Now for something completely different

36 minutes ago, Kristelle said:

God was missing for six days. Eventually, Michael, the archangel, found him, resting on the seventh day.
He inquired "Where have you been?"
God smiled deeply and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds "Look, Michael. Look what I've made."
Archangel Michael looked puzzled, and said "What is it?"
"It's a planet," replied God, and I've put life on it. I'm going to call it Earth and it's going to be a place to test 'Balance.'"
God explained, pointing to different parts of Earth. . Over here I've placed a continent of white people, and over there is a continent of black people. Balance in all things..."
God continued pointing to different countries. "This one will be extremely hot, while this one will be very cold and covered in ice."
The Archangel, impressed by God's work, then pointed to a heart shaped island and said "What's that one?"
"That's TASMANIA , the most glorious place on earth. There are beautiful trees and gardens, a beautiful river, and days filled with sunshine. The people from TASMANIA are going to be handsome, modest, intelligent, and humorous, and they are going to travel the world. They will be extremely sociable, hardworking, high achieving, carriers of peace, and producers of good things."
Michael gasped in wonder and admiration, but then asked "But what about balance, God? You said there would be 'balance.'"
God smiled. "I will create Canberra, Wait till you see the idiots I'll put there!".

Good thing it is a joke, or I might have been offended.

As for the idiots here, they don't actually live here, they just visit while parliament sits because other idiots elected them as the chief idiot.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

As for the idiots here, they don't actually live here, they just visit while parliament sits because other idiots elected them as the chief idiot.

Bravo👏👏👏

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

We’ve been watching Bathurst today as our magnificent Roulettes (Air Force) buzzed our house to acknowledge 35 years since nearby New Parliament House was opened.

I can't believe that New Parliament House is that old. It is a lovely building. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I can't believe that New Parliament House is that old. It is a lovely building. 

It is Leigh.  I love the way the landscape subtly embraces its elegant design.  MGT:  brilliant architectural vision.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I'm not from Canberra or Tasmania but I read it as a dig at politicians not people living in Canberra.

Like most jokes, doesn't have to be factually correct. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

That's where "balance" kicks in. God implanted the idiots with a homing device to ensure they keep returning to keep everything in check.😉

As of yesterday I am now wearing a spring suit instead of a steamer when windsurfing. In a few weeks I, hopefully, wont need the spring suit.

I wonder if a spring suit would be suitable in the MDR, maybe if I wear my booties too?😄

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

As of yesterday I am now wearing a spring suit instead of a steamer when windsurfing. In a few weeks I, hopefully, wont need the spring suit.

I wonder if a spring suit would be suitable in the MDR, maybe if I wear my booties too?😄

No swim gear in the MDR.

45 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Off to the buffet for you

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Just paint a white tie on then you will be able to go formal as well as well as MDR.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, arxcards said:

Smarter than a pox doctors' clerk.

I worked with a guy for many years who always used the expression “dressed up like a pox doctors clerk”. I never understood the significance of the pox doctors clerk reference but it seemed the meaning was of being very well dressed. Thanks for bringing back an old memory - I’ll try and dress up appropriately for our next cruise 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Many good folk live in Canberra. Problem is that we voters mostly have only a choice  of which idiot to vote for & get fined if we don’t vote for one idiot or another idiot.

32 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Many good folk live in Canberra. Problem is that we voters mostly have only a choice  of which idiot to vote for & get fined if we don’t vote for one idiot or another idiot.

Most are, but some aren't.  We each have our own (preferably private) opinion of who's who😉.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mr walker said:

I worked with a guy for many years who always used the expression “dressed up like a pox doctors clerk”. I never understood the significance of the pox doctors clerk reference but it seemed the meaning was of being very well dressed. Thanks for bringing back an old memory - I’ll try and dress up appropriately for our next cruise 😁

Lol Neil, slightly varied, it is a phrase to someone being a bit overdressed. I don't know of an exact origin, but it was popularised in this book/movie.

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Lol Neil, slightly varied, it is a phrase to someone being a bit overdressed. I don't know of an exact origin, but it was popularised in this book/movie.

A brilliant movie;  will always be a classic.

50 minutes ago, mr walker said:

Aha! So you choose the lesser of two weevils?

• Haha 2