Are we the only one who hasn't received refund?

Good news, I receive this morning my final payment plus the Taxes, Gratuities, Insurance and Post Cruise Tour  but the second amount isn't adding up, difference of almost $7 so not sure where that is. I am still out the Deposit money so hopefully that will come. 

3 hours ago, Kbonner said:

Applied for refund March 25, received now 3 partial refunds for 3 RCCL-cancelled cruises. One cruise's refund is taxes/fees missing, the other 2 are missing parts of the cruise fare paid (we have no other expenditures like cruise planner). A total of some 600$ are missing. TA called and emailed, with no definite answers what and why this happens. 

At least I know that my anger grows and grows.

We also will not book any more cruises until the monetary discrepancies are fully solved and reimbursed.

We feel the same way.  I escalated to Bank of America which backs the Royal Caribbean Visa cards we use for cruising and set up a dispute for each of the charges.

After multiple calls we did get our refunds finally.  The taxes and port fees were broken out so some of the transactions look a bit weird, eg.  I paid $300 one month but the fees were $250 so that refund was done as $250 and $50 rather than a single transaction for $300.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting.  If you booked through a TA it is their fight.  Demand your money back from them and let them battle Royal.  If you booked directly call and email Carlos and Aurora directly on a daily basis and followup with your bank.  I have found that being a squeaky wheel gets the grease.  Be professional, be polite.  Have your facts, follow all the instructions, escalate constantly and you'll get your money back.

1 hour ago, sblackman said:

Not a thing back yet from my canceled 4/17, I let them cancel it on me and the next day I put in for the refund. Not trying to wait till June to get my money back, might start escalating with the CC company I purchased the tickets with. 

So May 18th would be the earliest you could hope to see your money.  15 more days has been the average and what is on the website now so that would be June 2nd for them to process it and another 3-5 business days till hit hits your credit card.  So June 9th is the most likely day

5 minutes ago, stompy said:

So May 18th would be the earliest you could hope to see your money.  15 more days has been the average and what is on the website now so that would be June 2nd for them to process it and another 3-5 business days till hit hits your credit card.  So June 9th is the most likely day

My refunds took 58 days. I am still hoping for the $600 down payment yet.

RCI cancelled our 5-29-20 Mariner cruise, requested refund 4-16-20. Received all but $23.04 5-14-20. Have TA looking for the reminder, but really, since it's only $23.04 I'm glad I got the bulk of it back instead of the company going bankrupt and getting nothing back.

5 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

My refunds took 58 days. I am still hoping for the $600 down payment yet.

Yeah 52 days for us.  I guess "business days" doesn't always mean Sat and Sun off...

3 minutes ago, pineapple666 said:

Is there anyone who got their down payment/deposit refund first, and still waiting for the rest of the refund? Or if any one could share their time line on how long does it space out will be appreciated too.

Mine came in two separate credits, final payment $743 & change plus Insurance, Gratuities, Taxes & last of excursions although there was a difference of almost $7 so not sure where that is. 

2 minutes ago, pineapple666 said:

Is there anyone who got their down payment/deposit refund first, and still waiting for the rest of the refund? Or if any one could share their time line on how long does it space out will be appreciated too.

Yes the initial deposits were refunded the day before the rest of the credits hit.  Most of mine processed the taxes and ports fees second, and then each of the payments in date order.

We tend to pay a portion each month till final payment, usually over the course of a year.  I plan it to be the same amount every month but with upgrades, rate changes, adding guests, etc it never works out that way.

All told it took 59 days from the time I requested the refund rather than the FCC to get all the money back.  Still better than the 60-90 days some people are being told.

My advice is to email Carlos and Aurora directly and open a dispute with your bank.  

My American Express is the only one who notifies me of Credits, I used a couple other cards for the excursions and only found out the credits by checking regularly. The excursions came in fairly quickly but one and that was because it was a post cruise tour from the 1st sailing of our b2b so was missed until I called the Excursion Desk on it. I am sure it was picked up in the 2nd credit amount this morning. I wrote my TA to let her know, so maybe she can find out what the difference was. I kept the invoice from that sailing to keep track of everything and placed in folders. 

