CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

15 minutes ago, miniyorkie said:

Hi. If you receive your refund before Grapau27 and myself you may be in for ( jesting) verbal abuse.  We seem to have  been in a very long queue for a very long time.  Definitely not in Ship alphabetical order LOL. I am hoping for Monday. PLEASE

I'm pleased to see reports of Refunds.

It is disappointing for us after our cancellation was on March 13th for March 20th cruise to be still waiting but were told on Monday we were getting a Bacs but in 7 working days so the longest Bacs wait ever.

Edited by grapau27

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Cancelled on 12th March due to age etc.  Cruise 26th April.  If I get it in 10 days it will be 74 days.

The team leader told me it is working days so you might be 78 days.

We cancelled 13th March,cruise was 20th March,told 7 working days for Bacs on Monday but when I queried yesterday I was told they are telling people 10 working days now.

Just now, jeanlyon said:

you were lucky, it's taken a lot of effort escalating to get this far.

I was told I had been escalated twice. I like to think it was the legal action which prompted them but I very much doubt it, although it has proved beneficial in the past. 

19 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

When my wife as on Tuesday about whether it was calendar or working Days, the reply it will be up to 60 calendars from the day of cancellation, so we are expecting our £8700 by 28 May. 

Good luck.

2 minutes ago, PRINCESSTHE BEST said:

Yes, they agreed to be paid within 60 days, are they gullible or what!

Depends upon your contract terms. If they were engaged to play only when the postman arrived you could argue it was a frustrated contract. Otherwise I think they’ve got you hook line and sinker. Watch out for the summons arriving on your doormat. That’s what I’d do as bandleader 😂😂

9 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Wonder when the next batch of cancellations will be announced my next cruise balance is due 5 June I really don’t want to pay as I am already waiting for 2 refunds

My next payment would be July 5th to my TA, but I won't be paying my balance.  Will take an FCC for that one unless of course they cancel my October cruise in which case it's a refund.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PandNo Refund said:

Seen a few folk posting about refunds for Iona maiden sailing which was May 14th. That’s about 3 weeks before our June cruise so seems to be creeping closer to our refund now. A definite flurry of refunds reported today, although doesn’t seem to be any rhyme nor reason to the order

Day 61 here; 17th March Ventura.  Nothing.  No email, no replies to any escalation in writing, social media or phone.  I have mentioned ABTA - they don't care.

Lottery like approach being taken it seems - I've never won a P&O raffle, despite being in several draws with only two or three tickets.  Not hopeful.

Just hope that the emails saying "refund approved" aren't just part of the tactics.

56 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

My next payment would be July 5th to my TA, but I won't be paying my balance.  Will take an FCC for that one unless of course they cancel my October cruise in which case it's a refund.

Pleased that you have some certainty, you have been extremely patient. 

I just hope that as they are now being forced to pay out, they don't create a story of cruising being safe on 1st August to force as much money in to the business as possible.

The way that they have treated you, I would insist on the FCC going against a future cruise balance before I cancelled.  If they can break the rules at will, so can I.  Not worth the stress otherwise for £100 or so.

Pleased to hear that refunds are starting to come through both on here and the Facebook P&O groups.

Day 60 for us tomorrow but I don't expect anything to appear on my CC account.

As I've posted before we are lucky being retired so we don't need the cash urgently, hence not chasing them up.

I was going to write I've got better things to do with my time than hanging on the phone but, of course, that's not really true given the restrictions we are all facing.

Truth be told it's Covid-19 apathy!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Pleased that you have some certainty, you have been extremely patient. 

I just hope that as they are now being forced to pay out, they don't create a story of cruising being safe on 1st August to force as much money in to the business as possible.

The way that they have treated you, I would insist on the FCC going against a future cruise balance before I cancelled.  If they can break the rules at will, so can I.  Not worth the stress otherwise for £100 or so.

Not sure they will announce more "paused" cruises anytime soon since the Government is now talking about some hospitality venues opening as early as July. They may wait and see how the Government steps go for a while yet.

I cancelled my cruise on the 14th March 2020 (sailing 6th June 2020) directly with P&O.  Chased P&O for the 1st time on Tuesday this week (day 60) to see what's happening in regards to my refund.  I was told by an Advisor that I would receive an update by the end of this week.  This afternoon I received an email from P&O confirming my refund has been approved and asked me to provide my bank details and evidence of deposit and final balance payments (I forwarded then copies of my invoices).  Refund will take up to 10 working days to reach bank account. 

Please check your spam folder in your emails, seems all P&O correspondence is going into spam.

Fingers crossed everyone who cancelled in March will be contacted soon about their refunds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Excellent decision.

I'm trying to put a dispassionate view onto the current situation.  Around the middle of March everything went pear shaped. So,  8 weeks later,  the  "President" (ha!) of P&O finally deigns to say that things are not going to plan. 

Surely, after 8 weeks, any company with a robust IT and finance department could have sorted out this dog's dinner of a disaster.

Some clear communications right at the start could have avoided all this distress and alienation. 

• Like 7