Masks probably required

Just now, ECCruise said:

Every week?  This is typical FBook BS. Several articles have been written about that.  PolitiFact and MediaWise among others.

How about one major restatement in over 3 months.  And the early recommendation was because of fear of hording and starting to analyze the data.

I can't believe in this day and age people either don't get the purpose of a cloth mask or simply continue to pretend to be uninformed.

CDC.  Today:

two people wearing cloth face coverings. Text: your cloth face covering protects them. Their cloth face covering protects you.

Again, if a person coughs or sneezes the mask MIGHT do some good if you are within the range of inhaling that. Wil the mask help any other way? No! What about it getting all over you and your clothes. As with the common flu. Be cautious and stay clear of anyone that might look sick or has sneezed. We never wore any mask to protect us from the common flu, which is in vast numbers. Heck. Many do not even get the vaccine to help prevent it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

This thread is hopping this morning. 😇

You'd think that after 3 weeks, 42 pages and 1,000+ posts, everything said about a subject has already been said.

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Masks, worn or not, seem to have become the newest form of virtue signalling in today's society. 

People need to think outside the box.What needs to happen is have a Kardashian or a Jonas brother start a line of stylish face masks in whatever the latest fashionable color or print is "in" this summer. It'll soon become the hottest "must have" fashion accessory. Think wannabe supermodels jumping to the front of the line at nighclubs while wearing the latest bedazzled face mask.  Mask companies will have to hire thousands of unemployed people to keep up with demand, struggling retailers will be flush with cash as they'll be able to charge top dollar.

Bonus: Many people will look better with their masks on than off, which will encourage others to wear masks.

😇  Just offering a fresh perspective.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Straight from Kool-Aid central:  don't wear a mask on a cruise and you will die.

You might want to take a break and a nap.

So Carnival will bring out a brand new ship if this starts happening and cal it. The Carnival Cremation

You say you were held up? What did he look like. I dono but he had on a Cookie Monster mask.

Common sense is what is lost here. Must I tell you not to cross the street because you might get hit by a car. I certainly hope not. Same here.

2 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Again, if a person coughs or sneezes the mask MIGHT do some good if you are within the range of inhaling that. Wil the mask help any other way? No! What about it getting all over you and your clothes. As with the common flu. Be cautious and stay clear of anyone that might look sick or has sneezed. We never wore any mask to protect us from the common flu, which is in vast numbers. Heck. Many do not even get the vaccine to help prevent it. 

It doesn't NEED to help in any other way, for heaven's sake.  It only needs to stifle the sneeze or cough of the one wearing it.  And might?  Your no mask solution means ZERO CHANCE of stopping the sneeze/cough.

And do you sell the radar you have equipped yourself with that allows you to "stay clear of anyone that might look sick or has sneezed?"  You could sell millions of that device since no one, in the history of man, has ever had someone unexpectedly cough or sneeze near them.  Your radar system would eliminate that possibility as you hustle out of their way.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Every week?  This is typical FBook BS. Several articles have been written about that.  PolitiFact and MediaWise among others.

How about one major restatement in over 3 months.  And the early recommendation was because of fear of hording and starting to analyze the data.

I can't believe in this day and age people either don't get the purpose of a cloth mask or simply continue to pretend to be uninformed.

CDC.  Today:

two people wearing cloth face coverings. Text: your cloth face covering protects them. Their cloth face covering protects you.

15 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

CDC.  Today:

So Fauci et al purposely let people die and the infection spike by telling us on March 8 that masks were unnecessary? Gee, were those who died because of that lie really expendable in order to have enough masks for hospitals? 

“Sorry your grandma and sister died, but we couldn’t tell the truth or even suggest cloth masks back  then because we were trying to hoard the good masks.  “

”Oh OK.”

Edited by hazence
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, hazence said:

So Fauci et al purposely let people die and the infection spike by telling us on March 8 that masks were unnecessary? Gee, were those who died because of that lie really expendable in order to have enough masks for hospitals? 

As I clearly said in the post you actually quoted  they were "starting to analyze the data"

BTW, for full disclosure, March 8 was well over  2 months ago.  Things change as data is analyzed.

Edited by ECCruise

Just now, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

You say you were held up? What did he look like. I dono but he had on a Cookie Monster mask.

Common sense is what is lost here. Must I tell you not to cross the street because you might get hit by a car. I certainly hope not. Same here.

I am looking forward to the non-KoolAid explanation for how 3.5 million people have managed to get infected by this if it requires getting directly sneezed on. Plus, why places like Korea, which had a huge outbreak, managed to contain it so well. I think I saw pictures of lots of masks. Those fools! What do they know, anyway? 

But if insulting mask wearers makes people feel better, I guess that is important for some reason. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

It doesn't NEED to help in any other way, for heaven's sake.  It only needs to stifle the sneeze or cough of the one wearing it.  And might?  Your no mask solution means ZERO CHANCE of stopping the sneeze/cough.

