Refund Roll Call

JPH814

14 minutes ago, MightyQuinn said:

The FCDs were just sitting in our account for future use.  They were not applied to any particular cruise and still had 3 years left before expiry. 

OK, same with us (only ours were purchased in August of 2017).  I requested they be refunded on March 24th and just checked our credit card and still nothing showing so will be calling SB to follow-up.  Congrats that you got yours.  Wish me luck!

Edit - just talked to SB; she still shows that they were cancelled 3/24 but nothing in the system re: actual refund and she told me that now they are supposed to be telling people 60-90 days.  Sigh.   😞 

Edited by zelker
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cru Doll said:

Good News!

Our  Seabourn excursions have been refunded to our credit card.  Request submitted on April 1st.  Seabourn cancelled our June 27th cruise on April 14th.  Total amount approximately $1,700.  

Still waiting for full cruise amount and business class air booked with Seabourn.

Yes, received my $99 to the credit card yesterday for my 1 excursion.  Still no cruise/air from cruise SB canceled on March 11.

1 hour ago, zelker said:

Edit - just talked to SB; she still shows that they were cancelled 3/24 but nothing in the system re: actual refund and she told me that now they are supposed to be telling people 60-90 days.  Sigh.   😞

zelker, I noticed in the past few days that more people have reported receiving refunds from SB for shorex.  Beyond that, refunds seem to be pretty random with no particular logic or order to processing.  Who would have thought that making a deposit or final payment on a cruise would turn into extending an unsecured loan to the cruise line with unknown terms?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, MightyQuinn said:

Who would have thought that making a deposit or final payment on a cruise would turn into extending an unsecured loan to the cruise line with unknown terms?

This is what happens when a corporation is strapped for cash.  i hope it all works out--and everyone receives their refund. I'm watching closely as I am sure everyone else is. 

And with many more employees being laid off or “retiring” the ones left are doing much more work and its taking much more time.  I only have a deposit for a future cruise that I cancelled at the end of March for a November cruise and whilst it is not money I need, it is money I want.  i would rather have it then Seabourn (or the other cruiselines I await refunds from) having it.

Cruise Date: 6/23/2020

Cruise cancelled by Seabourn: 4/14/2020

Excursions refunded: 5/15/2020

Spa Bookings refunded: 5/15/2020

Cruise Refund requested: 4/15/2020 - nothing received as of today (and would not expect this within 60 days...)

On 5/16/2020 at 9:58 AM, wesport said:

On the HAL talk list, someone talked to an associate that said the end of June was her last day. Hopefully a window.

If staff are being laid off at the end of June, that doesn't indicate that they anticipate ramping up bookings in the second half of the year, does it?

• Like 1

My sister called Seabourn today so she could document that she contacted them before filing a credit card dispute.  The customer service agent didn’t bother to ask for her confirmation number but asked when she filed for option 2-refund request, which was 4/15. Agent said refund would take up to 60 days from that date, plus 7-10 days more for bank to process the refund. Sister asked if that was calendar days or business days; she was told it was calendar days.

She asked when refunds were going to be done and was told a big batch would be going out Friday, May 22.  She asked if any refunds have already been paid and was told they had.  She asked “What if I’m not satisfied with waiting?”  The agent told her that she needed to wait the 60 days plus 7-10 days and then she could call Seabourn again and ask to speak to a supervisor.  

She is going to go ahead and file the credit card dispute.

I called Seabourn today and spoke with "Frank".... He said that the March 11 cancellations are being refunded now and that my March 17 cancellation should be refunded in about a week.  He apologized and told me that they are doing everything by HAND!!!!!  I wasn't going to argue with him, but I thought that sounded very strange.  

2 hours ago, JodiandFrank said:

I called Seabourn today and spoke with "Frank".... He said that the March 11 cancellations are being refunded now and that my March 17 cancellation should be refunded in about a week.  He apologized and told me that they are doing everything by HAND!!!!!  I wasn't going to argue with him, but I thought that sounded very strange.  

