Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

It is.... very very tasty.

1st time baking it, but you can't go wrong with yogurt 10% and cream cheese 30% ... can you? And it remained high through all the process, which is rare for cheese cakes.

👍 Honey and pistachios 👍 

Honey and pistachios... Sounds so good.  I'll have to try that!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Yes, I did yesterday, even though every motorcycle "revvving" on the street makes me stop for a second to listen if it's not a siren sounding again....😢

Since you've asked so nicely, here it is 🥰:

20210521_100943.jpg

20210521_101235 (1).jpg2.jpg

IMG_6134.jpg

I gained 5 pounds just looking at the pics!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The 50’s was a great decade. Several of my friends were in Doo Wop groups.One of my current neighbors is the lead singer of a group that has been around since 1959 but none are originals.To make this post cruise relevant,in 2016 I was on a cruise that had a port stop in St.Croix.I was on a tour .When the tour guide found out that I grew up in NYC she said that at one time she was a back up singer with the Platters.

Many moons ago the Platters (one original singer) were the headlines on a Royal Caribbean cruise. Such great memories!!!!

Yes, I did yesterday, even though every motorcycle "revvving" on the street makes me stop for a second to listen if it's not a siren sounding again....😢

20210521_100943.jpg

IMG_6134.jpg

And just what am I supposed to do about my cravings now?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Many moons ago the Platters (one original singer) were the headlines on a Royal Caribbean cruise. Such great memories!!!!

I saw them live several times but never on a cruise .I grew up in Brooklyn where there were singers on every corner in the mid 50’s singing.

20210521_100943.jpg

IMG_6134.jpg

We finished our cheese cake yesterday.Your’s looks so tasty😀

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And just what am I supposed to do about my cravings now?

Hold on…

We went to our local fry hut for lunch.  We swapped one of our old picnic tables for some food credit.  We know what lumber is worth.😉😆

They open at noonish and we were waiting. We were second in line. They close at 7, but take the last order at 6 with how busy they are.   They are open Thursday to Sunday, and holiday Mondays. 

E5347DE7-9CE3-4FFD-928F-508CEA286191.thumb.jpeg.2e600ea855202d942dbd14a540dc9952.jpeg

Their fry menu. They also have sausages and hot dogs. 

DDE5C096-B433-4A42-8AED-C30B75A47209.thumb.jpeg.d91652822ea4c5445553c6e59dae6590.jpeg

They had 40 people waiting when they opened their shutters. The line looped but I just snapped a picture. 

46CEBA86-D696-4089-B845-82EDD53AC0A1.thumb.jpeg.5ec56043d27faabaf08f24abc8f28eb9.jpeg

We got 2 “not so small” poutines for Lisa and Owen. I had the “not so small” chilli cheese fries. 

59075B37-0039-4377-8EDF-EAF4E76F86DB.thumb.jpeg.16ab74a096e2b98ece5ec92f0533fbfd.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 15

10 minutes ago, singinalot said:

my stomach just growled

I should join you and Nate for walks.  

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That looks amazing. I wish there was something like that where I live.

This place is worthy of Dinners Drive Ins, and Dives. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

This place is worthy of Dinners Drive Ins, and Dives. 

Absolutely! What a great concept. I really like the variety on the menu. I would like to try the poutine as I've never had it before. Hate to know what the calorie count is but who cares that is a tub full of deliciousness.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

. I would like to try the poutine as I've never had it before. Hate to know what the calorie count is but who cares that is a tub full of deliciousness.

Jack's Fries seems to be the place to try poutine for the first time. According to their menu, it comes with amazing curds. Not plain, old, boring curds you get in other places.😄

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Not to put a damper on things, but just found out one of my grand dogs has a tumor on his spine.  Prognosis not good.  He is such a sweet dog 

I am so sorry.  He looks like a wonderful dog. 

• Like 1