Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I think she is more active in the winter than spring/summer.  Dont tell her I said this but looks like she put on a pound or two.  Shes adorable😺

She has a vet appointment booked for a few weeks from now. Other than that, her schedule is wide open. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That would be fun for you to go see the house.  You could always reach to the current owner and ask if you could see it.

My Bil recently did that with his childhood home.

I became very good friends with the family that bought my Nanas home.  It has been fun watching her renovate the home little by little.

I just went back to my childhood home! My parents sold the house in 1981 and the buyers just died. We were back in town visiting and I wanted to show my daughter where I grew up. My family thought I was crazy when I saw construction going on, stopped and asked if I could go inside. They were flippers. The avocado green kitchen, yellow shag carpet, fuzzy wallpaper and everything else from childhood was still there. Nothing had been updated in 40 years. It just sold and the pictures online were amazing.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, that is correct about appraisal gap.  Personally I would not recommend anyone buy a house higher than what it appraises for.  We all know history repeats itself and this bubble will burst in the future. 

I havent seen many contracts with sellers to remaining after closing, it happens but not all that frequent.  All mortgages for a primary residence require the buyer to take occupancy within 60 days of closing.

Something else we see alot of lately is buyers offering to pay for sellers transfers taxes,especially for states that have high transfer taxes for real estate.

My son, my sister and my parents all sold their homes for more than they listed.  My sister has closed and my parents and son and DIL will all be closing soon.  My son and DIL are staying in their townhouse rent free for  6 weeks after they close.  They all sold in a couple of days at most.  My sister got 10 contracts in one day.  My son got a contract in one day and my parents took three days.  People need to be prepared to put enough money down to keep from being upside down when the market does adjust.  My son is putting down about 45% on their next home.  Currently I think our home would sell for about 10% more than it's current true value but we're not ready to sell.  If we were, we'd rent for a year and then buy when the market has settled some.  We currently have at least 50% equity which in a lot of places would buy a really nice house for cash, just not here in the DC area.  The DC area doesn't usually get hit as hard as other areas.  Just the fact Amazon is coming to No VA made prices start going up before all of this.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I don't know where to post this.

There is a video of an Australian Shepherd doing yoga with her human. The dog's name is Secret. 

It's incredible. I can't post a link cause it's on Instagram.

It gave me a smile.

Had 2 Aussie's, loved them but oh what hair they both had.   The second was our last dog, just can't do it again, too hard to say good bye.

Bob, congrats on the house, I am sure your realtor is giving you great advice but be careful with those offers.  We listed our house 4 yrs ago and had numerous showings the first week with what we thought was a great offer. Two months later their financing fell thru a week before closing.  Back to square one at a crummy time to sell, took almost 5 months to finally close with a different buyer.  Fortunately we weren't dependent on the sale as we already had our next house just very frustrating.  Just make sure you are  looking at all aspects to and not just price.  Good luck, I am sure it will be great.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BND said:

My son, my sister and my parents all sold their homes for more than they listed.  My sister has closed and my parents and son and DIL will all be closing soon.  My son and DIL are staying in their townhouse rent free for  6 weeks after they close.  They all sold in a couple of days at most.  My sister got 10 contracts in one day.  My son got a contract in one day and my parents took three days.  People need to be prepared to put enough money down to keep from being upside down when the market does adjust.  My son is putting down about 45% on their next home.  Currently I think our home would sell for about 10% more than it's current true value but we're not ready to sell.  If we were, we'd rent for a year and then buy when the market has settled some.  We currently have at least 50% equity which in a lot of places would buy a really nice house for cash, just not here in the DC area.  The DC area doesn't usually get hit as hard as other areas.  Just the fact Amazon is coming to No VA made prices start going up before all of this.

Houses in our community are selling sight unseen for over asking.  One house just sold 2 weeks ago and the new owner listed for $150,000 over purchase price just to see what would happen.  They have people interested, crazy.  It is the only single family house for sale in the entire community but still.

• Like 1

Phew. Our house is now under contract. We ended up with 16 offers and narrowed down to 4. All 4 wanted the house badly and kept upping their offer. Full appraisal gap coverage by the buyer and inspection is for info only (we don’t have to fix anything found by the inspection). Worked out very well for us. Closing on June 25. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Phew. Our house is now under contract. We ended up with 16 offers and narrowed down to 4. All 4 wanted the house badly and kept upping their offer. Full appraisal gap coverage by the buyer and inspection is for info only (we don’t have to fix anything found by the inspection). Worked out very well for us. Closing on June 25. 

Congratulations!  

59 minutes ago, BND said:

Yes, just about everyone house across the country is selling for more than list price.  Most times they appraise for contract price but not always.  

Just last friday I had a client under contract to buy house for $1 million and list price was $850k, house only appraised for $900k.  He's going to let everyone know tomorrow whether he will proceed and close this week or walk.

There are a lot of first time buyers out there for the last year using their stimulus money, getting Grant's for down payment assistance and are getting so frustrated as they get beat out by buyers that have cash or higher down payments.    

26 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Excellent.  Congratulations🤩🤩

2 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

I just went back to my childhood home! My parents sold the house in 1981 and the buyers just died. We were back in town visiting and I wanted to show my daughter where I grew up. My family thought I was crazy when I saw construction going on, stopped and asked if I could go inside. They were flippers. The avocado green kitchen, yellow shag carpet, fuzzy wallpaper and everything else from childhood was still there. Nothing had been updated in 40 years. It just sold and the pictures online were amazing.

Omg I forgot about fuzzy wallpaper.  My Nana (grandma) had that in her bedroom and hallway, I hear it's a bigger to remove.

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Omg I forgot about fuzzy wallpaper.  My Nana (grandma) had that in her bedroom and hallway, I hear it's a bigger to remove.

I remember wallpaper like that.  It was almost always in a dining room when I saw it.  I hate wallpaper.  

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Awesome news.  Congrats!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Congrats. That’s great news. 

20 minutes ago, BND said:

I remember wallpaper like that.  It was almost always in a dining room when I saw it.  I hate wallpaper.  

18 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I do, too.

Not a fan of wallpaper either, but it's supposedly making a comeback 😲

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Congrats. That’s great news. 

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Yes, it is [quickly on the way of "was"] a great success 😁

BTW, we went back to Modi'in, this time without any "palpitations" for DGS2 3 years b'day.

We stopped to refuel just at the entrance to Modi'in, where Palace is situated [marvelous location, location, location], and I took the opportunity to snap another picture, from another view.

You're right -- I think they have various units with different balconies in their 2 interconnected buildings.

To me, it seems a very good option to move to in a few years....

Palace4.jpg

Thank you for the additional Palace photo.  My sister in law and bro in law couldn't be happier living there.  Happiest times for me living in Israel and visiting were the pleasant after dinner gatherings on the balcony with neighbors/friends.  One visit, at my sis-in-law's in Ramat-Gan, the chat got very politically heated with about 8 on that balcony.  Police knocked on the door telling us to please lower our voices.  They (2) stayed and chatted with everyone for awhile as if they were invited guests. They left after turning down an offer for coffee. 

Glad your visit to Modi'in this time was palpitation free giving you the chance to enjoy your grandson's birthday.

Exciting that one day I might know two families living in The Palace!

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Fantastic news, congratulations!

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Great news.

The new owners are lucky to get a lovely property.

50°F and sunny this morning.

I have my second review of my eye operation today.

My eye has been great since the op in February.

The surgeon suggested a cataract op on my other eye so I'm hoping he will do it soon then I can get a new glasses prescription.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Great news yesterday for 2 families!!!!! Now you need a cruise!!!!!!

• Like 1