Livid!

cured

9 hours ago, HBE4 said:

There seems to be a serious lack of $10 t-shirt sales. And cheap watches that I'll never wear but feel compelled to buy.

I'll be writing a strongly worded e-mail.  After all, I'm an Emerald++ status so I should get whatever i want!

Our waiter introduced himself as 

Mbayley,he was good so I gave him a $10 tip.

• Haha 1

At least they are wearing day clothing at your table.  At ours, there's one gentleman who insists on wearing pajama bottoms to dinner all the time.  And if there's a chill, some old sweatpants with holes in them....

And the cook is insisting that we eat the same thing every day.  Well, that is making a nice big stew...

At least the mechanic is cleaning up before dinner- covered in rust and metal shavings from doing work all day on one of the ship's lifeboats.

(if this were a real weekend, we'd be boarding the Mariner of the Seas in about 3 hours.... bummer)

• Like 1

Is anyone else hearing kids? I thought kids were banned on this sailing.

Well at least I'm eating well, butterfly shrimp galore, and cooked shrimp ready for saute pan and steaks .... wait a minute those steaks say frozen night hawk dinners. 

Edited by firefly333

I was shocked!!  😮  

Was able to smuggle on as much alcohol as I wanted, even waved the bottle of rum at security!  I also had no problem at all bringing on an iron (porters keep wrinkling my clothes), a candle (makes bathroom smell better), a set of cooking knives, a hot plate, a BBQ grill, some live chickens (found the MDR food not so great..gonna cook for myself in my cabin), and a pistol (seagulls on my balcony look pretty tasty when you are really hungry and out of chickens).   🐓

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I went to mdr this morning hoping to get eggs Benedict but not on the menu.  Menu only had scrambled eggs  pork roll or scrape or bowl of raisin bran.  Wth!

Couldn't even get a made to order omelet.  Dining room was pretty empty. No problem finding a seat with window view ...just see land.  At least the sun is out.  

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just went to the schooner lounge and was told they were out of vodka and state liquor store closed down.  So I ordered a mojito and was told make it myself since they are complicated to make.  No tip for him!!

You forgot to order the vodka from the State store or Fed Ex dropped it on the way to the Schooner and broke all of your bottles.

All the liquor stores open for me to buy liquor to smuggle onto the ship. (Something about alcoholics had to drink or go into detox and take hospital beds).

Idk why everyone complains the diamond lounge is crowded. It's great on my cruise.

2 hours ago, Newleno said:

I thought cruises were suspended?

Virtual of the Seas is still sailing.  Spent a couple of weeks in the Caribbean, last week cruised Alaska.  Cruise director Abe is absolutely fantastic!

• Like 1

Just now, cured said:

Virtual of the Seas is still sailing.  Spent a couple of weeks in the Caribbean, last week cruised Alaska.  Cruise director Abe is absolutely fantastic!

I am thinking of Mars or Venus for the next one.  😄 

• Like 1

I can’t believe you people are concerned about the dress code on the Virtual. I don’t know what the food is like at your table, but at mine it kinda sucks. And if you want something off the menu, you get laughed at. And we’ve been cruising for a while now without a single lobster night. 

• Like 3