Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Dani.

For the first time in almost 20 years I can drive without wearing glasses but I do need glasses for reading.

The eye I had the vitrectomy on was my strong eye.

My weak eye is a lazy eye with poor vision and I'm hoping the cataract op on that eye with IOL fitted will make a big difference.

That is fabulous 🤩   I

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Talking about the vaccinated and not, this afternoon I saw a woman in Publix flashing something under her sweatshirt. First I thought uh oh, but it was a T shirt that said "Don't Get Vaccinated". Everytime anyone would pass her, she would flash open her sweatshirt and display her t shirt right in thier face. 🥴

was she wearing a mask?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

For Sale..............Energy efficient studio style "Tiny Home" home with maintenance free exterior. Complete open concept includes 1 bathroom, sleeping loft and outdoor dining. This L'Trine model is portable and maybe potable. There is usually a line to sell the home but would suggest making an appointment and bringing an aerosol spray can fully enjoy the experience.

Priceless!!!    I hope they are stocked on TP

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Fantastic news about your follow up appointment for the eye surgery!  I know you will do well with the other eye! 🙂 

Yeah, your "anti meat" people made me think of one day when I was fishing.  I  felt sorry for the nice size fish wiggling around when we had to "put it to the knife" to turn it into dinner.  Then I remembered the fish was caught by eating another smaller live fish that was on my hook.  😉  The dinner fish wasn't a vegetarian either.  😄 

Thank you Pat.

It's almost 20 years since I didn't wear my glasses 24/7.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

For the first time in almost 20 years I can drive without wearing glasses but I do need glasses for reading.

I'm pretty sure you know it -- may be with the new IOL you'll get rid of needing glasses for reading.

DH had cataracts operated on both eyes -- first he god rid of "driving" glasses, and 5 years later - of "reading". Nice savings on buying glasses 😁

My late mom had her 1st and only cataract op at 90. Dad passed at 85, without any cataract op.

So, for now, I'm good....😉

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm pretty sure you know it -- may be with the new IOL you'll get rid of needing glasses for reading.

DH had cataracts operated on both eyes -- first he god rid of "driving" glasses, and 5 years later - of "reading". Nice savings on buying glasses 😁

My late mom had her 1st and only cataract op at 90. Dad passed at 85, without any cataract op.

Consultant said it would equalise my eyes but didn't elaborate.

I was just delighted when he said he would do the op and didn't ask any questions.

My left eye has been a lazy weak eye all of my life so any significant improvement would be absolutely fantastic.

Graham.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

My varifocal glasses were about $600 over 3 years ago but I currently only use them for reading.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

So today is vaccine shot #2 day.  Hopefully, no side effects. I've got a busy week and really don't have time to be shut down for any length of time.  I've got to have everything wrapped up by Saturday. This is my last week in SoCal and much to my wife's happiness we are heading home and will be there for at least 6 weeks. I have to head to WA for a week but DW is staying behind. Hopefully a nice Memorial Day picnic with friends and family on Monday and then on a flight to Seattle on Tuesday.  

Doctor here says drink LOTS of water.  😊

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Doctor here says drink LOTS of water.  😊

Thank you, I'm on my 3rd bottle right now.  So far, just like last time, I've got a fairly unpleasant headache. I'm going to finish the water and maybe have a little lie down and see how I fair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Talking about the vaccinated and not, this afternoon I saw a woman in Publix flashing something under her sweatshirt. First I thought uh oh, but it was a T shirt that said "Don't Get Vaccinated". Everytime anyone would pass her, she would flash open her sweatshirt and display her t shirt right in thier face. 🥴

WOW - anti-vax flashers!!!! I guess I would have asked where she got her "spreader sweater"?????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

So today is vaccine shot #2 day.  Hopefully, no side effects. I've got a busy week and really don't have time to be shut down for any length of time.  I've got to have everything wrapped up by Saturday. This is my last week in SoCal and much to my wife's happiness we are heading home and will be there for at least 6 weeks. I have to head to WA for a week but DW is staying behind. Hopefully a nice Memorial Day picnic with friends and family on Monday and then on a flight to Seattle on Tuesday.  

I was fine after my 2nd dose other than minor soreness of arm.     Eric felt like he was hung over, sluggish.    The nurse who gave us the shot told us to exercise our arm frequently throughout the day/night of your shot, drink plenty of fluids and take some tylenol before you go to bed.     I did all of that but Eric didn't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was fine after my 2nd dose other than minor soreness of arm.     Eric felt like he was hung over, sluggish.    The nurse who gave us the shot told us to exercise our arm frequently throughout the day/night of your shot, drink plenty of fluids and take some tylenol before you go to bed.     I did all of that but Eric didn't.

I always drink lots of liquids , my favorite is Johnny Walker Gold 

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Post vaccination celebration was at Lucille's BBQ.  Highly recommended!

IMG_0232.thumb.jpeg.4d1fe1e4af261e810690abaaf2ade33c.jpeg

I am now bullet proof, can leap tall buildings and can play the Cello.  Thank God for Pfizer. 🙂 

We had our shots at 9AM - so our celebrations was breakfast at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store - sorry no pictures but their blueberry pancakes are fantastic!!!!!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

We had our shots at 9AM - so our celebrations was breakfast at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store - sorry no pictures but their blueberry pancakes are fantastic!!!!!

I love Cracker Barrel for breakfast and am a regular customer when I'm in the midwest. I'm glad were starting to see a few out west now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

It’s one thing not to take it, but this behaviour is beyond bizarre. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I love Cracker Barrel for breakfast and am a regular customer when I'm in the midwest. I'm glad were starting to see a few out west now.

Had a few breakfasts there during our car tours. Also the occasional stop at Pancake House. 😁😋

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Had a few breakfasts there during our car tours. Also the occasional stop at Pancake House. 😁😋

I like IHOP as well.  At least for breakfast.  I've got a friend who insists we  eat at Waffle House every time we travel together.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Post vaccination celebration was at Lucille's BBQ.  Highly recommended!

IMG_0232.thumb.jpeg.4d1fe1e4af261e810690abaaf2ade33c.jpeg

Chicken, brisket and burnt ends? Looks delicious.

I am now bullet proof, can leap tall buildings and can play the Cello.  Thank God for Pfizer. 🙂 

Remember, that is in two weeks… keep me posted though.  I wanted to determine what instrument I want to play when I get my second dose July 18th.😉🎉

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

They’re our regular “road trip” restaurant traveling back & forth to FL.  There’s one at almost every highway stop in North & South Carolina.  It’s certainly not fancy, bury you know what you’re getting.  For us it’s usually breakfast for dinner. 

• Like 2