Are we the only one who hasn't received refund?

1 hour ago, SAmome said:

I really wish they'd start something where you could pick an option to get a callback instead of these crazy waits.  Or a way to email exact description of the "problem" with backup and wait for a callback.  I've recieved all but $300 across 2 reservations on May 6th but it's an amount that I believe relates to a reservation deposit canceled a year before and funds applied to other reservations.  I think it might be lost in the process and want to know what they are showing on their end.  Did it go to a closed out credit card (normally flows on thru) or possibly refunded to the pax on canceled reservation via written check instead of the purchaser, etc?  

Any tips on how to avoid long holds to get thru to someone?  

I found calling earlier in the day ( around 7-7:30 a.m.)I had shorter wait times.

39 minutes ago, Kteacher said:

I found calling earlier in the day ( around 7-7:30 a.m.)I had shorter wait times.

Thanks, I can confirm Friday afternoon a terrible time to call.  Over 1.5 hrs to get someone to answer and still working on investigating the issues going in and out of holds, at 2hrs and 20 minutes.  Happy to have someone trying to help tho.  

1 hour ago, SAmome said:

Thanks, I can confirm Friday afternoon a terrible time to call.  Over 1.5 hrs to get someone to answer and still working on investigating the issues going in and out of holds, at 2hrs and 20 minutes.  Happy to have someone trying to help tho.  

I did get a fairly quick and good response on Twitter, which included follow up messages as well as a phone call.

18 hours ago, Hal from Ohio said:

Full refund for our cancelled family cruise for 10 was submitted on April 16th by our AAA travel agent.  Received credit card refund for one cabin on 5/16, and remaining refund for the other two cabins on 5/21.  

That’s great.  Our AAA agent has not been helpful and will never use AAA again.

We are still waiting on our shore excursion and dining charges for an April cruise. We have called customer service three times and were told that it was being processed. I was told that there was a problem with our credit card company (AmEX). That I find highly unlikely. I even contacted shore excursions and my RCI travel agent...no luck. I tried to get Royal anyone to transfer me to a supervisor or just give a check refund....or even a FCC. The answer was always 'no'.  It seems strange that my other refunds came through just fine on my AmEx. I am about at wits as to what do. Any suggestions? 

58 minutes ago, baldilocks said:

We are still waiting on our shore excursion and dining charges for an April cruise.

We are still waiting on cruise planner refunds from our cruise that was one of those cancelled on March 24th.   According to Royals website, they expect to have cruise planner refunds, from that round of cancellations, refunded by May 23rd.

The things we had cancelled in the March 13th round, took about 10 days longer, so we expect the ones we are waiting for, in the next two weeks. 

On 5/21/2020 at 1:57 PM, pineapple666 said:

You can have a try, but prepare for waiting. At least, they can confirm that you case is under processing, and you will get the refund but it’s just a matter of time if that helps.

Next time I will ask my TA if I should let my CC company to involve. 

Good luck is all I can say.

I had a May 30th cruise booked.  After the first round of cancellations, I was just waiting for my cancellation day to come.

On April 16th, I used the Royal Caribbean web link to request my refund and printed the confirmation.

May 8 I called Royal directly.  After being on hold for 1.5 hours, I was able to talk to an agent. At first he wouldn't confirm anything since I had booked via a travel agent.  But he eventually spoke to supervisors and did confirm that my refund was processing. 

Today - I just got a call from my TA saying that my FCC had been processed and would I want to book another cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I almost flipped my lid.

So here we go again!!!

Just got off the phone with RCI CS. The agent checked and stated that the shore  /dining refund for the April 27th cruise was manually processed by a 'supervisor' and that it should be to me by June 18th. Third promise maybe the charm ???

2 minutes ago, baldilocks said:

Just got off the phone with RCI CS. The agent checked and stated that the shore  /dining refund for the April 27th cruise was manually processed by a 'supervisor' and that it should be to me by June 18th. Third promise maybe the charm ???

We finally got our refund today after being told ours needed to be manually processed too along with a bunch of other stories over the last 78 days since we cancelled.  

