Zaandam and Rotterdam -- Moving Forward (April 3, 2020)

CCHelp

1 minute ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

You're right. It isn't like the plane showed up as a surprise. 

The local news were there waiting.  See below.  And so much for the passengers wearing a mask all the way home like they were supposed to, check out the news clip starting at about the 55 second mark.  One pax has her mask off.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/coronavirus/zaandam-cruise-ship-passengers-land-at-sfo/2267368/

22 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Dude, that had to be like the mother of like all posts/your like longest ever..................😁 Much like obliged, though! 🙂

I believe he misspelled a word in paragraph 107.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, dockman said:

yes finally got home well after dark last night....not sure re baggage yet...so far still healthy...txs

Hey, baggage can wait. The important thing is he is HOME!!! And let's home he continues to be healthy. 

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder
typo
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, bluesea321 said:

The local news were there waiting.  See below.  And so much for the passengers wearing a mask all the way home like they were supposed to, check out the news clip starting at about the 55 second mark.  One pax has her mask off.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/coronavirus/zaandam-cruise-ship-passengers-land-at-sfo/2267368/

The news apparently missed the part about United refusing to transport?

2 minutes ago, JVilleGal said:

The news apparently missed the part about United refusing to transport?

That happened afterwards, that channel only covered the arrival from FLL.  They would not have been at every gate since many pax were flying to other places besides Sydney.

1 hour ago, JVilleGal said:

Being reported on FB, SFO United refused to transport Australians headed home from Zaandam 🤬

2BF8AD41-4FCD-471B-A5ED-465081B2A1D5.jpeg

Oh no!  Just as my faith in humanity was beginning to be restored, this destroyed that. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, need2cruisesoon said:

If you were a United pilot or flight attendant would you volunteer for their (12 hour) flight back?

Obviously it would depend on your own circumstances - if you have a spouse/children/elderly relative at home with underlying health issues, no.  Otherwise, absolutely.

• Like 2

Obviously the crew of the charter that got them to SFO were okay with the arrangements.  I can understand United not wanting to mix possibly infected people with others on a commercial flight, but for that many people HAL should charter a plane for them.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, JVilleGal said:

A Carnival Rep should have been waiting for a group this size and should have had this type of issue handled Long before these folks ever arrived in SFO... unbelievable! 

My question is Seth Wayne the HAL Brand Ambassador , I believe was supposed to be on the charter flight from FLL to SFO. 
You would think before he continued to SEA  he would make sure all other passengers were taken care of , wouldn’t you ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

HAL please take good care of these folk. Get them home. They deserve for their ordeal to be over.

Sad! Time for Qantas (Airbus A380), Virgin Australia (triple seven) or the RAAF (Airbus A330 MRTT) to send some aircraft to SFO to pick those folks up and take them home

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, catl331 said:

Obviously the crew of the charter that got them to SFO were okay with the arrangements.  I can understand United not wanting to mix possibly infected people with others on a commercial flight, but for that many people HAL should charter a plane for them.

The issue is that everyone, not just the HAL passengers, are possibly infected.  The crew should have been fired on the spot.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

does anyone know if flight crews are wearing masks while working?  My last flight was 3 1/2 weeks ago and they didn't then on Delta, but things really spiraled downward since then so I am just wondering how they are protecting themselves on all these flights.

Some are, but not all as of yet

Global Airlines Brace for Coronavirus Impact - WSJ

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Sad! Time for Qantas (Airbus A380), Virgin Australia (triple seven) or the RAAF (Airbus A330 MRTT) to send some aircraft to SFO to pick those folks up and take them home

I don't know if it's for these folks specifically, but I saw an Australian news report last night about the government sending charter flights to several places to collect AU and NZ citizens.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

I just watched the clip with them walking in the airport.  At 59 sec into the film, one of the PAX is not wearing her mask .  She has it pulled down.   I don't understand that.

I don't either.  She is violation of the order she received when she disembarked but she obviously does not care.  I have been on a Stay at Home order for 3 weeks and I have followed it but this passenger cannot even wear the mask she was given.  This is how the virus spreads, by people who are not considerate of others.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

cdwise--I am a retired flight attendant from a major US airline.  I have friends who are still flying.  It is very scary.  4 flight attendants have died that worked for the airline I am retired from.  6 or 7 ground personal have died also.   Many more are sick.  The airlines are  not proving much for protection.  Most just have agreed to let flight attendants and ground crews to wear masks and gloves in the last week.  They do not provide them.  So why would a crew want to take passengers who are just off a cruise ship with passengers who have died from Covid19?  Not me.  Australia or  Holland America needs to provide a charter.  Those crew members are aware of the type of passengers they are carrying and can make decision before flight.  So I am not sure you would be so willing to fly an airplane with passengers who they know have been exposed to Covid19.  Sounds nice to say yes to something you will never be in the position to have to decide.   I think that the question should never been posted.  No one knows what they will do in difficult situations until it actually happens. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, summer slope said:

United should be ashamed of themselves.  Remember that when you need to book an airline.

Being ashamed just UA?    I asked you how about HAL, shouldn't they have taken responsibility to fly their passengers dock to home country, why should UA risk it's employees when we know asymptomatic transmission is possible and even with mask and careful social distancing you are at risk.   Look only to the healthcare industry as to even those who take care get sick.

Should we be ashamed of health care employees who dont come to work because of the hazard, etc. etc.

I think I should think about HAL, Princesss ( CCL) as well as to how they managed this as well no?

Edited by chipmaster
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, chipmaster said:

Being ashamed just UA?    I asked you how about HAL, shouldn't they have taken responsibility to fly their passengers dock to home country,

HAL fly them back?  How many planes does HAL have.  They contracted with what they thought was a responsible carrier to do what they are paid to do.  Eastern followed through on their commitments but not United.

Roy

• Like 1