CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

21 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

My preferred option would be to provide P&O with my sort code and account number and they BACS transfer the money, but that’s not an option. Shame, as I’ve been able to do that with a few other companies. 

That would be ideal, but as you say, not an option unfortunately. 

Andy 

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

As for cheques, who uses them these days? Bank transfers or return on card should be the only acceptable means of payment, but these travel companies just seem to be doing what they like with minimal consequences... 

Andy 

The government still does.  I've had repayments/refunds from the Revenue and DVLA, both by cheque.  

With regard the Revenue, they were refunding monies paid direct from salary, so may not have had my preferred bank details.  But I had paid my road tax by credit card, so no excuse not to have paid the money to my cc.

When our Ventura cruise was cancelled last year, and a 50% refund applied to the one before it, all the refunded monies were credited to my credit card.  I don't see why they aren't doing this now.  Sureley printing and posting the cheques out will incur extra expense?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Son of Anarchy said:

The government still does.  I've had repayments/refunds from the Revenue and DVLA, both by cheque.  

With regard the Revenue, they were refunding monies paid direct from salary, so may not have had my preferred bank details.  But I had paid my road tax by credit card, so no excuse not to have paid the money to my cc.

When our Ventura cruise was cancelled last year, and a 50% refund applied to the one before it, all the refunded monies were credited to my credit card.  I don't see why they aren't doing this now.  Sureley printing and posting the cheques out will incur extra expense?

If a trade customer wants to send me a cheque, I always think they are buying time.... I'm usually right as they tend to be the next one to go pop... 

Not suggesting that's the reason for P&O's delay... 

Andy 

• Like 1

I don't know if this has already been covered yet but I've been having problems with cancelled shows and private excursions paid for last year on my credit card , it's now come to notice that the CC we used to pay is out of date and we have a new one which stopped our refunds , we also paid our cruise straight to P & O with it so will now have more of a delay to try and contact them to let them know how to give our refund of two cancelled cruises , I hope this makes sense but it could delay on some payouts 

13 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

I don't know if this has already been covered yet but I've been having problems with cancelled shows and private excursions paid for last year on my credit card , it's now come to notice that the CC we used to pay is out of date and we have a new one which stopped our refunds , we also paid our cruise straight to P & O with it so will now have more of a delay to try and contact them to let them know how to give our refund of two cancelled cruises , I hope this makes sense but it could delay on some payouts 

Good point. I had a new card (same numbers etc) a few months ago and just because the expiry date (only) is different I have had problems with some refunds from other companies. Seems ludicrous that a different expiry date should be a show stopper, but it seems to be. Once I give the new expiry date the refund goes through, but it adds to the delay. 

• Like 1

Thank you , we cancelled a private tour in Madeira in middle of March just before the cruise was cancelled and it's still not sorted out , it's only come to our attention tonight when I had a email from a cancelled show local telling me about my card and I would now have to wait until phone lines open to actually talk to someone which could be a couple of weeks yet 

Every time I see this thread bumped up I hope someone says they’ve got a refund , but no....

I really hope they don’t send me a cheque, my local PO has been closed since lockdown has been announced. My nearest bank branch was recently closed so the next option is a car drive away...

8 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

I wouldn’t hold your breathe for it.

I’ll be interested however to hear what they say if you do get a reply.

The agent rang back asking when P&O sent the email so he could let management know.

I forwarded a screen shot of the email dated 21-4 to him but he is off tomorrow so will see if he or another agent contact me on Wednesday.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Every time I see this thread bumped up I hope someone says they’ve got a refund , but no....

I really hope they don’t send me a cheque, my local PO has been closed since lockdown has been announced. My nearest bank branch was recently closed so the next option is a car drive away...

I think driving to your PO/bank is a legitimate reason to drive.

24 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Good point. I had a new card (same numbers etc) a few months ago and just because the expiry date (only) is different I have had problems with some refunds from other companies. Seems ludicrous that a different expiry date should be a show stopper, but it seems to be. Once I give the new expiry date the refund goes through, but it adds to the delay. 

I can only speak for Barclaycard, but I have had refunds for hotel bookings made with an old card, credited to my new card. The old and new cards should be connected on the system.  If you think about it, we all get new cards every couple of years, and refunds are part and parcel of the credit card system, so not to link the two cards is senseless.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I think driving to your PO/bank is a legitimate reason to drive.

Yes I know but it’s another journey to make! No supermarkets near it either, I never go to that town anymore as there’s hardly anything there! 
Just hope it turns up in my account! (I booked direct) I had the foresight to cancel an excursion the day before they announced the cancellation of my cruise and that was back on the account I’d booked with within hours!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

The agent rang back asking when P&O sent the email so he could let management know.

I forwarded a screen shot of the email dated 21-4 to him but he is off tomorrow so will see if he or another agent contact me on Wednesday.

