Princess TA Webinar May 7

lderochi

14 minutes ago, caribill said:

As long as the cruise cost of the cancelled cruise was at least $10,000, that is what she will get.

If for example the cruise cost (which does not include the additional taxes, fees, etc.) was only $7000, then what she paid plus the bonus will be limited to an FCC of $7000.

Yep - she did well.

20 minutes ago, cherylandtk said:

Am I correct in thinking your cruises were cancelled by Princess, yes?  Not by you or your client?  If so, that means we have THREE categories of cruises without FCC issued.  

1. Round 1 cancellations have not had FCC issued by April 30 as stated in last webinar.(you and Coral).

2.  People on cruises that were abruptly stopped partway PRIOR to round 1 (Holly and Suzyed) still have no FCC and THEY should have been first.

3. People who cancelled on their own before Princess did their pauses have not received FCC AND my TA tells me the fact I canceled first is now irrelevant; my booking will be handled in the Mythological Sailing Date Order.  

Technically I am in Category 3. I cancelled March 6th and the pause was announced on the 13th. My sailing was included in the pause.

17 minutes ago, Coral said:

Technically I am in Category 3. I cancelled March 6th and the pause was announced on the 13th. My sailing was included in the pause.

So if your cruise is in Pause 3, then processing will not start until no sooner than June 15 which is the deadline for letting Princess know if you want a refund or (by default) the FCC alternative.

1 hour ago, cherylandtk said:

It was near the very end. FCD is converted to ‘cash status’ upon use;  if your cruise was in Pause 3 cancellations you can either get $200 FCC for your deposit, or ask for a refund.  IF the FCD expiration date has not passed, you can ask for your refund to be returned as an FCD. Pause 1 or 2 have different rules.

Looked really hard and could not find what you said. No problem, will not ask for refund and end up with status quo $100 FCD or $200. Thank you.

4 minutes ago, caribill said:

So if your cruise is in Pause 3, then processing will not start until no sooner than June 15 which is the deadline for letting Princess know if you want a refund or (by default) the FCC alternative.

I am not in Pause 3. I am in #3 of what Cheryl had posted. I cancelled an April cruise less than a week before Princess cancelled it.

I am in Pause #1 but my agent cancelled it and Princess did not but I am included with Pause #1.

1 hour ago, cherylandtk said:

Am I correct in thinking your cruises were cancelled by Princess, yes?  Not by you or your client?  If so, that means we have THREE categories of cruises without FCC issued.  

1. Round 1 cancellations have not had FCC issued by April 30 as stated in last webinar.(you and Coral).

2.  People on cruises that were abruptly stopped partway PRIOR to round 1 (Holly and Suzyed) still have no FCC and THEY should have been first.

3. People who cancelled on their own before Princess did their pauses have not received FCC AND my TA tells me the fact I canceled first is now irrelevant; my booking will be handled in the Mythological Sailing Date Order.  

So disappointing and ridiculous.  

I did have one positive takeaway (theoretically) from the webinar for those who don’t want to sit through random silliness:

FCCs will be able to be used as deposits on new cruises after June 1.  Their system wasn’t set up for that, but after complaints the Crack IT Team only needs another month to get it working.

I'm not even sure which group I fall into...

My cruise was March 14th and I cancelled on March 10th. At that time, the policy was that all refundable amounts (for me around $2500) would go back to original form of payment and cancellation penalties would be issued as an FCC (this would have been around $3000). At time of cancellation, I was told 7-10 days for refund and FCC. Two days later, March 12th, Princess announced the 1st pause and my cruise was one of the first sailings in that pause. I filled out and submitted the form for option 1 on March 12th and received confirmation of receipt a few minutes later. At that time, it was stated 30 days for refund/FCC. My original refundable amounts were to be back to original form of payment and I would also be issued an FCC for 225% of cruise fare paid. Obviously, 30 days came and went and then changed to 60 days. This 60 days was initially from the date you submitted your request for option 1 or 2 (so in my case March 12th). Then Princess said it would be in departure date order (so in my case March 14th). Now they are not even giving a timeline and I have still received nothing - no refundable amount and no FCC. Any way you look at it, mine SHOULD have been among the first processed if they were actually doing what they say they are doing...

