth?).

We used to have the same, but now, with two grand kids, such a fabric/color is not "practical" 😁.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Try crazy glue on the cracked skin by your nails....works wonders.

I use a 3M product that does a similar job and it helps.  They used to be much worse when I had to fix cattle water troughs when it was -15.  The cold and water did my hands no favours.  Now throw in extra sanitizer and it is the perfect storm. 

We saw some snow flakes here about 20 minutes ago, thankfully they disappeared.  I guess this should have been a sign in Lisa’s car a couple hours ago.

80F25127-4939-43EE-AC32-FF36721755A4.thumb.jpeg.3a4c5a0e522020a41ffe30b382971eea.jpeg

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

I use a 3M product that does a similar job and it helps.  They used to be much worse when I had to fix cattle water troughs when it was -15.  The cold and water did my hands no favours.  Now throw in extra sanitizer and it is the perfect storm. 

We saw some snow flakes here about 20 minutes ago, thankfully they disappeared.  I guess this should have been a sign in Lisa’s car a couple hours ago.

80F25127-4939-43EE-AC32-FF36721755A4.thumb.jpeg.3a4c5a0e522020a41ffe30b382971eea.jpeg

You can keep those flakes, planning on putting Vikkis snow tires on this weekend, put Sarah’s on a couple weeks ago when she was home for fall reading week.

My hands get beat up year round.  Drywall and concrete suck the moisture right out of them...thank goodness there is less of that work that I’m doing now. 

11 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Here in Ohio we live in the snow belt area and get affected by lake effect snow from Lake Erie.

But temps usually stay in the teens to 20's unless it is a warmer winter.

It is not uncommon to wake up with 1-3 feet of snow on the ground.

We used to throw a heavy quilt on the ground outside the back house door.

It would catch all the snow, we would then remove it and our beagle Martha, would go on the clear grass and make her deposit.

Worked for us.

Stay healthy.

My Father used to do something similar but he used a shower curtain.   

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can keep those flakes, planning on putting Vikkis snow tires on this weekend, put Sarah’s on a couple weeks ago when she was home for fall reading week.

My hands get beat up year round.  Drywall and concrete suck the moisture right out of them...thank goodness there is less of that work that I’m doing now. 

LOL, I want to send them somewhere else.  Next week is snow tire swap for us too. I got all my outside work done before the rain started to fall which was nice. Yesterday was not as nice.

Hopefully tomorrow afternoon I can find some spare time to kick back and listen to Coffee Talk. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Snow tires?

I’m guessing a keyboard is more friendly than the construction. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1

Update on making my home more like a cruise.  Today the cruise in my mind was in Nassau, so I stayed onboard. 

I put my monitor in the window with a picture of Atlantis in the distance as the screen saver.  Then I laid on the bed, set the back massager on high, and laid it on my back.  After the massage, I put a variety of left overs on the kitchen island, taped two paint stir sticks to the counter top and stretched plastic wrap around them, sneeze guard.  I washed my hands in the sink, and then my wife insisted I take some hand sanitizer  even though I had just washed my hands, before I was allowed to eat.  Luckily I found a seat outside. On the odd side, the Captain announced that there would be no dinner in the main dining room tonight, so I guess it's back to the buffet.  When I asked the Captain why this was happening, she replied "Because I've had a long day."  Honestly, I may need to contact corporate if this keeps up.  

So to recap, I had a massage in the spa followed by lunch in the buffet.  Then I took advantage of the strong wifi signal and got some work done.  Tomorrow is a sea day.  Oh boy, can't wait. 

Edited by Domino D
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Every spring and fall our local auction house has a farm consignment sale. In the spirit of Covid cleaning I took it upon myself to clean up the back barn. With the cattle gone for a few years some items were just hanging around. 

25 gates. 

EEA0639D-A2A2-4F5A-91DD-5DED6A28FB61.thumb.jpeg.d92476072a198560c6913ff43d7a3eed.jpeg

gate flair

3EBD6C82-3316-4DE7-A658-AC94A10732B8.thumb.jpeg.3a79c297cfe132082a1a1ea23aa983d0.jpeg

custom man gates

F87F079C-EF7F-4E76-B529-CDC28AC65A89.thumb.jpeg.72541879bcb3405f4e23c62207d428cd.jpeg

Feeder troughs went and the trailer they are sitting on is sold too. It’s going to local Mennonites who have construction company. The new aluminum trailer is hiding behind it. 

