When and what was the last Princess cruise you took?

mek

Our last cruise was on the Star Princess 12/04/19-12/19/19 from L.A. to Hawaii and back. Cold,Cold Cold. 4 day there and 5 days back the weather was 50 degrees and 50 mile per hour winds. That was bad enough but the seas were 35 foot daily. The Captain stated he had never had a transit that was that rough every day. The passengers were a very diverse lot..1/4 of the ship (660 passengers) were Western Asian / Pan Asian  that had flown in for the cruise. Never saw the Captain except at the Champagne Waterfall. At the Elite party, the Captain was not in the receiving line and the Senior Officers were not allowed the shake hands. Makes you wonder if they had some kind of inkling about the upcoming Covid-19 Pandemic? Loved the Islands once we got there, temps in the upper 70's to upper 80's. At our age (near 70), it will be a while before we cruise again, but with 24 cruises under our belt, we have PLENTY of memories to hold onto until the next one. I for one, plan on living with my dear wife for a long time yet!

On 4/13/2020 at 11:25 AM, mek said:

So right now everything has stopped and future cruises are totally up in the air.

I thought it might be fun to talk about the last Princess cruise you took.

Mine was on Grand Princess in September 2019 to Alaska - 10 nights RT from San Francisco.  It was our third time on the Grand and the 5th cruise to Alaska - we had a wonderful time.  It was so sad to watch when she arrived with all of the sick people on it.

July 2018. 7 day Western Caribbean on Caribbean Princess. First time cruising and Loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our last cruise was November 2019, Emerald Princess transatlantic from Barcelona. We went with our 22 and 28 year old children. It was the first cruise all 4 of us had taken a cruise together since 2005. Our daughter lives at the other end of the country and it was the most time we had spent together in several years. It was the their first trip to Europe and it was the first time for all of us to visit Morocco. We had such a wonderful time!

Edited by Grayce

Coral Princess, Whittier to Vancouver, August, 2019:  An excellent cruise.

I enjoyed the ship and its layout.  Crew were welcoming and helpful.  Entertainment, including the Alaska oriented type, was excellent to very good.  MDR cuisine and service was excellent.  (I really do think having a "green coat" type dining supervisor, as Princess does, makes for a better guest dining experience.)  My Coral Princess experience far exceeded what I had on my New Year's Eve cruise on Royal Princess just months earlier.

Caribbean Princess  2/16/2020 - 2/29/2020 Circle Caribbean Tour

It was our first cruise on the Caribbean Princess. My husband and I are fans of the grand class ships. We has a great cruise until there was an outbreak of the Norovirus. We were denied access to Aruba, our last port of call and came back to Fort Lauderdale a day early.  Princess gave everyone a $75.00 ship board credit and refunded 1 days price of the cruise. They also paid for a hotel room in Fort Lauderdale for the 1 night since we could not change our flight home.

SLR_0340-1 (Small).jpg

SLR_0381-1 (Small).jpg

SLR_0421-2 (Small).jpg

SLR_0136-1 (Small).jpg

SLR_0642-Edit-1 (Small).jpg

SLR_0511-Edit-1 (Small).jpg

SLR_0478-1 (Small).jpg

SLR_0270-Edit-1 (Small).jpg

• Like 1

My last Princess cruise was on the Pacific Princess Rome to Venice, Nov 11, 2019 - a great 12 day cruise that included Portofino, Sorrento, Malta, Montenegro, Croatia, and Slovenia.  Montenegro was definitely a favorite - most beautiful, as well as Lake Bled in Slovenia and a return to Portofino.  I enjoyed the Pacific Princess, but I think my favorite class is the Royal class, simply for the

amenities and smooth ride of such a large ship. Have been on the Royal, Regal, and Majestic, and look forward to trying the new Sky and Enchanted.

These photos resemble Cuba. Never been to Cuba but photos from there are very similar to those posted here. And I can clearly see the filters. In any case, very nice photos. I saved the one with the yellow car to use it as a wallpaper on my phone. Next time I take a picture, I will post it here for you to discuss guys. In any case, thank you very much for posting visual content

My last was solo on the Caribbean Princess on a partial Panama Canal cruise in December. It was my birthday cruise, while DH stayed home and worked. And, unfortunately, I was in quarantine for my birthday with an upper respiratory infection. But fortunately, I was released by the medical center in time to see us go through the new locks.

20191215_090821.jpg

And our last as a couple was a transatlantic on the Crown in September-October last fall. We spent a couple of nights in London before catching the ship in Southampton. Our ports were Zeebrugges, Belgium; Soulac-sur-Mer, France; Bilbao, Spain; and Lisbon, Portugal. The ship skipped Portland, England, and Ponta Delgada in the Azores due to weather.

20190927_124827.jpg

Our last Princess Cruise was the 15 day Hawaii round trip from San Francisco.  Amazing crew and wonderful ship.  Truly an incredible experience that will keep us smiling and looking forward to when we can cruise again. 

On 4/13/2020 at 7:25 PM, mek said:

So right now everything has stopped and future cruises are totally up in the air.

I thought it might be fun to talk about the last Princess cruise you took.

Mine was on Grand Princess in September 2019 to Alaska - 10 nights RT from San Francisco.  It was our third time on the Grand and the 5th cruise to Alaska - we had a wonderful time.  It was so sad to watch when she arrived with all of the sick people on it.

Grand Princess 15 night Hawaiian cruise out of San Francisco in November 2019.

We had a fantastic time.

IMG-20191211-WA0007.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/14/2020 at 10:59 AM, greenie082756 said:

Our last cruise was on the Emerald. Dec. 19, 2019 to Jan. 2, 2020 Ft. Lauderdale through the Panama Canal to LA.

We had never done a Christmas cruise and now we have! ❤️

We were on the return trip to FLL on the Emerald.

Though our last was Feb 29 -March 7 on the Royal Princess.  Which was the last cruise on the Royal.

We were on the Eastern Caribbean cruise from FLL Feb 2 to Feb 9th. All was fine. We were very careful on the ship as we had down this same cruise a few years prior and had a norovirus at the end of the cruise and so this was the first time we were willing to take another one on Princess. When we got sick on the previous cruise and we had reported to the ship's doctor our symptoms and the cabin steward, we never heard anything from Princess as a follow-up and there were many people that became ill. Learned from these boards that the likely source of the outbreak had been the beach stop at the Jimmy Buffet location Turks and Caicos and no follow-up of any kind from Princess whatsoever. 

10 minutes ago, bookmama22 said:

likely source of the outbreak had been the beach stop at the Jimmy Buffet location Turks and Caicos and no follow-up of any kind from Princess whatsoever. 

and that's why we walk past that down to Jack's Shack … R I P Topher 

B2B Alaska on the Coral May 2018.  Took the next year off cruising for transition after we moved in with my 100 y/o mom.  In February we cancelled our May 2020 Alaska - Pacific Princess cruise (due to new cancer diagnosis for mom so it was covered by trip insurance) but have rebooked same 12-day itinerary for May 2021 on the Coral.  Sense a trend?  Love the Coral and Alaska!