Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I hate to think of the day when Serenade and Jewel leave the fleet.     They are our favorites, so far.   Grandeur was our first sailing on Royal.     

The Nordic Empress (Empress of the Seas) was our first cruise which was a 4 day Bahamas itinerary. She looked so big to us and she got us hooked on cruising - it was so sad to see her leave the fleet. She was the perfect size to go to ports where the larger ladies won't fit. We ported in downtown Hamilton Bermuda overnight on another cruise -it was so beautiful and convenient too. We wanted to do the cruise from Montreal but that was cancelled.

We have lots of Serenade cruises booked through 2023 - our favorite ship.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sad to hear the passing of Captain Stubing, Galvin MacLeod, from Love Boat today.  RIP. 

I'm bummed. He was a great character actor. Loved him in "Love Boat "and as Murray in the "Mary Tyler Moore Show".

• Like 5

Just now, Sea Dog said:

I'm bummed. He was a great character actor. Loved him in "Love Boat "and as Murray in the "Mary Tyler Moore Show".

Back when comedy was fun without 4 letter words (or worse) and not political. Those old shows are golden.

• Like 11

50 minutes ago, George C said:

Olive Garden is all downhill after the soup , went there a long time ago took two bites of entree , manager asked what was wrong, I told him it wasn’t itilian food.

Agree, I have the soup and  breadsticks, sometimes salad.  The rest looks good and then you take a bite!

• Like 1

Lucy this afternoon watching me BBQ. The initial wake up. 

3DCA6B2E-4CA6-486B-ACFE-9123C513BEBF.thumb.jpeg.f24062c1df2064a2b70cafafdd372ec0.jpeg

More alert after a few minutes. 

AB5EA9F4-16CE-45C8-A8B6-570309E2A50F.thumb.jpeg.3d3f88de3c4f7b206316a6ce12cd51bf.jpeg

Dinner tonight. Pork chops, mini potatoes, and corn on the cob. 

90A163C6-943C-4449-A6A3-C74BF8BDA6D4.thumb.jpeg.ece25c9872123948812178871fd1d16e.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 13

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lucy this afternoon watching me BBQ. The initial wake up. 

3DCA6B2E-4CA6-486B-ACFE-9123C513BEBF.thumb.jpeg.f24062c1df2064a2b70cafafdd372ec0.jpeg

More alert after a few minutes. 

AB5EA9F4-16CE-45C8-A8B6-570309E2A50F.thumb.jpeg.3d3f88de3c4f7b206316a6ce12cd51bf.jpeg

Dinner tonight. Pork chops, mini potatoes, and corn on the cob. 

90A163C6-943C-4449-A6A3-C74BF8BDA6D4.thumb.jpeg.ece25c9872123948812178871fd1d16e.jpeg

The food looks great - it must be the BBQ chef!!!!

55 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

My dad is 100% Italian. First generation born in the US. Growing up we would travel to his family - about an hour and a half away - once a month for a traditional Italian dinner.  Everything was made from scratch, no recipes used (the women learned to cook by watching their mothers).  We would leave with a trunk full of food which I would feast on for a week.  Spoiled me for life for Italian food.  

Even in my travels to Italy I find myself comparing the food to those childhood meals.

I learned watching my mom, nothing was measured.  A little of this, a little of that!  I am teaching my 12 year old granddaughter how to make sauce and meatballs.  I told her just keep adding stuff until it smells right.  She knows exactly how the meatballs should smell before we cook them.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sad to hear the passing of Captain Stubing, Galvin MacLeod, from Love Boat today.  RIP. 

Me too.  One of my college friends last names was Merrill. His nickname was Stubing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But be very careful - ghosts have been seen wandering around deck 8 and it is worst in the aft section!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serious about the ghosts? John has his own "spiritual advisor." Sometimes it goes on vacation with us. It moves things on us. When we had dogs every once in a while they would both be on alert, growl and their ruff would be raised. In tandem they would follow with their heads something around the living room. We never saw anything but something was out there. It also liked to poke Sophie in the butt when she was sleeping.

Just now, DaniDanielle said:

I learned watching my mom, nothing was measured.  A little of this, a little of that!  I am teaching my 12 year old granddaughter how to make sauce and meatballs.  I told her just keep adding stuff until it smells right.  She knows exactly how the meatballs should smell before we cook them.