The exact scenario above was true for a client I had booked on the sailing. I cancelled her on March 9th. The difference is that within 4 days, her refundable amounts went back to original form of payment. Still no FCC for her.

I had another cruise in August that was cancelled as part of the 2nd pause. This was not paid in full but did have a substantial amount paid off as I tend to pay a little each month rather than have a big final payment. For this cruise, I will receive what I paid (and nothing more) back to my original form of payment. No timeline given. No form to submit. The cruise hasn't even been cancelled in my personaliser yet, so I suspect I won't see that money until the fall (if ever).

I have had patience as I do understand they have a lot to do right now. However, the lack of consistent communication and the inability to give any reassurances has forced me to file a dispute with my credit card. I actually don't know if the bank will accept the dispute since I have been making payments over the past year or so. We will see.

• Like 1

We were supposed to be sailing today with friends.  We cancelled two days before the first pause was announced and got roughly 80% of our refund within a couple of days but no OBC yet.  We are part of the "sweep" Princess is doing of cruises cancelled by passengers just before Princess cancelled them so we have been patiently waiting.  Our friends did not cancel on their own but elected Option 1 FCC on the day the pause was announced.  They have nothing yet although Princess has implied that all of the Option 1 folks should have gotten their FCCs by now.  So there is no rhyme or reason about how they are generating FCCs and refunds and it remains one giant mess.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

It was near the very end. FCD is converted to ‘cash status’ upon use;  if your cruise was in Pause 3 cancellations you can either get $200 FCC for your deposit, or ask for a refund.  IF the FCD expiration date has not passed, you can ask for your refund to be returned as an FCD. Pause 1 or 2 have different rules.

I went to OneSource site and found the actual Webinar and listened to recording, which confirmed what you said, thanks. Previously I was just looking at Slides from presentation.

Edited by Tedferg
  • Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 7:41 PM, lderochi said:

Well, here’s the presentation from the webinar https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/news/PrincessUpdate6Presentation.pdf . There’s also a recording 

And oh my God they are pushing their TAs to push their clients to take Option 1. 5 slides on why option 1 is “obviously” the better choice! 

Thanks for the post. Interesting points: FCC can soon be used for deposits & new rebook options for cancelled destinations (similar to what Alaska cruises now get) ie: additional OBC?

On 5/9/2020 at 12:06 PM, caribill said:

As long as the cruise cost of the cancelled cruise was at least $10,000, that is what she will get.

If for example the cruise cost (which does not include the additional taxes, fees, etc.) was only $7000, then what she paid plus the bonus will be limited to an FCC of $7000.

The way they stated it was: If  your cruise cost $7,000 and you have paid (for instance) $8,000 but have not paid the cruise in full you will get double the cost of the cruise as FCC and the "extra" $1,000 will be refunded as cash. You would get $14,000 FCC and $1,000 cash.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 12:40 AM, Carnevale said:

It is interesting that you the only one who has reported any refunds in the hundreds of posts on CC I have read about refunds for those who selected option 2 for the March 12 pause.  Why haven’t others also had refunds?   It would be nice if the people you say have received them would post directly.

You might like to take a look at the refund thread that is now 71 pages. On page #41 & #71 a member details their Option 2 refund. I'll let you use your search skills.

be safe, be kind

dog

On 5/7/2020 at 6:53 PM, hpeabody said:

I wonder ... Sailing date order from when?????, mid March when the pause was announced?  I boarded on January 20th and was on the ship when the pause was announced.  I have received NOTHING! 

I would, and have, file a dispute with your credit card.  I honestly don't think Princess has the liquidity to do the refunds, hence the push to do the enhanced FCC.  The dispute process is simple and will be one less thing to stress over.  I also filed a complaint with my state's attorney office.

• Like 2

On 5/9/2020 at 2:37 PM, cherylandtk said:

Do you happen to know the rules for Pause 1? 

Ours is Pause 1.  The FCD would expire in May 2021. 

Thanks.

38 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

Do you happen to know the rules for Pause 1? 

