Now for something completely different

34 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Turning to cricket, Aussies World Cup Champs, well done boys. The locals over on the sub continent are crying in their curry.šŸ›

The crew on every cruise ship around the world are in mourning today.Ā 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Turning to cricket, Aussies World Cup Champs, well done boys. The locals over on the sub continent are crying in their curry.šŸ›

Les, add to the list Piers Morgan, Johny Bairstow and the English cricket team, and letā€™s definitely include the ā€œgentlemenā€ of Marylebone Cricket Club, although the Board, to its credit, imposed appropriate expulsions and suspensions on the rowdier ā€œchapsā€. Ā Some decent members actually expressed their embarrassment at the time. Glad cricket has moved on. Ā Congratulations to our WC cricket team.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

Les, add to the list Piers Morgan, Johny Bairstow and the English cricket team, and letā€™s definitely include the ā€œgentlemenā€ of Marylebone Cricket Club, although the Board, to its credit, imposed appropriate expulsions and suspensions on the rowdier ā€œchapsā€. Ā Some decent members actually expressed their embarrassment at the time. Glad cricket has moved on. Ā Congratulations to our WC cricket team.

Double pleasure beating a good cricket team!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

It was a great game to watch.

It was good a way, but for 50 over cricket to survive, it needs to be played on a batter friendly pitch. The pitch that was provided was meant to be one that would make it more difficult for Australia, but the BCCI scored an own goal. There was a moment when India lost their 3rd wicket and the camera panned in close on Kohli's face - priceless.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blackduck59 said:

@lyndarraĀ I was just surfing U Tube and stumbled across the British superbikes at Brands Hatch, I don't recall what month but it was this year. It was the side car class. Those people are crazy.

The sidecar passenger is sometimes called a "swinger". Here we used to call them "monkeys" as they climbed all over the back of the driver and for someone to do that, IMHO, would require about the same intelligence.šŸ™„

• Haha 1

Just now, lyndarra said:

The sidecar passenger is sometimes called a "swinger". Here we used to call them "monkeys" as they climbed all over the back of the driver and for someone to do that, IMHO, would require about the same intelligence.šŸ™„

They certainly are exciting to watch though. There was some outstanding racing going on and Brands Hatch is such an historic track.

• Like 1

Just now, Blackduck59 said:

They certainly are exciting to watch though. There was some outstanding racing going on and Brands Hatch is such an historic track.

I have sometimes come across racing there in the early hours on TV but it's always been sedans.

Wife and I went to a MotoGP at Donington Park once to see fellow Aussie Casey Stoner blitz the field. The British round is now held at Silverton.

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

You might be OK. You were in the fresh air and presumably with a breeze blowing. I hope you are OK.

My face got a little sunburnt as it was a last minute decision to go and I didn't have my broad rimmed hat, only a baseball cap.

Yesterday and today I can hardly stand on my right foot, bursitis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, covid? Seeing the doc tomorrow for my 6 monthly medicare check up.

2 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

My face got a little sunburnt as it was a last minute decision to go and I didn't have my broad rimmed hat, only a baseball cap.

Yesterday and today I can hardly stand on my right foot, bursitis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, covid? Seeing the doc tomorrow for my 6 monthly medicare check up.

Geez Lyndon, sounds like you need a soak in the hot tub and a couple of Crownies.

4 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

How is your throat? Do you feel more tired than you should?

Just now, Blackduck59 said:

Geez Lyndon, sounds like you need a soak in the hot tub and a couple of Crownies.

LOL. I went on Google and printed out the human body drawings used for autopsies and have marked on it all the places where I have aches and pains so's I can remember them all.šŸ˜Ø

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

How is your throat? Do you feel more tired than you should?

I feel fine thanks, so far. It was breezy out on the water (8-14 knots) so I may be ok. Have had six shots to date. Was supposed to have dinner with two friends for a birthday tomorrow night but have cancelled it as a precaution. Birthday girl (about my age) is a severe asthmatic. Better to be safe.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

LOL. I went on Google and printed out the human body drawings used for autopsies and have marked on it all the places where I have aches and pains so's I can remember them all.šŸ˜Ø

Okay, trade the Crownies in for some Pusser's PainkillersĀ šŸ˜

12 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Is Donnington even a viable track anymore? Didn't they start some renovation and ran out of money? Silverstone is a great F1 track which maybe isn't a good Moto GP challenge, or do they have a different layout for the Bikes?

It was fine when I was there. I haven't heard anything to the contrary. IIRC Donnington was being used while Silverstone was been upgraded.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Okay, trade the Crownies in for some Pusser's PainkillersĀ šŸ˜

Bought some Voltaren today. I am a very reluctant pill popper.

I may settle for some Sangria that I have in the fridge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I feel fine thanks, so far. It was breezy out on the water (8-14 knots) so I may be ok. Have had six shots to date. Was supposed to have dinner with two friends for a birthday tomorrow night but have cancelled it as a precaution. Birthday girl (about my age) is a severe asthmatic. Better to be safe.

If you don't have symptoms by tomorrow you should be OK. You are probably alright if you don't have symptoms now. It usually take two days from exposure. Do you have a RAT test you could use to be sure? If you are OK, you could still go to the birthday dinner. All the best.šŸ™‚

• Like 2