Saudi's bought Carnival Stock

dgreeney

29 minutes ago, dgreeney said:

Saudi Public Trust bought 45,508,895 shares of Carnival Stock.  8.2% of the company.  Carnival will stay afloat.

Yup, great news...investors are responding.  Stock up $2.57 for me (got it at $8.15)

Edited by ibarrio
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, MommytoAsquared said:

Carnival will stay AFLOAT - Love it!

Sounds like it....assuming the Saudis don't sell the stock at the end of the day after driving the price up.  🙂

Garnett

Edited by N7786W Flyer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, N7786W Flyer said:

Sounds like it....assuming the Saudis don't sell the stock at the end of the day after driving the price up.  🙂

Garnett

They don't have a history of that. They own 8.2% of the company now. 

4 hours ago, MommytoAsquared said:

Carnival will stay AFLOAT - Love it!

None of the stock buy will help Carnival's cash position.  As near as I can tell, it was a more or less an "open market" buy instead of Carnival issuing new stock.  Saudi is betting that Carnival will survive and their stock will appreciate in value.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gatour said:

None of the stock buy will help Carnival's cash position.  As near as I can tell, it was a more or less an "open market" buy instead of Carnival issuing new stock.  Saudi is betting that Carnival will survive and their stock will appreciate in value.

And my guess is they are right.

Saudi Arabia has been positioning for years to make their coastal cities into beach resort destinations.  I see this as a very smart move by a bunch of very rich people trying to change the world's image of the Arab nations. Would not be one bit surprised to see Carnival cruise ships in the Red Sea next year. Maybe even in the Persian Gulf with a UAE partnership to have stops in Dubai and Abu Dabhi!

8 minutes ago, PaulieG13 said:

Saudi Arabia has been positioning for years to make their coastal cities into beach resort destinations.  I see this as a very smart move by a bunch of very rich people trying to change the world's image of the Arab nations. Would not be one bit surprised to see Carnival cruise ships in the Red Sea next year. Maybe even in the Persian Gulf with a UAE partnership to have stops in Dubai and Abu Dabhi!

And that’s a cruise I would take!

49 minutes ago, PaulieG13 said:

With all the trouble Iran causes in the shipping lanes through the Straight of Hormuz and inside the gulf, I don't see that happening. They've proven to have little regard for international waters, especially when it comes to Western nations. Add to that Somalia & Yemen at the entrance to the Red Sea. A lot would have to be done to guarantee the safety of passengers, not to mention all the PR work that would have to be done to give the average tourist peace of mind to cruise to that area. I have a hard time believing it'd happen, and I definitely don't think it could happen by next year.

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

With all the trouble Iran causes in the shipping lanes through the Straight of Hormuz and inside the gulf, I don't see that happening. They've proven to have little regard for international waters, especially when it comes to Western nations. Add to that Somalia & Yemen at the entrance to the Red Sea. A lot would have to be done to guarantee the safety of passengers, not to mention all the PR work that would have to be done to give the average tourist peace of mind to cruise to that area. I have a hard time believing it'd happen, and I definitely don't think it could happen by next year.

I guess you don't know  that Royal Carribean has been doing cruises in the Arabian Gulf for several years now.