Ours is Pause 1.  The FCD would expire in May 2021. 

Thanks.

I think for Pause 1 cruises, which had passed the final payment date, it’s no longer a matter of dealing with just a deposit.  If you used an FCD to book, it got lumped together with your total payment and the whole thing will be returned as FCC or refund depending on your Option 1/2 choice.  But that is all just a best guess understanding.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2020 at 7:41 PM, lderochi said:

Well, here’s the presentation from the webinar https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/news/PrincessUpdate6Presentation.pdf . There’s also a recording 

I understand that there will be another webinar tomorrow to address the most frequently asked questions from the last webinar.  If you are able to provide a link to the webinar as you did last time, I think it would be very interesting to see and hear.  Thanks in advance!

• Thanks 1

On 5/9/2020 at 12:40 AM, Carnevale said:

It is interesting that you the only one who has reported any refunds in the hundreds of posts on CC I have read about refunds for those who selected option 2 for the March 12 pause.  Why haven’t others also had refunds?   It would be nice if the people you say have received them would post directly.

hope you can see that the refunds are coming. Did you get yours yet? Good luck

On 5/8/2020 at 9:40 PM, Carnevale said:

As requested. Dog is not the only one. I have had 2 cruises refunded (I've had my cash and 80% of base+bonus FCC for about 3 weeks). I also know 3 couples that got theirs.  1 is a newbie to Princess and is amazed she got it so fast. (I'm not). FWIW I'm still waiting on Philharmonic season ticket refund as 2020 season isn't happening so it's not just Princess. 

For an uplifting thread read:

Edited by Ombud
Typo
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ombud said:

As requested. Dog is not the only one. I have had 2 cruises refunded (I've had my cash and 80% of base+bonus FCC for about 3 weeks).

Did you get any notice of how the refund amounts were calculated?

No. It would've been nice but it was just there.  On the credit card refund for 1st cruise it showed up as 3 separate credits (each person was a separate credit). That cancellation is missing 537FCC × 2 plus 0.5FCC. The other cancellation finally balanced but I got a weird check that I can't figure out why I got it. Deposited it anyway. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

I understand that there will be another webinar tomorrow to address the most frequently asked questions from the last webinar.  If you are able to provide a link to the webinar as you did last time, I think it would be very interesting to see and hear.  Thanks in advance!

I don't have a link but I would try using the previous link https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/news/PrincessUpdate6Presentation.pdf  and replacing the number 6 with a 7.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

All of them are posted here (scroll down toward the bottom of the page):

https://book.princess.com/BookingSystem/goToUrl.do?srcURL=marketing/pc/news/temp_policy_change/index.jsp

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ombud said:

As requested. Dog is not the only one. I have had 2 cruises refunded (I've had my cash and 80% of base+bonus FCC for about 3 weeks). I also know 3 couples that got theirs.  1 is a newbie to Princess and is amazed she got it so fast. (I'm not). FWIW I'm still waiting on Philharmonic season ticket refund as 2020 season isn't happening so it's not just Princess. 

For an uplifting thread read:

thanks Ombud. I couldn’t get link to post. Did not want him/ her to miss out. 
so happy for those getting refunds now. Hope we will see many more coming this week. Dog

Edited by dog

10 hours ago, Thrak said:

I don't have a link but I would try using the previous link https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/news/PrincessUpdate6Presentation.pdf  and replacing the number 6 with a 7.

I was going to try that after the webinar if I didn't get a link here but when I tried it last time, that little trick only worked for 2 of the webinars to date.

10 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

All of them are posted here (scroll down toward the bottom of the page):

https://book.princess.com/BookingSystem/goToUrl.do?srcURL=marketing/pc/news/temp_policy_change/index.jsp

Perfect, thank you!  Hopefully they will post the slide deck.  It looks like they didn't do that for one of the prior sessions that involved FAQs.

14 hours ago, Ombud said:

FWIW I'm still waiting on Philharmonic season ticket refund as 2020 season isn't happening so it's not just Princess. 

Agree we are waiting for a concert refund and yesterday got an apology from vendor saying they had laid off much of their staff so processing was slower than expected.