My wife is an excellent cook - she learned from her Mother - hardly ever measures - she can tell by aroma and sometimes just a sip / quick taste and do any adjustments. My waist can attest to her cooking abilities!!!!! We live in a condo with 3 neighbors and Mary brings slices of cakes, pies and cookies to our neighbors (both widowed ladies). Mary is very popular here!!!!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Serious about the ghosts? John has his own "spiritual advisor." Sometimes it goes on vacation with us. It moves things on us. When we had dogs every once in a while they would both be on alert, growl and their ruff would be raised. In tandem they would follow with their heads something around the living room. We never saw anything but something was out there. It also liked to poke Sophie in the butt when she was sleeping.

Yep............ghosts all around the aft balconies............probably some old pirates...........lots of creaking and moaning. I have been poked while sleeping too...........strange!!!!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Yep............ghosts all around the aft balconies............probably some old pirates...........lots of creaking and moaning. I have been poked while sleeping too...........strange!!!!!

Well then. This should be interesting if ours comes along with us.

9 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Last night I hosted the bachelorette dinner for bridal party and mother and grandmother of groom.  It was the start of the weekend of celebration for the DD. 
After dinner the responsible parental units were dismissed and a night of bar hopping ensued. 

Dinner must have been a success. Eleven people celebrated and the bar bill matched the dinner bill. Um, I had decaffeinated coffee.

I had an hour drive home via turnpike and with the rain and high wind warning wanted to be alert. 

Today if the boats run they are going to Put N Bay. But with flooding and water craft warnings it may not happen. 

Plan B for them Is to go to an Indians baseball game. 

They are hoping to awaken by noon. They texted me for a wake up call from the hotel. 
They were able to get late departure. 

At dinner, 

All the entrees were excellent. Also we tried every appetizer on the menu. 

The DH asked if we had fun. Of course we did. When he sees the credit card statement  I will just say to him will be “we only have one daughter “ 

I will probably throw in the usual  “ love ya”. 

Today. Chillin. Tonight is our priest last Saturday evening mass. Took the cookies to the church hall for reception tomorrow. 

Hope all have a safe Memorial Day Weekend. 

A6D7C197-EBD0-4333-B591-3E0C2C841CB7.jpeg

I was just checking out the waves busting over the pier at Lakeside on Marblehead.  Doesn’t look like a great time to be boating 🛶.

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We went up to Gretna Green in Scotland today.

It was 77°F and sunny.

We visited the outlet mall then went to the Gretna village where a couple were getting married at the Old Blacksmiths shop.

We then went to a garden centre and had lunch there.

There was 4 gorgeous rabbits for sale at the garden centre.

Pauline looks lovely, as always. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I read it on TMZ earlier. Hated the show as a kid as my older female cousins made me watch it. Grew to like it with age. 

I always liked the show.

Before the ship was bought by Princess and became the Pacific Princess it was named Sea Venture. It made a stop in Rhode Island once when I was  kid. My brother and I made our mom bring us to see it. We got to go aboard and spend a few hours checking out the ship. Years later when we did our first cruise... to Bermuda... there was the Pacific Princess there with us looking a bit weathered from how I remembered her. 

When I would watch the show I always found it humerous when a scene was in a "passenger cabin". The cabins on that ship were nothing like what was portrayed on the show.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

When I would watch the show I always found it humerous when a scene was in a "passenger cabin". The cabins on that ship were nothing like what was portrayed on the show.

I learned that later in life, on our first cruise.

We walked into our balcony cabin the first time and laughed. The bathroom in our upgraded room was larger the night before than the entire cabin. We fell in love with cruises in the first couple days. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I thought we were done with this for the season.  Nope, Memorial Day weekend and it’s wine, hockey, fuzzy slippers & the fireplace.  

90C9D7A5-322F-491F-871C-95F8206DC54A.jpeg

Crazy cold for memorial day.  People had on puffy winter coats when I ran errands today.   I gave up and put the heat on for tonight.  

14 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I thought we were done with this for the season.  Nope, Memorial Day weekend and it’s wine, hockey, fuzzy slippers & the fireplace.  

90C9D7A5-322F-491F-871C-95F8206DC54A.jpeg

Right there with you. Cheering for the Leafs and the Isles to win tonight. 

Just like I know you are. 😉

D336416F-2802-4A69-BBB4-56604CF7E87B.thumb.jpeg.c4e3ff4432a943e7f6f8c6386ce48d1c.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Crazy cold for memorial day.  People had on puffy winter coats when I ran errands today.   I gave up and put the heat on for tonight.  

I refuse to turn the heat back on. Sweatshirts and sweat pants are back out of the closets.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I refuse to turn the heat back on. Sweatshirts and sweat pants are back out of the closets.

I gave in and turned it on.  It was 64 degrees and damp in my house.  Ran it once and is off again.  Hadn't thought of my plants outside though.  I have tomatoes already on my patio pot.  Only supposed to get to low 40s, so they should be okay.

• Like 1