Now for something completely different

2 hours ago, packetau said:

We asked in Argentina , "what do you season with?" ... they say nothing as Argentinian meat is so good already!!

In 2014 whilst having 10 days in Buenos Airies pre cruise, we went out to a ranch outside the city, saw the gauchos do their thing on their horses and had a massive bbq beef lunch with muchas Malbec. Yes the Argie bbqs are legendary. I think they chucked salt on the beef.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

In 2014 whilst having 10 days in Buenos Airies pre cruise, we went out to a ranch outside the city, saw the gauchos do their thing on their horses and had a massive bbq beef lunch with muchas Malbec. Yes the Argie bbqs are legendary. I think they chucked salt on the beef.

Probably salt, and maybe pepper. Salt helps create a nice crust on the outside, by drawing out some of the the juices which then caramelise on the surface. Sea salt or salt flakes are best.

• Like 1

Went to see "9 to 5" at the Capitol Theatre, Sydney on Thursday night. Stayed at the Mantra hotel which is almost across the road and parking was adjacent to the theatre and pretty much in China Town. Hotel had a discount on parking, it was $30 for the night.

It was an excellent show with narration by Dolly Parton. Get along to see it if you can. Max wearing was optional but I wore mine - felt a bit like Robinson Crusoe.🙄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Went to see "9 to 5" at the Capitol Theatre, Sydney on Thursday night. Stayed at the Mantra hotel which is almost across the road and parking was adjacent to the theatre and pretty much in China Town. Hotel had a discount on parking, it was $30 for the night.

It was an excellent show with narration by Dolly Parton. Get along to see it if you can. Max wearing was optional but I wore mine - felt a bit like Robinson Crusoe.🙄

It's a great area to stay, we quite often stay in Campbell Street at the Meriton Suites.  Easy walk to find good food and public transport close by.

Speaking of good shows, we went to see North by Northwest at the Lyric Theatre last week and it was brilliant. It's a stage adaptation of the Hitchcock film and is a very, very clever adaptation, including the traditional "Hitchcock" cameo appearance. 

2 hours ago, possum52 said:

It's a great area to stay, we quite often stay in Campbell Street at the Meriton Suites.  Easy walk to find good food and public transport close by.

We ate at a Thai restaurant in Campbell St. but I don't remember the name of it. There are at least three Thai restaurants in Campbell st that I know of. It was ecellent food. This restaurant is so popular that you have to take a number then wait your turn in the street until a table becomes available.

• Like 1

Just now, lyndarra said:

We ate at a Thai restaurant in Campbell St. but I don't remember the name of it. There are at least three Thai restaurants in Campbell st that I know of. It was ecellent food. This restaurant is so popular that you have to take a number then wait your turn in the street until a table becomes available.

I just had a look on Google maps. I think it was the Chat Thai.

I recommend the Stir fried crisp pork belly and wild ginger in spicy red curry. Scrumptious. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, lyndarra said:

I recommend the Stir fried crisp pork belly and wild ginger in spicy red curry. Scrumptious. 

We've been to Siam House a couple of times. Also very good food.

• Like 2

On 3/13/2022 at 10:00 PM, lyndarra said:

i eat at that restaurant every time i visit Sydney.  it is always busy and food is always delicious.  

• Like 1

On 3/12/2022 at 12:11 PM, Blackduck59 said:

First of the season fresh halibut for supper

539957661_Halibutdinner.thumb.jpg.ee6d607424d379c1e4eb0c223336fdf6.jpg

I know, not as impressive as that slab of beef but that is a long way from here.

i'd love that first of the season fresh halibut.  I've just been on holiday in the north and had local fish every day - coral trout, red emperor, barramundi, etc.

53 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

i'd love that first of the season fresh halibut.  I've just been on holiday in the north and had local fish every day - coral trout, red emperor, barramundi, etc.

Come on up, mark your calendar for March, although you should be able to get fresh Halibut from now through November. 

On 3/14/2022 at 9:44 AM, NSWP said:

Indeed..

664081711_Tshirt.jpg.c477515a5209a32b8ec83b5f519494c8.jpg

Agreed Les..... But these Public Holidays.... are the day you go to shop to find it closed....

or Worse  full of people who should be at work....... Lol....

Have finger crossed about the thought of going on a cruise in November.....

If not it will be another.year and a half away.. by then..... I am not sure.... but will not count them there chickens...

Cheer Don      it is nice to dream.... but then you wake up

Edited by getting older slowly
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Come on up, mark your calendar for March, although you should be able to get fresh Halibut from now through November. 

I don't think we get Halibut in Australia, I have not seen it. I have eaten it in the MDR on the Princess ships, remember them? lol.

Edited by NSWP