Have not received a refund yet but did call today to inquire. I had refundable deposits on a b2b this summer but I cancelled   on March 23, a week before final payment due.  I phoned today and did talk with someone fairly quickly. They said that my refund was processed on April 11 but was rejected by my Bank. The refund was now "Stuck".  She put me on hold and I was told that the supervisor was going to process the refund right away.  I assume they gave the XT personal computer that RCL accounting systems run on  a kick or took out the floppy disk and reinserted it !  More concerned about a credit we received last year because of the Independence being moved from Europe to Florida. Initial expiry was July 31st this year for it to be used. We used on our cancelled trips this summer. The credit is still valid but we have to sail by Dec. 31st this year.  I think its unlikely we will cruise again this year (wife is a teacher) as summer is best time. 

I'm happy to report this morning after 61 days we received 100% of our refund for our Alaska cruise that was cancelled by RCI that ironically was set to sail today.  We were originally told 30 days when we were notified via e-mail of the cancellation.  I did call last week to inquire about the status of our refund, after being transferred to another agent and a total of 2 hours on hold the very nice agent stated the refund had not even begun to be processed.  This was obviously frustrating to me that on day 52 our refund was still not being processed.  He then brought up our booking and read back the amounts that were on 2 credit cards and initiated the refund on his end immediately.  He stated it should show on my card statement within 7 days and it did.  To all of those that are still waiting I feel your frustration and best of luck with your refunds or FCCs.

• Like 1

Glad to see someone received a refund.  I was afraid rc had stopped issuing refunds. I had instituted a dispute as I am at 77 days. I have two claims, one for deposit and one for final payment. RC responded that they had issued credit. I pointed out that only credit received was for cruise planner purchased. My bank matched this credit with purchases and is now going back to RC. Will this ever end.

I asked for my refund the minute they announced the last round of cancellations (about 9 or 10 days ago) for our June cruise. taking the advice of a couple of people here I immediately did a charge back with Amex. Just like those who suggested the charge back would speed things along I got my full refund yesterday. I am not saying there is causation, but I definitely think there is correlation.

YMMV

My refund has been coming very slowly: I requested it on March 24, received two credits on May 6 of $126.72 (taxes/fees) and $117.38. Then yesterday I got $5.90(!!).  So that adds up to $250, the deposit I paid last October. Hope I don’t have to wait too long for the rest. 

My parents just received their refund today from a March 17th cancellation. Also, many calls to all departments including Mr. Bayley. Finally disputing the charge with BOA got their money back.

• Like 1

Don't know how it happened, but . . .

We sent for our full refund claim for a GR cruise on the same day it was cancelled on 5/20. This morning our credit card was credited for the entire exact amount. Amazing, thanks RCCL.

R&D

Today I got all of the taxes, fees, etc refunded from the second cruise of our B2B on GR that RCL cancelled.  [March 19] We were out to sea when all cruising ended and lucky enough to get back to shore without any CV or isolation after our cruise. 

We have 2 FCC.  We have thought of taking at least 1 of them--but, it did not seem to be worth a try since so many were still waiting for refunds.  

Expiration date on the fcc I received via email today is may 28 2021.  I thought they were supposed to be good thru 12/31/2021?

The fcc was for a cruise I cancelled on may 10th for an August cruise to baltic.  I sure hope the fcc I'm to get for the 2nd leg of this b2b to norway has a date further out than may 2021.    

We confirmed with Royal Caribbean we would get a full refund minus the $500 non-refundable deposit.  In the end we only received 25% and all they could say is - sorry.  Be VERY careful with them - very deceitful business practice

Royal Caribbean must be in a desperate state by now. 

I received a second partial refund (2-digit figure) for my 24 March Royal-cancelled and refund requested cruise. Still owing me high 3 digit figure (including all taxes/fees).

On my other (b2b) 24 March Royal-cancelled and refund requested cruise, no news after a partial payment early May. Still owing me a 3 digit figure. 

Edited by Kbonner

I have found this post very helpful for timelines of refunds. I wanted to update on our refund. Cruise was scheduled to depart on 6/5/20. Royal cancelled on 3/24/20. I applied for a refund the same day. It took 67 days to receive a full refund.  The other party traveling with us has not yet received a refund and was told it will be at least another week or so.

God bless the patience showed by many waiting for refunds. What a despicable company to deal with over and over again.  

Where have all the RCI apologists gone? 

• Like 1