Now for something completely different

52 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Must be nice to find gas at $1.29 we are at $1.54 except Costco at $1.49

Per litre?

yeah been upto about $150 around here

the prices were unleaded too not E10.

45 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

That is a good day, petrol has been known to go up to AU$1.70

I paid $1.41 in suburban Melbourne this morning. So down 32c in the past two or three weeks. 

Leigh

3 minutes ago, Ondine said:

Don't speak too soon.  Easter is coming.

I was thinking that as I filled up. It will probably go up a few days before Good Friday, just in time for those going away.

Leigh

I dont go chasing cheap petrol, like wine, you have to have it. Some people go 20km to save a couple of cents a litre, costs them $10 to get to the cheap servo. Down here today i paid $1.50 for 95, ️ is always pricey down here.

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

yes per litre. Wouldn't that be cool at $1.50 a gallon. Funny thing I can remember those days.

You buy petrol in litres or gallon, Lyle? u.s.type gallons? Not imperial?

27 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Around here, unleaded reached 163 about 3 weeks ago. Whenever the last spike was.

We have one station which is usually somewhat cheaper. I filled up there at 118.

The cheapest around here was around what I paid - $1.41. The last spike was about 3 weeks ago. $1.18 is a great price.

Leigh

Edited by possum52

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

You buy petrol in litres or gallon, Lyle? u.s.type gallons? Not imperial?

Canada's metric unlike those south of the border. I believe they also have KPH speedos.

5 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

And Easter is just around the corner so watch for a big spike in the next week or two.

Or buy a Hybrid and only put petrol in every couple of weeksimage.png.d2488741bc551baf259486a5a91f7a43.png

How is the Rav 4 going?  suvs are good in rainy weather, just that little bit of extra ground clearance.

8 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Last year I didn’t put petrol in the car for months and months.

Some of the little old ladies down here who never drive out of town or they might be on a restricted licence only fill up their little cars 🚗 every 6 months. We have a few in our Probus club and in my street like that, lucky if they do 20km a week.

Edited by NSWP

27 minutes ago, NSWP said:

How is the Rav 4 going?  suvs are good in rainy weather, just that little bit of extra ground clearance.

Love it Les went to Lismore and back (about 2000k) used a tank of petrol, and each fill is only 55 Lt.

We have had at least one SUV for about 20 yrs now a CRV, a couple of Lexus, and now the Rav 4.. Mrs G has to either go down the highway with Semis up her clacker or dodge Roos on the back roads and I much rather her do it in a SUV than a tiny hatch.

Meanwhile I’ve been running my poor little caddy van for about 15 years.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Love it Les went to Lismore and back (about 2000k) used a tank of petrol, and each fill is only 55 Lt.

We have had at least one SUV for about 20 yrs now a CRV, a couple of Lexus, and now the Rav 4.. Mrs G has to either go down the highway with Semis up her clacker or dodge Roos on the back roads and I much rather her do it in a SUV than a tiny hatch.

Meanwhile I’ve been running my poor little caddy van for about 15 years.

The Caddys are a great little van. My "single supplement" friend has one, a bright yellow, LWB, 1.9l diesel fitted out for camping. Her other car is a Golf GTi for when she has the need for speed.

Gosh I remember petrol was about 40 cents a gallon, and going to to the servo fill her up and quart of oil in engine please.... funny the big car is the most economical at 9 litres per 100km where as the suv is about 10 litres.... not doing that many km over the last year   ( odd..lol )  so tend to fill up when needed...

Don

18 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

The Caddys are a great little van. My "single supplement" friend has one, a bright yellow, LWB, 1.9l diesel fitted out for camping. Her other car is a Golf GTi for when she has the need for speed.

I am happy with my Nissan Quashqai, 8 lit/100km around here and 6.5 on a country run, I drive steady. Has a 65 litre tank, but I can brim it to 70 litres, so range of 1000km. Always use 95 or 98 petrol.

779408825_th(2).jpg.dc0a385c7b53cc6d98046d1218bee286.jpg

Edited by NSWP

8 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Gosh I remember petrol was about 40 cents a gallon, and going to to the servo fill her up and quart of oil in engine please.... funny the big car is the most economical at 9 litres per 100km where as the suv is about 10 litres.... not doing that many km over the last year   ( odd..lol )  so tend to fill up when needed...

Don

40 cents a gallon? Model T Ford, Don?

Edited by NSWP

2 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Mine is just a SWB 1.5 diesel to cart my wheelchair around, need to upgrade soon, would like LWB with second set of seats, also really need reversing camera and auto as the body keeps falling apart.