Who's your favorite crew member(s)?

Do you have a favorite Carnival crew member? Someone you'd want to hear from or send a message of hope to? Do you have a favorite crew member memory you'd like to share? We'd love to hear your stories!

Matey was our first CD aboard Victory several years ago, really do miss him. Our last cruise, on Paradise, the Atrium bartenders  were the best ever. Yhudi and Allen, would love to hear from them

B93AC55C-13A9-40D6-9FBA-C3C2011D0AFC.jpeg

• Like 1

there have been so many great crew members, some of them I never even knew there names, but if I pick one it would be a really great room steward named Angel, he was from Peru.  Always smiling, always calling out to me from a room he was cleaning, as I walked down the hall.  He always asked how my day was, was I having a good cruise etc.  Just a super friendly,  upbeat, happy smiling young man.  As I say many more, but Angel rates right up at the top of the list.  Carnival has very friendly crew.

• Like 1

Yaco was our favorite crew member of all.  He was our head waiter on I believe the Freedom.  We had YTD and asked for him every night.   He said on the first night that we could request him.  He said he could give us a window of about 15 minutes every night so we could get him.  We were even seated at the same table. 

• Like 1

Chris Williams was our CD on the Sunrise-was recently on the Freedom. He had been doing some Facebook live videos but nothing recently. Don't know if he is back home. Hope he is safe.

• Like 1

There are so many, it’s hard to pick just one. My favorites are the maitre ‘d Aaron and the dining hostess Rico Rose on the Liberty in January. Aaron is fairly new at his position, but he’s doing a wonderful job, so friendly and full of energy! He even dances on the table with his wait staff, he says he won’t ask them to do something he won’t do!  He and Rose would stop by our table every night to talk with us. Hope to see them again if they’re still there in November!

• Like 1

I don’t think I’d be able to pick one. I could probably pick one in each job...like

steward - Nonthakan - Breeze ‘18

MDR - Yolanda - Breeze ‘18

Comedy Club bartender -  Brad - Dream ‘18

Atrium bartender - Miguel - Vista ‘19

Alchemist - Maria - Dream ‘18

Comedian - Rob Little - Breeze ‘18

• Like 2

We have a few that stand out and we still talk to.  There have been many more over the years but these have been our favorites.

Dragana (Camp Ocean) Serbia, 2014 Breeze

Cyril  (Waiter)  Philippines, 2014 Breeze and outside of Cruise on Valor 2016

Elizabeth (Bartender Red Frog) St Lucia, 2016 Valor, 2018 Breeze

Jovana (Piano Bar Waiters) Serbia, 2018 Vista, 2019 Breeze

Eddie (Bartender Blue Iguana/Havana Bar) Peru, 2015 Breeze, 2017/2018 NYE Vista

Anne (Bartender Red Frog and Blue Iguana) Philippines, Breeze 2015, Valor 2016

Chat with Dragana, Cyril and Elizabeth every other week on FB or via email.  All great people and there have been so many more.

Can't forget Matt Mitcham as the CD. We've sailed with him 7 times

• Like 1

I wish I could remember our room stewards name from our May 2018 Sunshine cruise. He was so amazing.  Our spa balcony room was always pristine and every time he saw us he spoke to us by name. We had not had that on our other cruises and it was welcomed! 

Krista (Krystal, Kristy????   argh, didn't even get a picture with her!!) from Ukraine.   We were five couples in 5 adjoining rooms on Dream in December 2018 and she was our room steward.   Awesome is not doing her justice, she was always so upbeat and friendly.   Always went out of her way to chat with us, to check and see if we needed anything, how our day was going, etc.   She was just wonderful, and fit right in with our group.

One of our favorites is Chloe, the cruise director on our recent Miracle cruise through the Panama Canal.  She is a such a fun, warm and caring person.  During one of the shows, she asked who were celebrating anniversaries.  We were and she asked how many years.  My husband said some ridiculous number, which was higher than our age.  She knew he was kidding and asked our names. All he gave her was our first names.  Lo and behold, the next day we received a gift and card from her congratulating us on 67 years of marriage. I was impressed she went to the trouble of finding us.  Chloe is a big fan of hugs, so this must be an awful time for her. 

IMade - He was our room steward on Magic in December 2017.  He was fantastic.  Of course he did everything his job required him to do but what got me was he knew our names the first time he saw us.  We had FTTF and priority to our stateroom.  We were onboard around 11:45am and turned down our hallway and I heard "Hello Derek....Hello Vanessa".  We got to talking to him and it was his last week before he went on vacation.  We left him a few extra $ every day and on the last day whatever low denomination cash I had I put in an envelope for him.  It was only like $35 but I hope it went towards a memorable vacation at home.

I'd have to say our favorite crew member was our room steward, Ja on our July, 2019 Dream cruise. He was very attentive to details. We asked for morning only room service, and I don't know how he did it, but we'd wander off after breakfast for a couple of hours, and our room would be sparkly clean. And we saw him in our corridor, EVERY time we walked down the hall. And he always greeted us with a "good morning Mr. Joe & Ms. Cindy! How is your day? We 'left him a little something' our first sea day morning($20). On the 3rd day, I 'left him another little something'. A pocket sized tactical flashlight. I brought 3 with me. lol. On debarkation day morning, we left him another $20, because he did such a fantastic job.

Ja

20190731_114957.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 4/11/2020 at 4:55 PM, jetsfan58 said:

Without a doubt our favorite Carnival Crew member is Frank on the Carnival Ecstasy. He is the best dining room waiter of all time. 

Good to know!  We will be on Ecstasy this September and I'll look out for Frank😀

CD Cam Chavez on Carnival Ecstasy!  He is amazing.  So much energy, but humble hearted too.  Amazingly and seamlessly relates to and brings together all guests no matter age or ability.  I do wonder how big his closet is because I think he wears 12 different outfits a day.  Lol

20200211_135439.jpg

Edited by happylittlefamily
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, happylittlefamily said:

CD Cam Chavez on Carnival Ecstasy!  He is amazing.  So much energy, but humble hearted too.  Amazingly and seamlessly relates to and brings together all guests no matter age or ability.  I do wonder how big his closet is because I think he wears 12 different outfits a day.  Lol

I wonder if Cam will be our CD in September? I hope so😄