1 hour ago, stompy said:

We feel the same way.  I escalated to Bank of America which backs the Royal Caribbean Visa cards we use for cruising and set up a dispute for each of the charges.

After multiple calls we did get our refunds finally.  The taxes and port fees were broken out so some of the transactions look a bit weird, eg.  I paid $300 one month but the fees were $250 so that refund was done as $250 and $50 rather than a single transaction for $300.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting.  If you booked through a TA it is their fight.  Demand your money back from them and let them battle Royal.  If you booked directly call and email Carlos and Aurora directly on a daily basis and followup with your bank.  I have found that being a squeaky wheel gets the grease.  Be professional, be polite.  Have your facts, follow all the instructions, escalate constantly and you'll get your money back.

Or just sit back and be patient. No need to stress over it. 

On 5/10/2020 at 11:55 AM, pfd104 said:

I received the second apology email on Wednesday (May 6th), stating that my refund had been processed and funds dispersed and I should see  a refund on my CC in a "few days".

I contacted RCCL today as I have not seen any refund and was told it was only processed on May 8th and I should see a refund on my CC by the end of the week. At this point, I will believe it when I see it. I've found this process, like most of the posters here, disappointing to say the least.

Update  Received full refund today, it only showed up on my CC this morning but has a May 10th refunded date. This has take 52 days since I applied.  BTW I was travelling with a group that had 6 cabins booked, I'm the only that has received refund as of today, all applied the same day.

Good luck.

2 hours ago, pineapple666 said:

Odd mine is opposite.

Received all but the deposit amounts back thus far.

is anyone seeing the same?

4 separate credits on our card yesterday and today totaling what we paid for cabins and taxes.

Missing our deposit of $1250.  

Took several phone calls over 5 weeks.

4 separate credits on our card yesterday and today totaling what we paid for cabins and taxes.

Spoke to my travel agent today. She has spoken to Royal Caribbean a few days ago on behalf of her clients. We will all be getting our money back in 30 days. She gets this answer every time she calls. So crazy to be reading everyone here getting refunds. Happy for them but my cruise for March 29 is still waiting. Dispute with RC credit card almost a month ago has no update.

1 hour ago, jknc said:

Keep calling several more times. 🤭😏

Still waiting on our refund for a cruise we cancelled on March 10th.  We have heard many stories over the 66 days we have been waiting but the constant comment seen on these threads to stay patient is not helpful as many of us have found out that our original cancellations were not processed correctly and once we spoke to someone who figured this out, the 30 to 60 day waiting period for a refund was reset to zero.  My cancellation was supposedly "fixed" on April 20th and I was told my refund should be received within 30 days of that date and there was no way to accelerate cancellations that weren't processed correctly.  

It is sad that some are getting their jollies out of what some of us are going through to get our refunds.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Monthend said:

Spoke to my travel agent today. She has spoken to Royal Caribbean a few days ago on behalf of her clients. We will all be getting our money back in 30 days. She gets this answer every time she calls. So crazy to be reading everyone here getting refunds. Happy for them but my cruise for March 29 is still waiting. Dispute with RC credit card almost a month ago has no update.

I was told today that it would take two billing cycles to receive my airfare refund.  I just sent a dispute on my credit card and let them fight it out with the cruise line.  I did the same on my cancelled cruise after 35 days, and received my refund on day 42 credited back to my CC.  🍷

So, I finally received a credit on my Visa for taxes/fees from my cancelled March 22nd Anthem sailing two days ago, but only for one person.  There were two people on the reservation.  I can’t figure that out. 

I finally got my refund, but am confused about the amount. 3 separate deposits that don't quite equal my payments. My brother who was also going with me received 3 separate deposits, 2 the same as mine, but one slightly over a $100 more than mine, still about $25 short of what he paid. We had split the cost down the middle. It's true that my CC gave me a $100 conditional refund, so maybe that was taken into account? Kind of crazy accounting, but at least I got most back. I may or may not call and ask about it. As long as my CC doesn't take back the conditional refund, it's close enough.

I asked for the cash refund on March 30. I received my pre-paid excursions and on-board items refund on May 12 and I received the cruise fare refund on May 14 - EXACTLY 45 days after asking for the refund. Seems fishy that it would be that exact but whatever - I finally got my money back.