Cruises on your Wish-List

Britboys

Inspired by Andy's threads about favourite cruise and most recent cruise, I thought it would be interesting to see what cruises are on people's wish-lists.  Doesn't have to be one that is currently on offer by P&O or an exotic one - just an itinerary that you would love to do.  Again, this is to be a positive post, so no responses about never cruising again please.  For the sake of this thread we are assuming cruising will resume in the near future, with a good choice of lines, ships and destinations!

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Norway right up to the North Cape - probably with Fred Olsen as they are Norwegian.

The Amazon River.

South America.

Greenland.

All these plus something based out of Singapore heading around Malaysia, Thailand etc. Would love to do Greenland though, I was so envious of those who were on Oriana a couple of years ago and all the beautiful pictures they posted.

• Like 1

Been to the Norwegian Fjords several times but would like a cruise to go that way again then up to the North Cape, over to Iceland, then to Canada, USA and home via Ireland, that sounds like a good way to spend a few weeks right now.

Last time we did a longer cruise we attempted to do the on-board cocktail menu cover to cover and although I struggled with a few I am willing to give it a go again for a good cause

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Had 3 cruises this year and were really looking forward to them. Only been with p&o so cannot comment on other cruise lines but are desperately sad these will not be taking place as been looking forward to them for so long. Last cruise was Aurora 2019 so going forward have Azura booked in 2021 for 50th wedding anniversary but would like p&o to open up new destinations like Cyprus and Israel perhaps.

Apart from Alaska etc, I would love to do a Vietnam/Thailand type cruise. 

It would probably have to be part of a Worldie though as Michelle cannot fly. 

But, at the moment, I would take any cruise.. 

We may change tact though and save to do something very special rather than lots of P&O cheapies...

Andy 

• Like 4

Our first ever cruise went to Svalbard (Spitsbergen) and I would love to go back there some day but for environmental reasons, cruises there are now few and far between. Perhaps Hampshire Steve’s cruise could divert to there after North Cape (which in my opinion is not great). If so, I would be amongst the first to book. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

Celebrity, August 2021 Southampton to Boston via Scotland, Iceland, Greenland. I saw this whilst bored and commenting on another post.

Seriously considering saving for it now.

Looks great but I am already booked on Aurora to Norway using fcc from Iona maiden.

55 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Apart from Alaska etc, I would love to do a Vietnam/Thailand type cruise. 

It would probably have to be part of a Worldie though as Michelle cannot fly. 

But, at the moment, I would take any cruise.. 

We may change tact though and save to do something very special rather than lots of P&O cheapies...

Andy 

Same has you Andy, would love to do Vietnam / Thailand

Others would be Australia, New Zealand, Caribbean ( Booked three times, and had to cancel due to health reasons ) Baltic's. To many more to mention.

But these would be on top off the list.  

Bob

• Like 2

Not being able to fly now we're limited but sailing from Southampton :-

Any which includes a Nile transit so we can go to Jordan and visit Petra, as well as all the historic Egyptian sites. 

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Not being able to fly now we're limited but sailing from Southampton :-

Any which includes a Nile transit so we can go to Jordan and visit Petra, as well as all the historic Egyptian sites. 

Avril 

Would be great but geographically difficult to see many historic Egyptian sites. Several years ago, we did an eastern med cruise that stopped at Alexandria. P&O sold an overnight trip from Alexandria to Cairo, including river trip in Cairo, visits to sites in Cairo including Pyramids, Sphinx, other tombs etc and overnight hotel near to the Pyramids. We picked the ship up next day in Port Said, near Suez Canal. The only way you could do temples of Luxor and Valley of the Kings would be to transit Suez Canal, into Red Sea docking at somewhere like Safaga before a 3 hour coach convoy through the desert to Luxor and back again. Wouldn’t leave much time to see much of what Luxor has to offer without an overnight stay. 

Most Nile cruises go from Luxor to Aswan as there are potential security issues cruising on the Nile from Cairo to Luxor although of course you can fly between the two cities. I love the history of Egypt but it is not really possible to do it justice from a cruise ship. Like you, I would love to see Petra which of course is some distance from Egypt and the Nile.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

For us it is a Caribbean Cruise - would love to see the Caribbean and have an aft cabin to enjoy those sailaways.

We have an aft cabin on Britannia in Spring 2021 visiting four or five Caribbean islands from Barbados before crossing the Atlantic to Southampton. Hopefully, Britannia will be in the Caribbean in order for us to bring her home!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Would be great but geographically difficult to see many historic Egyptian sites. Several years ago, we did an eastern med cruise that stopped at Alexandria. P&O sold an overnight trip from Alexandria to Cairo, including river trip in Cairo, visits to sites in Cairo including Pyramids, Sphinx, other tombs etc and overnight hotel near to the Pyramids. We picked the ship up next day in Port Said, near Suez Canal. The only way you could do temples of Luxor and Valley of the Kings would be to transit Suez Canal, into Red Sea docking at somewhere like Safaga before a 3 hour coach convoy through the desert to Luxor and back again. Wouldn’t leave much time to see much of what Luxor has to offer without an overnight stay. 

Most Nile cruises go from Luxor to Aswan as there are potential security issues cruising on the Nile from Cairo to Luxor although of course you can fly between the two cities. I love the history of Egypt but it is not really possible to do it justice from a cruise ship. Like you, I would love to see Petra which of course is some distance from Egypt and the Nile.

7 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Most Nile cruises go from Luxor to Aswan as there are potential security issues cruising on the Nile from Cairo to Luxor although of course you can fly between the two cities. I love the history of Egypt but it is not really possible to do it justice from a cruise ship. Like you, I would love to see Petra which of course is some distance from Egypt and the Nile

I know logistically it isn't feasible but a girl can dream. When Frank had his panic attack coming back from Borneo an refused to fly again  there were still some things left on our bucket list. Egypt, Petra, Terracotta Warriors and the Great Wall, Japan, Ankor Wat to name a few. As you can tell south east Asia had been  addiction of ours for 30 years and we still hadn't seen all we wanted.

Avril 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I know logistically it isn't feasible but a girl can dream. When Frank had his panic attack coming back from Borneo an refused to fly again  there were still some things left on our bucket list. Egypt, Petra, Terracotta Warriors and the Great Wall, Japan, Ankor Wat to name a few. As you can tell south east Asia had been  addiction of ours for 30 years and we still hadn't seen all we wanted.

Avril 

Looks like you'll need to do a World Cruise then Avril 😄.  You'll need one that takes in both Alexandria and Aqaba though.  Fred Olsen are due to do one this November...  Its only a mere 140 nights long 😮.

• Like 1

It’s strange, before I booked our first cruise I always envisioned going to the warmer countries, but after booking a Norwegian cruise we’re more interested in colder climes cruises, Northern Lights, Iceland, Canada & ultimately Alaska.
To be honest though I’d settle for any cruise right now.
I’m considering cooking a posh dinner and wearing my evening gown on what should have been our first evening on a cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, pete14 said:

We have an aft cabin on Britannia in Spring 2021 visiting four or five Caribbean islands from Barbados before crossing the Atlantic to Southampton. Hopefully, Britannia will be in the Caribbean in order for us to bring her home!

Ah now we are jealous ;-) Which cabin are you? We have had F729 twice and loved it. Love Britannia and had looked at a Christmas cruise to the Caribbean Dec 2021 and move our deposit from Oceana for this April. Hopefully, things will have settled by then.