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, P&O SUE said:

Yes I know but it’s another journey to make! No supermarkets near it either, I never go to that town anymore as there’s hardly anything there! 
Just hope it turns up in my account! (I booked direct) I had the foresight to cancel an excursion the day before they announced the cancellation of my cruise and that was back on the account I’d booked with within hours!

Hopefully by booking direct they have your credit/debit card on file and have no excuse not to refund back to the card you used.

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Hopefully by booking direct they have your credit/debit card on file and have no excuse not to refund back to the card you used.

Most companies delete your card details as soon as the payment is cleared in order to safeguard your data. I know Amazon keep your card details, but I just hope their IT security is better than P&Os.

8 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Most companies delete your card details as soon as the payment is cleared in order to safeguard your data. I know Amazon keep your card details, but I just hope their IT security is better than P&Os.

If that is the case,  how was it possible that both Premier Inn and TravelLodge credited my cc when my bookings were cancelled? 

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

As did BA,T.extras, Trainline for us.

My understanding is that  your credit card information is held by the merchant, but can only be used for future refunds, not for additional purchases.

I'm sure Andy will have a better understanding of this than I do.

11 minutes ago, wowzz said:

My understanding is that  your credit card information is held by the merchant, but can only be used for future refunds, not for additional purchases.

H.Extras,and most companies that try and auto renew policies like 

Car insurance.

AA.

Internet security etc keep details on file and quote the last 4 numbers of your card to you when renewing.

May I just ask a question of UK cruisers with regards to a Princess cruise please? I’ve asked a similar question on the Princess board but most people over there are from the US and not really able to help. (I am a P and O cruiser too, please don’t think  I’m just wading into this thread!) 

In a nutshell I was booked on a 4 July cruise booked last October, paid the cruise balance to the “cold weather” TA on 6 March when they required it. Had I booked direct with Princess they needed the balance by 6 April. 

I got cold feet and contacted the TA on 26 March to cancel where they put me on an “urgent spreadsheet” and after some chasing  up from myself they phoned me on Sunday 5 April and the cruise was cancelled on that day. I have had no email confirmation from the TA confirming the cancellation, when I chased them they said they would send through the cancellation invoice from Princess “when they receive it”. The cruise was showing as cancelled in my cruise personaliser the day it was cancelled. Luckily I have screen shots of the web pages of both the active cruise and the cancelled cruise. 

My question is does anyone know which company might have my money since it was paid to the TA as per their terms and conditions a month before Princess required it? I will be getting the deposit of £150 back as FCC which I’m unlikely to use. And I know that my cruise will most certainly be cancelled anyway and then I would have received a full refund including the deposit but I cancelled when I did for my own peace of mind 🙂  

I booked using my Barclaycard (interest free thankfully) and they are unable to make a chargeback because I cancelled the cruise, not Princess. I can only go down that route if Princess were to go bust. 

Thank you for reading such a long post. I’m also still waiting for my refund of 80% from Intercruises for the return coach to Southampton. They said the refund should be at the end of April... 

Edited by Jules.
Spelling

27 minutes ago, Jules. said:

May I just ask a question of UK cruisers with regards to a Princess cruise please? I’ve asked a similar question on the Princess board but most people over there are from the US and not really able to help. (I am a P and O cruiser too, please don’t think  I’m just wading into this thread!) 

In a nutshell I was booked on a 4 July cruise booked last October, paid the cruise balance to the “cold weather” TA on 6 March when they required it. Had I booked direct with Princess they needed the balance by 6 April. 

I got cold feet and contacted the TA on 26 March to cancel where they put me on an “urgent spreadsheet” and after some chasing  up from myself they phoned me on Sunday 5 April and the cruise was cancelled on that day. I have had no email confirmation from the TA confirming the cancellation, when I chased them they said they would send through the cancellation invoice from Princess “when they receive it”. The cruise was showing as cancelled in my cruise personaliser the day it was cancelled. Luckily I have screen shots of the web pages of both the active cruise and the cancelled cruise. 

My question is does anyone know which company might have my money since it was paid to the TA as per their terms and conditions a month before Princess required it? I will be getting the deposit of £150 back as FCC which I’m unlikely to use. And I know that my cruise will most certainly be cancelled anyway and then I would have received a full refund including the deposit but I cancelled when I did for my own peace of mind 🙂  

I booked using my Barclaycard (interest free thankfully) and they are unable to make a chargeback because I cancelled the cruise, not Princess. I can only go down that route if Princess were to go bust. 

Thank you for reading such a long post. I’m also still waiting for my refund of 80% from Intercruises for the return coach to Southampton. They said the refund should be at the end of April... 

Do you have insurance for

Cancel for any reason?

I would think the TA should have your money so I would pursue them straight away.

I think Princess are the same as P&O that if they receive written notice over 90 days before your cruise.cancellation is deposit only.

Edited by grapau27

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

As I mentioned in an earlier post, in our travel company, form of payment details for a reservation are held securely in a 'data vault' and can only be accessed for refunds for situations like this.

• Like 2