And do you sell the radar you have equipped yourself with that allows you to "stay clear of anyone that might look sick or has sneezed?"  You could sell millions of that device since no one, in the history of man, has ever had someone unexpectedly cough or sneeze near them.  Your radar system would eliminate that possibility as you hustle out of their way.

I can promise you the first time I am forced to wear a mask and I have to sneeze, I am removing the mask to sneeze and properly cover it.  No way I am sneezing into a mask that is upagainst my face and will remain there.  Yuck.  🤢

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ECCruise said:

Things change as data is analyzed.

Well, not opinions, it would seem.

Actually, I overstated that. The "refund" threads are indeed full of regrets by numerous people who in February and March insisted that this was no worse than the seasonal flu and therefore they would cruise anyway. But it took cancelled cruises, I think, for them to pay attention. Maybe 100,000 deaths in the US will mean something to head-in-sand adherents now.  Or maybe not.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KsucAts said:

I can promise you the first time I am forced to wear a mask and I have to sneeze, I am removing the mask to sneeze and properly cover it.  No way I am sneezing into a mask that is upagainst my face and will remain there.  Yuck.  🤢

OK.

Fine.  You are still stifling the sneeze.  Which is the goal.

The mask is to stifle the unexpected sneeze or cough.  Or for people who don't properly cover it.  Which happens to millions of people every day.

That is the point.  Why is this so tough?

Edited by ECCruise

OK.

Fine.  You are still stifling the sneeze.  Which is the goal.

The mask is to stifle the unexpected sneeze or cough.  Which happens to millions of people every day.

That is the point.  Why is this so tough?

I can honestly say that I have never had an unexpected sneeze or cough where I don't have time to cover.  Why is that so tough?  

7 minutes ago, KsucAts said:

Good grief, it came from your own mouth....you swallow your spit every second....

4 minutes ago, KsucAts said:

I can honestly say that I have never had an unexpected sneeze or cough where I don't have time to cover.  Why is that so tough?  

Because in all probability it is totally bogus!  Come on, can you at least be honest about this at least...we have all 100% at least once in our life sneezed or coughed spontaneously...and there's nothing tough

h about THAT

Edited by BecciBoo

1 minute ago, BecciBoo said:

Good grief, it came from your own mouth....you swallow your spit every second....

I do.  But I don't wear that spit on something up against my face.

Edited by KsucAts

3 minutes ago, KsucAts said:

Never sneezed or coughed with both hands occupied like carrying something in the house?  Or working on a project with both hands?  Sorry.  Not saying it is every day but it happens.  Really.

Never sneezed or coughed with both hands occupied like carrying something in the house?  Or working on a project with both hands?  Sorry.  Not saying it is every day but it happens.  Really.

This will be my last reply as obviously you are convinced everybody should wear a mask from here until eternity (there will always be a possibility of something contageous out there) at all times when anywhere near anybody else.  But no, I don't.  I always have a couple seconds at least where I can control the cough or sneeze to put down whatever I may be holding if I need to in order to cover it.  They don't just happen without notice.

21 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

As I clearly said in the post you actually quoted  they were "starting to analyze the data"

BTW, for full disclosure, March 8 was well over  2 months ago.  Things change as data is analyzed.

If masks work...why are they releasing prisoners, including some dangerous ones...instead of just providing masks?

And if NOT wearing masks is so dangerous to others, why are certain areas where mask wearing is really lax...not seeing respective surges of cases?  

As you say...months have gone by. Observation itself is part of data collecting!! Explain that!

Edited by hazence
  • Like 1

The other thing we all do at least 25 times in a minute is touch our face....I have noticed as I wear my Oh So fashionable home made mask at Wally World that I even move the thing aside to scratch or touch my face, just out of habit.  Just be truthful, we all do it, it's like a88hls everybody has one. Results of a recent study:

On average, each of the 26 observed students touched their face 23 times per hour. Of all face touches, 44% (1,024/2,346) involved contact with a mucous membrane, whereas 56% (1,322/2,346) of contacts involved nonmucosal areas. Of mucous membrane touches observed, 36% (372) involved the mouth, 31% (318) involved the nose, 27% (273) involved the eyes, and 6% (61) were a combination of these regions.

Then we touch all the veggies especially if we reject the first one, and other commodities in the market...there is no getting away from contamination unless you're in a "clean room".  I choose to wear one because it gives others a sense of control and safety and that is the reason I think the task force has really recommended them, especially in the light of medical evidence and the things they were saying about the initial recommendations.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KsucAts said:

I do.  But I don't wear that spit on something up against my face.

No, you just smear it all over your lips, then it goes to your fingers then someone else or something else....deal with it.  You won't melt.  And heaven forbid you kiss someone, or are we all avoiding that as well...just get on with it.

Edited by BecciBoo

1 minute ago, BecciBoo said:

No, you just smear it all over your lips, then it goes to your fingers then someone else or something else....deal with it.  You won't melt.

I don't have to deal with anything.  I won't go any place that requires a mask.  I will only make an exception for taking a short flight while the airlines are requiring it, but I will remove the mask frequently to take drinks.  Other than that, if a mask is required I will do something else.