EB7C34FE-590D-47F1-9925-F8EF8F887BBF.thumb.jpeg.671f2295af1d9a5ed5e12c86a92b3e53.jpeg

and more feeders

38DB543E-329E-40D2-932D-733494942161.thumb.jpeg.ca8ed2af11a6a7dfb45877bbae5ea58a.jpeg

A neighbour bought our old small dump wagon when he heard it was going. I picked a lot of stone by hand in my teen years behind this wagon. A hundred acre farm after it was tiled and that was thankless job. I delivered it to free up space. 

8C809B8D-7FFD-4CEB-9EC7-FB8CC71C98AD.thumb.jpeg.eedfc9414ff950107d4f1512ffec4962.jpeg

And I’m left with some free space on this side. Going to sweep it up and reorganize what’s left. Almost done. Love to spend the auction money on a cruise but that might take some time. 

6DB06B3B-ED65-4C92-B722-B1EB9332E627.thumb.jpeg.fb2be18ed3ae216b3ee1870153a56820.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Every spring and fall our local auction house has a farm consignment sale. In the spirit of Covid cleaning I took it upon myself to clean up the back barn. With the cattle gone for a few years some items were just hanging around. 

25 gates. 

EEA0639D-A2A2-4F5A-91DD-5DED6A28FB61.thumb.jpeg.d92476072a198560c6913ff43d7a3eed.jpeg

gate flair

3EBD6C82-3316-4DE7-A658-AC94A10732B8.thumb.jpeg.3a79c297cfe132082a1a1ea23aa983d0.jpeg

custom man gates

F87F079C-EF7F-4E76-B529-CDC28AC65A89.thumb.jpeg.72541879bcb3405f4e23c62207d428cd.jpeg

Feeder troughs went and the trailer they are sitting on is sold too. It’s going to local Mennonites who have construction company. The new aluminum trailer is hiding behind it. 

EB7C34FE-590D-47F1-9925-F8EF8F887BBF.thumb.jpeg.671f2295af1d9a5ed5e12c86a92b3e53.jpeg

and more feeders

38DB543E-329E-40D2-932D-733494942161.thumb.jpeg.ca8ed2af11a6a7dfb45877bbae5ea58a.jpeg

A neighbour bought our old small dump wagon when he heard it was going. I picked a lot of stone by hand in my teen years behind this wagon. A hundred acre farm after it was tiled and that was thankless job. I delivered it to free up space. 

8C809B8D-7FFD-4CEB-9EC7-FB8CC71C98AD.thumb.jpeg.eedfc9414ff950107d4f1512ffec4962.jpeg

And I’m left with some free space on this side. Going to sweep it up and reorganize what’s left. Almost done. Love to spend the auction money on a cruise but that might take some time. 

6DB06B3B-ED65-4C92-B722-B1EB9332E627.thumb.jpeg.fb2be18ed3ae216b3ee1870153a56820.jpeg

Are you secretly clearing space for a flowrider🤣

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Are you secretly clearing space for a flowrider🤣

Those LED floods would help for night riding. If I start buying water heaters, a blast furnace and another large generator you might be onto something. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Our beloved cat, Amelia the Beautiful, died last year.  We travel so much (um, excuse me, now past tense 😢) that we thought we’d be better off not getting another cat.  It was bittersweet packing for our last cruise this past January and not getting the cold shoulder when the suitcases came out.  

By May I was so shriveled by loneliness with zero social life , activities or travel that I went to the shelter and adopted two cats.  I am now a Happy Crazy Cat lady taking too many photos and videos.

image.thumb.jpeg.c3b4bfcd221067f87d358a88e4bc68fa.jpeg

Tortoise shell Calico, and a fluffy Tabby...both beautiful!!  And good for you...adopting from the shelter...thank you for that!!  All of mine have been rescue Tabbies...most from shelters..two from people offering unwanted kittens before they were to take them to the shelter.  

I am close to giving in...will see how the next 6 months goes.  

• Like 2