Frank must not be familiar with the calendar then.

My Feb 27th claim is still unanswered (taxes on a cancelled cruise). Maybe he thinks March 11 comes before Feb 27th.

Maybe my credit card company can set him straight during the dispute I filed.

Edited by Paulchili

I am 67 days for our first cruise, and 50 days for our second (back2back cruises).

Today I received what I would call a 'holding email'.  I can copy it here.  It's basically saying .. hang on, you're in the queue, we'll get to you as soon as we can.  And that staff are doing it all by hand working from home, because the automated systems won't work in this instance.  

1 hour ago, Mauzac said:

I am 67 days for our first cruise, and 50 days for our second (back2back cruises).

Today I received what I would call a 'holding email'.  I can copy it here.  It's basically saying .. hang on, you're in the queue, we'll get to you as soon as we can.  And that staff are doing it all by hand working from home, because the automated systems won't work in this instance.  

I got the same mail. I agree just a generic ‘holding email’. I suspect it has been sent to a lot of customers and another attempt to encourage us to change to 125% FCC.  It also suggests that Seabourn are processing refunds in some sort of order but reading the posts on this forum only a handful have actually received anything.  What have Seabourn been doing for 2 months? 

We'll see.

I cancelled our Princess on 4/21 (simple deposit only) and so far nothing. Lets; see how long it will take.

I had cancelled 2 Viking deposits and both were returned in 3 days - now that is what I call "listening" & responsive.

We had two booked as follows:

Cruise 1 - Date: June 27, 2020, Seabourn cancelled on 4/15. 4/16 we asked for refund. Nothing to date.

Cruise 2 - Date: Dec 20, 2020, We cancelled on 3/22. Asked for deposit return the same day 3/22. Nothing to date.

Spoke to Seabourn today and they said another 3 or 4 weeks and also mentioned something about 60 business days. So far we’ve gotten at least 3 different stories from them on refund timeframes and zero communication via email or anything else. I’m more then a little annoyed. This will forever alter the way I do business with them, if I ever do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wire said:

I’m more then a little annoyed. This will forever alter the way I do business with them, if I ever do.

Not to be argumentative because I agree with you, but.....

You are just barely over 1 month - I am on day 84 with Seabourn and waiting.

How can you "alter" how you do business with them in the future? They will want their deposit and final payment when they say so or else. They won't wait 60 business days for either one.

Edited by Paulchili

12 hours ago, Paulchili said:

How can you "alter" how you do business with them in the future? They will want their deposit and final payment when they say so or else. They won't wait 60 business days for either one.

Read Cruise #2, that would be 60 days. 

cruise scheduled for March 28, 2020

Seabourn cancelled cruise on March 13, 2020

requested refund March 15, 2020 (first day allowed)

no refunds as of today (May 21).  67 days and counting.

Was told refund would be made on May 14, 2020 (60 days).  Called on May 15, and was told refund would be issued on May 21, 2020.  Just today, I discussed whether we should give up the ghost and dispute this charge with Amex.  $25,477.64.  I guess at this point, we are fools if we don't.

23 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Paulchili, I don't know how Wire plans to alter his business with Seabourn in the future.  I know how I am going to alter my business with Seabourn.  I am going to call Crystal, Regent, or Silversea.  (We are currently still booked on Crystal in October--time will tell.)

4 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Before you go with another cruise line, you may want to check their boards and look at the refund complaints on those boards.   You would be better off chartering a private 
yacht in the future so you would have complete control of your sailing.   

You make a good point in your first sentence, and friends have had horrible experiences on Silversea.  But other friends who were on Regent were promptly refunded.  Haven't heard anything about Crystal, but I may be testing Crystal in July when my final payment is due for an October cruise.  I will not ignore your insulting sarcasm, but I will not try to respond substantively, because I do not understand your point, other than you are just a nasty....

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 10:42 PM, JodiandFrank said:

I'm a March 11 cancellation...nothing yet.